TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 51 of 523 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364146474849505152535455566166717681869196101151301 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 13075

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Taking a break
    62% of adult Americans believes biblicall Flood actually happened. Welcome to the world.

Anyway, The Darkness 2 has a demo on Steam and since I wholeheartedly support demos I gave it a whirl. Some minor gripes aside(horribly low FOV, mediocre graphics and music, any resolution other than 16:9/10 being stretched/squeezed, based on a comic book = quite stupid) it looked pretty interesting. You have two arms to hold guns with but also two demon tentacles to do funny crap with like throwing stuff at people or ripping off a car door to create a shield. And also some demon monkey thing that pesters enemies out of cover and pisses on them. Creative kills get you demon points(or whatever) which you spend on power ups, both active and passive.

verbose douchebag
    You're right. Fallout 3 is a sub-standard game and my thorough enjoyment of it is an indication of some kind of cognitive bias. My guess is you need this more than me, so I'm happy to oblige.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    You're right. Fallout 3 is a sub-standard game and my thorough enjoyment of it is an indication of some kind of cognitive bias.
    Well as they say it's most important to admit you do have a problem, good job

Fallout 3 would be a lot better if New Vegas hadn't immediately come along and smashed its throat with a power armor boot.

verbose douchebag
    It seems weird there is no counselling available to people with my condition..

Do you think if I lean into your opinions a bit, you might some closer to that elusive feeling of happiness you constantly hear other people mention? If so, I'm more than happy to continue. It's no loss for me and big gains for you.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    It seems weird there is no counselling available to people with my condition..
    I blame liberal propaganda which led people to believe everyone can be right at the same time even when they hold completely opposide views.

Which is kind of like saying that all people are equal, despite high school biology blatantly proving that wrong with introduction to genetics... oh wait

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Once again I should remind everyone that Koki has never played Fallout 3. Thus his opinion on the subject is 100% lacking in credibility and is worth naught.

Ah, but you don't understand that he's watched a Let's Play, which is, like, totally equivalent to playing the game yourself...

Since yesterday I've been giving Star Trek Online a go now that it has gone free to play. Verdict: The combat ground missions are excellent. Very Mass Effect-ish in feel. The space combat is quite fun also.

The missions that I have played so far have been mixed in levels of fun. Combat ones as mentioned above - good, the go here and speak to this person and get item -insert item name here- ones - very average.

It has a definite Star Trek feel with elements from all the shows in there (in terms of places, people, items, story elements etc). Traveling from place to place was interesting at first but gets really boring fast as its takes too long too often. This is the first mmo that I've played where the location of mission npcs is not pointed out for you. For example an early mission requires you to go to a space station to speak with a person, except that it doesn't point out on the map where to find him once you get there, requiring a fair bit of searching (since the place was quite large). I hope they fix this in future.

The same occurs in space in the same way. Quite odd. Needing to get to a specific planet can be time consuming and annoying due to needing to first look at the in-game star chart, find the planet you need to go to + work out the sector its in, then the system, requiring you to fly to each point in turn. For a Star Trek game I had expected that you would have had either a "lay in course to mission objective" button or the ability to select a location to go to from a list. But nope, need to do it all yourself. Hell even the ability to type in the location name and then have it lay in the necessary course would have good. Mass Effect did all of that a hell of alot better.

The voice overs from Leonard Nimoy are a welcome treat, whenever they occur.

So my impressions of the game so far is that its a mixed bag. Really good in places and very annoying and boring in others. This game would have been alot better as a singleplayer rpg with co-op, and with all of the issues I listed above addressed. Then it would have been brilliant.
    Last edited by icemann; 26th Jan 2012 at 10:41.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    I blame liberal propaganda which led people to believe everyone can be right at the same time even when they hold completely opposide views.

Which is kind of like saying that all people are equal, despite high school biology blatantly proving that wrong with introduction to genetics... oh wait
    Eye of the beholder. I don't care for your opinion on a game if I enjoy it. You are welcome to your opinion. Won't change mine. I am going to play Fallout 3 again and there is nothing you can do about it. If that makes me a bad person in the eyes of one angry forum user, then I guess that's a burden I'll have to learn to live with.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Ah, but you don't understand that he's watched a Let's Play, which is, like, totally equivalent to playing the game yourself...
    Totally like? No. Enough to see that story, characters, locations and above all writing are total garbage? Very much so. Let's combine that with the NMA review which neatly shows how dumbed down SPECIAL is in F3. And with some random info I picked up on the net such as "Wear Lincoln top hat for +1 IN bonus" or that YouTube vid showing off trademark Bethesda character animations.

