TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm-Cataclysmic Revelations-Nov.18th,2011-NewDark 1.19 upgrade May 2013

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    After reading every post, I must be the only stupid taffer here. I'm in the room with the telescope, with a scroll that says, "Garrett, When thou art ready, peereth through the telescope. It shall take thee high above the clouds."

I opened the ceiling, frobbed the scope, but nothing happened.

DarthsLair: You are devious. I see you've removed the Invisibility Potions from the gamesys of your last two missions. We can wait, taffer! Weeee can wait!
    You must have the 4 Read- maps before frobbing the telescope. It is a safety, otherwise the player would enter the Keeper Map room, and have no way of returning to earth. Actually, there were never any invisibility potions in this mission. It is a Thief Gold port. So was Tower of St.Moria.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 30th Nov 2011 at 09:08.

Inquisitor's table?

Not sure where it is. Is it in the room where there is a hole in the floor which leads you to a strange room with 4 statues? If so, I've read all the scrolls and carefully placed them on the wooden table above but nothing happens.
    Last edited by bobber; 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:43. Reason: typo

Well that's where it is so I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest except make sure they're not lying on top of each other and double-check you've opened them all.

I love it when people edit their posts for typos.

Thanks Nickie, Yep, make sure that the 7 scrolls are non-frobbable after you have placed them.
    Did you place all seven scrolls after reading them? After that: You will hear a chime, and receive a new objective, the Inquisitor will then come out to talk to you. Good luck bobber, and thanks for playing.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 2nd Dec 2011 at 16:47.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Is it in the room where there is a hole in the floor which leads you to a strange room with 4 statues?
    No, it is in the room below with the 4 statues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Note to self - read people's posts properly!

Hi darthsLair !

Thanks very much for this joyful mission.
    I found the end a bit confusing and the chnage in objectives even more.
    I was wondering why many optional objectives were cancelled and where I might have missed the 'Ultimate Secret'.
    Oh, well. Then I read your first post in this thread.

LOOTLIST completed

I found the missing loot that you mentioned.
    Could you add it and properly spoiler the lootlist as well ?
    Also I would have a correction to the lootlist.

Correction: Total loot
    Normal : 4375
    Hard+Expert : 4475

Reason: there is an AI with a purse in the cathedral, which does not exist on Normal
    A Purse (851) (gold: 100) {74.50,6.11,23.66}
    - Contained by: thirdfloorpatrol (972) [Expert;Hard] {73.75,6.35,23.66}

In the Lootlist, this is listed as:
    3.Third Floor Patroller-Brother Alphonzo---- Purse on belt: 100

And the last 100 loot that were missing:
    Netherworld, Cathedral
    a golden ring (100), in front of the tumbled down altar/giant hammer

Finished with 4475 on Expert
    Last edited by gnartsch; 3rd Dec 2011 at 08:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Thank you. I figured it out after a couple times that I had the wrong table.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Hi darthsLair !

Thanks very much for this joyful mission.
    I found the end a bit confusing and the chnage in objectives even more.
    I was wondering why many optional objectives were cancelled and where I might have missed the 'Ultimate Secret'.
    Oh, well. Then I read your first post in this thread.

LOOTLIST completed

I found the missing loot that you mentioned.
    Could you add it and properly spoiler the lootlist as well ?
    Also I would have a correction to the lootlist.

Correction: Total loot
    Normal : 4375
    Hard+Expert : 4475

Reason: there is an AI with a purse in the cathedral, which does not exist on Normal

In the Lootlist, this is listed as:
    3.Third Floor Patroller-Brother Alphonzo---- Purse on belt: 100

And the last 100 loot that were missing:
    Netherworld, Cathedral
    a golden ring (100), in front of the tumbled down altar/giant hammer

Finished with 4475 on Expert
    Wow ! Thankyou Gnartsch, you have keen eyesight, and thankyou very much for completing the list. All changes have been made to the list, and a credit for you added as well. You Rock !

@bobber, great, glad to see you are still playing. It is a large and confusing map at times.

Here is the complete loot list :http://www.mediafire.com/?27fnd6dye7iivbs
    Last edited by darthsLair; 3rd Dec 2011 at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Wow ! Thankyou Gnartsch, you have keen eyesight, and thankyou very much for completing the list. All changes have been made to the list, and a credit for you added as well. You Rock !

@bobber, great, glad to see you are still playing. It is a large and confusing map at times.

Here is the complete loot list :http://www.mediafire.com/?ciwt78t4dgau088
    No, no keen eyesight. But a trustworthy tool called 'The Tricksters Loot Locator'.
    But indeed, even with that it took me quite a while to spot the exact location of this tiny ring.
    (these tiny rings would not even fit Dewdrop!)

Unfortunately you made a mistake when correcting the Lootlist:
    The ring in the Cathedral exists on Beginner, Adept, Master
    It is Brother Alphonzo - and his purse (100g) - in the Cathedral, which exist on Adept&Master only.

Thanks again Gnartsch, Your keen eyes caught another elusive thing, my brain malfunction.

Okay, uploaded another edtion : Here is the final revised loot list:http://www.mediafire.com/?27fnd6dye7iivbs

Ok, the new version is APPROVED

Walkthrough is ready for download.

Could not D/L the loot list. It just says "Download starting..." and nothing ever happens. If someone could email it to me, I'll include it in the walkthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Walkthrough is ready for download.

Could not D/L the loot list. It just says "Download starting..." and nothing ever happens. If someone could email it to me, I'll include it in the walkthrough.
    Thanks for the wonderful Walkthrough Terry, and I sent you the loot list via email. Thanks again !

great mission,just dont like the combo puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    great mission,just dont like the combo puzzle
    Thanks downwinder, but what is the combo puzzle? I did'nt have any puzzles.

