TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Rose of Bantry help?

Rose of Bantry help?

I am having trouble in this mission I don't now how to open the door to the second floor of the temple or to get into the room across from the chapel with some hammers in it without getting caught and getting into the backroom of the chapel with out getting caught. I've tried creeping, they see me,I tried putting out the torches they get second by that and then they see me,mind you I am in the shadows and going around the side I just don't know what to do can you please help a taffer in need. On a side note how many missions are there that kind of force you into ghosting all or sometimes or is something that's not that common because most make the best choice of letting you chose how you wanna handle it?

Many missions leave the option of whether you want to ghost or not up to the player. There are a few that force ghosting, more often in the newer ones than the really old ones you seem to be playing now. I don't recall this mission well enough to answer your other questions at the moment but I'll go load up a save and see if I can help.

One other note though...please search for existing threads on missions and then post in them rather than starting a new thread. You might actually find your answers in the older threads so you won't have to wait for replies plus it makes it easier for future players to search for answers without having to open thread after thread after thread.... Thanks!

You might find some interesting reading in these threads about the mission:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...ht=Rose+Bantry

I've played a bit to refresh my memory. I can't get into the chapel without alerting the Hammers either. This is a pretty buggy mission as even gas arrows don't work on some of the AI. To get into the locked room on the second floor, go into the room next door and jump across from that balcony to the one next to it.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 5th Sep 2011 at 13:39.

I made sure to check all the other threads before I post this just in case one of them answered my question which was sufficient till this one.I can't even get to the second floor since the door is locked,unless I have to rope up to the rafters in the chapel but I have no clue how I am gonna do that since that 3 Hammers in that room with one being that you can't KO and its fairly well lit.If you even creep past the first row of pews to a point were you could shot,grab and climb up a rope to the rafters you are likely to be caught.

Its good to now not to many missions do forced ghosting though Shoalsgate wasn't that bad but unlike at least some of these early missions didn't have tile flooring abuse.It would be cool if possible to drop the normal difficulty and have the difficulties for a mission be hard,expert and ghost.Expert and ghost would be the same except in ghost you can't KO any NPC's that way it would cater to everyone but I don't know if that's hard since I couldn't do that to save my life.I'll try something to see if it works but if not then I guess its the waiting game again.

Second floor: In an alcove on the left hand side of the hallway that runs past the kitchen door, there's a door that leads to a staircase to the bell tower. Part way up the stairs there's a grate in the wall that you can open. Use a crate to get in and at the end of that passageway, you'll be above the chapel. You can rope arrow over to the far side, crawl through another grate and you'll be on the stairs to the second floor. I found it impossible to do this without being spotted by the Hammers below so I just had to be quick and try to avoid the attacks thrown by the priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrebo6 View Post
    I am having trouble in this mission I don't now how to open the door to the second floor of the temple or to get into the room across from the chapel with some hammers in it without getting caught and getting into the backroom of the chapel with out getting caught. I've tried creeping, they see me,I tried putting out the torches they get second by that and then they see me,mind you I am in the shadows and going around the side I just don't know what to do can you please help a taffer in need. On a side note how many missions are there that kind of force you into ghosting all or sometimes or is something that's not that common because most make the best choice of letting you chose how you wanna handle it?
    for those who wish to replay this fm.....
    i guess the above was playing on expert....i have just played this mission on hard and had no problem being forced to ghost anywhere...in fact i just walked past the hammer priest mentioned above....overall a great mission...highly recommended....even spent an hour on top of the 'rose of bantry's' mast ducking arrows from a couple of archers below and ended up with over 300 broadhead arrows to my name

as for getting up to the 2nd floor i just bashed the door in
    Last edited by fortuni; 26th Dec 2013 at 16:50.

There might be a problem with this FM in "new dark". I remember playing this mission when it was first released and enjoyed it with no problems. I tried playing it again sometime within the last few months and found it to be unplayable. I could be in complete darkness and the light bar would be lit up like I was in daylight. After reading your post I reloaded and tried again and found the same problem. Dodging into shadows was impossible. I don't know what the problem is but your not the only one who is perplexed.

The problems with some Hammers that can't be knocked out and the super-sensitive priest are not caused by NewDark, and most likely not by the difficulty level. I've written both of these problems down into my mission notes when I played the mission, which must have been around 2001. There was no NewDark then. And I usually start on easiest difficulty level, so it's not likely a problem on Expert only.