So either you're willing to prove any of these claims wrong or you're essentially babbling that if I'm not willing to stuff my mouth full of shit I can't say that it's disgusting, in which case I can't take you any more seriously than you me.

verbose douchebag
    Weird, I still enjoyed it. Maybe I'm relaxing too much when I play games and should be being more critical instead. Unless it's, oh I don't know, a HOBBY or something.

Taking the Death Toll

completely ignoring koki because what's the point

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    @dethtoll: Do you play it with mods, and if so, which main ones?
    Big list, but basically DarnUI (a must,) Fellout (I'd like to be using Dynamic Weather but I'm waiting for that one to get a new version -- maybe next time,) FWE, the Unofficial Patch™, DC Interiors, and several smaller mods like one that adds light to the streetlights and other sources around the wasteland, some of them flickering.

And though I have all 5 DLC, I'm playing with Zeta disabled because seriously fuck that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Fallout 3 would be a lot better if New Vegas hadn't immediately come along and smashed its throat with a power armor boot.
    This is true. After New Vegas it would be hard to go back.

verbose douchebag
    I've still not played NV yet. I will replay FO3 + DLC (should I disable Zeta despite having not played it yet? Is it so bad I should simply never see it?) at some point when Skyrim releases its grip on me and I'm not balls deep in a 20,000 word report.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Started playing Dark Souls again. I never learn.

Totally like? No. Enough to see that story, characters, locations and above all writing are total garbage? Very much so. Let's combine that with the NMA review which neatly shows how dumbed down SPECIAL is in F3. And with some random info I picked up on the net such as "Wear Lincoln top hat for +1 IN bonus" or that YouTube vid showing off trademark Bethesda character animations.

So either you're willing to prove any of these claims wrong or you're essentially babbling that if I'm not willing to stuff my mouth full of shit I can't say that it's disgusting, in which case I can't take you any more seriously than you me.
    As usual you're spouting bullshit about things you know next to nothing about, so rather than try to argue with your argument from ignorance I'm just going to sum up how the rest of the world views your baseless opinion

Level 10,000 achieved
    ^^^
    Hahaha that

Taking a break
    As long as you don't actually any valid points and keep making TTLG into "4chan" you oh-so-hate, brah.

Taking the Death Toll
    You have no valid points either, brah.

As long as you don't actually any valid points and keep making TTLG into "4chan" you oh-so-hate, brah.
    Your doing a good enough effort on your own for that koki

Taking a break
    Don't forget to not provide any examples or reasoning for that and just post image macros when confronted

That's the trick

Don't forget to not provide any examples or reasoning for that and just post inane one-liners when confronted

That's the trick

It's been a big couple of years for Terrorism simulators. I've moved from Red Faction Guerrilla to Just Cause 2 now. It's pretty fun. After a short mission and a car chase the game basically says "Actually the best way to find this bad guy you are trying to nab is to reduce this tiny island nation to total anarchy! So go and blow shit up."
    "What...anything?"
    "Pretty much."
    "Just the military stuff right?"
    "No. Knock out the power. Ruin the water supply. It's all good"
    "What about the population. Won't they get upset?"
    "Nah. It's way too hot out."
    "Won't I like ruin some place and then have to come back to it in a mission?"
    "No."
    "Really?"
    "There's a lot of stuff to blow up. Trust me. Now go! Or I won't give you any new toys to play with!" (and that's not a joke. You earn points and upgrades by causing "Chaos")

Disturbing, yet hilarious. The South East Asian setting is pretty unique too. I think there's only been two Anglos in the whole show so far.

verbose douchebag
    Loved Just Cause 2. Still have it installed for those moments when I want to wreak havoc for a few minutes / hours and push ever closer to 100% completion.

Koki - your problem is that you anchor yourself to the initial premise that you are right about a specific point NO MATTER WHAT (in this case that Fallout 3 is bad NO MATTER WHAT). Then you basically tell everyone that unless they can back up their arguments, their points are not valid. But how do you back up an argument against the point: FALLOUT 3 IS AWFUL NO MATTER WHAT AND IF YOU LIKE IT YOU ARE WEIRD.

You don't accept that your views are fallible and therefore all people end up doing is say "ah, what the fuck it's just Koki". Which is kind of sad, because sometimes when you do make a good point or have something to add (which does happen), I kind of feel dirty inside when I nod in agreement.

Page 51 of 523 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364146474849505152535455566166717681869196101151301 ... LastLast