Thank you, this mission looks very nice. I cannot wait to play it. I have only one question: is there much acrobatic-like stuff? To be honest, I prefer solving puzzles to jumping. This note about "lean-forward" key made me nervious a bit. The story seems interesting, but too much equilibristics can spoil the fun. Please answer me as fast as you can. Best regards!

Keeper M.: Don't worry - you don't need to be Lara Croft in this mission. The "lean" keys are very handy for getting close to things and listening through doors; you can also drop something silently if you crouch and lean forward. It's well worth practising with them. In this case you may need to use "lean forward" to get close enough to pick something up.

Great looking FM, DarthsLair! Thanks for making it!

I've only skimmed this thread, but I'm not sure what to make of my situation:

On Expert, I've tried a GREAT many different ways/positions to place the 7 scrolls on the inquisitor's table, but they continue to be frobbable and nothing happens UNLESS I leave them on the table (still frobbable) and go down the ladder to the statues. When I do this, the mage comes out of the door AGAIN and shoots me, then "Garrett" appears and tells me AGAIN to put the scrolls on the table, and when I go back up, all the scrolls I'd put on the table are gone. The "find and read the scrolls" objective is checked off, and the only other objective I have left to do is to find the "Ultimate of Secrets". However, I looked at Ricebug's walkthrough, and it says that this objective can only be checked off through Dromed. Is this true, and if so, does that mean I cannot technically finish the mission?

I found the beginning highly enjoyable, but am somewhat confused at this point. Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or not doing right?

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    Great looking FM, DarthsLair! Thanks for making it!

I've only skimmed this thread, but I'm not sure what to make of my situation:

On Expert, I've tried a GREAT many different ways/positions to place the 7 scrolls on the inquisitor's table, but they continue to be frobbable and nothing happens UNLESS I leave them on the table (still frobbable) and go down the ladder to the statues. When I do this, the mage comes out of the door AGAIN and shoots me, then "Garrett" appears and tells me AGAIN to put the scrolls on the table, and when I go back up, all the scrolls I'd put on the table are gone. The "find and read the scrolls" objective is checked off, and the only other objective I have left to do is to find the "Ultimate of Secrets". However, I looked at Ricebug's walkthrough, and it says that this objective can only be checked off through Dromed. Is this true, and if so, does that mean I cannot technically finish the mission?

I found the beginning highly enjoyable, but am somewhat confused at this point. Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or not doing right?
    Okay bassmanret, Glad you are enjoying it ,and thankyou for your compliment. I think I know the solution according to your description.

1. You have the seven scrolls, and have they all been read ? If they have been, then go down into the portal. The Inquisitor will come out of his room and cast some thunderous hammers on you, and then, the Keeper will appear and ask you to place the 7 scrolls on the table. You are now in the right location, as the Inquisitors talbe is on your left when you are in the Inquisitorys realm. Between two mage statues.

According to your description, you are placing the scrolls on the small narrow like shelf above the portal opening. Descend into the portal opening in the floor, and allow the Inquisitor to Cast his hammers upon you. Then the Keeper will appear and ask you to place the 7 scrolls on the table. ( Between the two Mage Statues.)

The Ultimate Secret:After you have placed the seven scrolls on the table, The Inquisitor will return, and speak a little. You will then receive another goal. Find a familiar grave in the Hammerite Cemetery. Read the Skull at the base of the headstone, and the headstone as well. The Ultimate Goal: is Man has always wanted to conquer the riddle of life after death. Of course, this can only be achieved if you are dead, and now that you are dead you know the Secret of life after death. The goal is checked off inside the grave.

There is a spoiler of the story near the bottom of the 1st thread. It will explain your curiousities.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 19th Dec 2011 at 13:36.

HA! I was so close to doing it right! Thanks DarthsLair, I'm on the right track now! I think I'll be finishing up soon.

(sorry for a double-post, but I couldn't remember how to manually add spoilers)

As I thought, I was pretty much done, but I didn't actually "win" (Mission Incomplete) which is kind of a let down. I also tried leaving the Cathedral area instead of digging myself up, but that didn't work either. So, is there really no way to actually "win" with Mission Complete? Also, is there really no way to complete the "Ultimate of Secrets" objective without opening it with Dromed?

(if any of these were answered in prior pages, my apologies, as I only skimmed through them)

I had fun with it anyway, and it was very cool seeing and running around in the "restored" Cathedral, so regardless of any answers, thanks very much, DarthsLair!

Glad you enjoyed it bassmanret, just one question: Did you watch the .avi when the mission ended? If the video played then you actually succeeded in completing the mission, otherwise, the videos wont play on all machines.

Here is a new Walkthrough/Lootlist provided by Ricebug: .pdf --http://www.4shared.com/office/si0gmg8t/Cataclysmic.html

Here is a new Walkthrough/lootlist provided by Ricebug: .doc--http://www.4shared.com/office/41FTMOv6/Cataclysmic.html

Thankyou Terry, Excellent work !

Yes, I did see the video (meteor from space) at the end, but it was followed by a "Mission Incomplete" message, so I thought I might have done something wrong. It's good to know that I "succeeded" and didn't miss anything then! I suppose that answers the other question as well. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm stuck and need a bit of help. I am in the latter part of the story and cannot find the "rods", "staffs", or whatever they are supposed to be that open up the floor plates. Someone sugggested searching the netherworld crypts. Huh? There are no graves there, except for those that are locked. The devil area has no rods. I've been down there 4 times now. I thin k there is some translation problem here. What exactly does "search the crypts in the netherworld mean? Will someone please tell me exactly where these rods are? I have been almost everywhere scores about of times now. I have one yellow bomb done. And no staffs or rods. 99.999999% of the ghouls and nasties are out in a red poof of smoke. Thanks.

Bjack

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast