TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 511 of 511 FirstFirst ... 11261411461466471476481486491496501506507508509510511
Results 12,751 to 12,757 of 12757

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Heh, I vaguely remember even liking the story in Diablo 2, although for the life of me I couldn't be able to say what it was now. Mafisto was somehow involved. I sure remember the clicking though.

I really enjoyed the plot of the first 2 games. Plot spoilers of Diablo 1 and 2:

First game (from memory, it's been over a decade since I last played it), was about the crystal (housed in the catacombs below the town of Tristram) used to keep Diablo contained breaking bit by bit. Chaos ensues. Tristram sends in villagers to try and contain it. Slaughter, but not complete town-wide slaughter of the villagers that went in. From memory, some corrupted person led the towns people down there, knowing they'd all be killed. Heroes summoned to defeat Diablo and contain the threat. One hero succeeds, and shoves the gem into his head to contain Diablo and leaves the town. Was a monk, Deckard Cain in town who was the last of his order, tasked with keeping Diablo contained below Tristram.

Diablo 2, has some person following the hero on his travels and the hero slowly succumbs to Diablo and in the end is completely consumed. Diablo released again. New heroes sent in. I can't recall the ending, but I do recall the final battle with Diablo. I'd gone Necromancer, so was a hard fight. I recall Diablo / the corrupted hero returning to Tristram and completely wiping the town off the map.

The expansion was about the war between heaven and hell. Corrupted angels, gone mad from the endless war.

Those are the bits that I remember. Been a very long time since I've last played the games.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    I really enjoyed the plot of the first 2 games. Plot spoilers of Diablo 1 and 2:

First game (from memory, it's been over a decade since I last played it), was about the crystal (housed in the catacombs below the town of Tristram) used to keep Diablo contained breaking bit by bit. Chaos ensues. Tristram sends in villagers to try and contain it. Slaughter, but not complete town-wide slaughter of the villagers that went in. From memory, some corrupted person led the towns people down there, knowing they'd all be killed. Heroes summoned to defeat Diablo and contain the threat. One hero succeeds, and shoves the gem into his head to contain Diablo and leaves the town. Was a monk, Deckard Cain in town who was the last of his order, tasked with keeping Diablo contained below Tristram.
    That's about 95% of the story of Diablo 1. The canonical hero to defeat Diablo and try to contain him was the Warrior.
    Diablo 2, has some person following the hero on his travels and the hero slowly succumbs to Diablo and in the end is completely consumed. Diablo released again. New heroes sent in. I can't recall the ending, but I do recall the final battle with Diablo. I'd gone Necromancer, so was a hard fight. I recall Diablo / the corrupted hero returning to Tristram and completely wiping the town off the map.
    The ending has the player smash the soul gems of Diablo and Mephisto, while the narrator mistakenly hands Baal's over to Baal (thinking it's Tyrael due to the light and the narrator's growing insanity).
    The expansion was about the war between heaven and hell. Corrupted angels, gone mad from the endless war.
    Lord of Destruction was about Baal laying siege to and eventually corrupting the World Stone, which serves as a protective barrier between the mortal, divine and infernal realms. This makes Tyrael decide to destroy the World Stone, to prevent the mortal realm from being completely taken over by the infernal realms (in the short term at least). It takes place entirely in the Barbarian homelands, since the keep which houses the World Stone is there.

The corrupted angel bit was mostly a side quest in Act 4 of the base game.

The bit of time I"ve had I've been working on MGS V.

Overall the sneaking gameplay is starting to get better despite the soviet checkpoints being ludicrously poorly guarded for a warzone and the play area feeling and looking nothing like the actual Afghanistan.

I just passed Mission 12 and...fuck is Quiet cringey. I get teasing but this is just crass.

You try taking her out with nothing but crate drops .

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    and the play area feeling and looking nothing like the actual Afghanistan.

This morning, after 2-3 dozen attempts, I finally beat Grimm in Hollow Knight. I don't think I'll beat, or even attempt to beat, the nightmare version. The regular versions of the bosses are tough enough for me, by and large. I'm now hoping to do some mopping up and end up with enough essence so that I can do that one particular secretish section that will allow me to fight the Radiance - the Godeater content will have to wait for a better, faster, more capable Thirith.

Page 511 of 511 FirstFirst ... 11261411461466471476481486491496501506507508509510511