TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm-Cataclysmic Revelations-Nov.18th,2011-NewDark 1.19 upgrade May 2013

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I'm stuck and need a bit of help. I am in the latter part of the story and cannot find the "rods", "staffs", or whatever they are supposed to be that open up the floor plates. Someone sugggested searching the netherworld crypts. Huh? There are no graves there, except for those that are locked. The devil area has no rods. I've been down there 4 times now. I thin k there is some translation problem here. What exactly does "search the crypts in the netherworld mean? Will someone please tell me exactly where these rods are? I have been almost everywhere scores about of times now. I have one yellow bomb done. And no staffs or rods. 99.999999% of the ghouls and nasties are out in a red poof of smoke. Thanks.
    Bjack
    Okay,Look on your map and you will see where the Sarcophagus' of the 4 saints are located. in the netherworld they are not locked, and the doors are fully open. Look in Saint Vales(Library) and in Saint Tennors (above the foundry) The confusion here is that the four Shrines of the four Saints, only crypts in the land of the living because the bodies of the four Saints were laid to rest. The Shrines are St.Vale, St.Jenel, St.Tennor, St.Yora.

I would also suggest:Picking up the Scroll "A Vision of a Saint" located in St.Jenel crypt at the bottom of the vator shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Okay,Look on your map and you will see where the Sarcophagus' of the 4 saints are located. in the netherworld they are not locked, and the doors are fully open. Look in Saint Vales(Library) and in Saint Tennors (above the foundry) The confusion here is that the four Shrines of the four Saints, only crypts in the land of the living because the bodies of the four Saints were laid to rest. The Shrines are St.Vale, St.Jenel, St.Tennor, St.Yora.

I would also suggest:Picking up the Scroll "A Vision of a Saint" located in St.Jenel crypt at the bottom of the vator shaft.
    Thanks for the tips. I've completed it now. I was going in circles there for a while. Regards. DUH. I found lots of other stuff in those crypts, so of course why not the rest? ACK... Still the whole netherworld thing threw me off. I thought that is only when I am in the blue star areas. I was looking for graves in the spooky star areas

bjack
    Last edited by bjack; 20th Dec 2011 at 22:51.

Lovely mission!
    I fiend for FM's that give that dark vibe like Thief Gold did and this one did greatly.
    The lighting was done nicely as well as the story line.

Only problem I ran into is the author typo on the "Sound Myst" ambiance because I'm the author of that song. Lol

I was actually surprised I heard that because I hadn't heard that piece in ages, but I opened the door of St. Tennors and instant nostalgia.

Other than that lovely job!

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty-Man View Post
    Lovely mission!
    I fiend for FM's that give that dark vibe like Thief Gold did and this one did greatly.
    The lighting was done nicely as well as the story line.

Only problem I ran into is the author typo on the "Sound Myst" ambiance because I'm the author of that song. Lol

I was actually surprised I heard that because I hadn't heard that piece in ages, but I opened the door of St. Tennors and instant nostalgia.

Other than that lovely job!
    Thankyou Beauty Man, and I would like to thankyou again for creating such wonderful nocturnal ambient music. Actually, there is no author listed for Sound Myst as it is my formatting. But I am adding your name to it now. You will find it in the credits in the first thread.
    I am working on another Hammerite Mission with a co-author, and we will gladly use your work again. This time, I plan on having a credits.avi, so your name will be up in lights as it should be.
    "Howling Dark Lurkers" is used in the Haunted Cathedral of the Netherworld ."Departing Soul's" is also used in the "Devil's Pit" . "The Frozen Wind" is also used in the mission. "The Sun is Trading Places" is used as you said in St.Tennor's, please check the credits posted in the readme, first part of this thread. I gave you credit for this song. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Some of the most beautiful music I have heard for subtle ambients.

Here is Beauty-Man's thread on his music :http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130428 You can grab the album. Right click the folder once you have opened the .rar file, and add it to your Window Media Playlist. For dromeders, this is beautiful inspiring music to work by.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 26th Dec 2011 at 14:15.

My apologies I actually hadn't gone as far as to see my name written in the beginning of the thread, but no worries I just thought it may have been a mistake and either way I'm glad to be of serivce

Any who - you're certainly welcome and thank you kindly. I'm glad the music fits; I'm surprised even the names of the pieces correlate with the theme of the FM. Lol

I have one more large ambient work I'll be contributing sometime soon. More work of darkness, lightness, ethereal, etc. If there's ever something specifically needed just PM me!

Updated version-12/27/2011

Thankyou Beauty-Man, I may be contacting you soon then, as we were planning a release close to the end of Jan 2012.

Updated version with the Intro Video: 12/27/2011
    It needed a ReadMe update.
    This is to add a missing SFX effect. Somehow it was lost, but now it is saved.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TBDE7INJ

Updated version without intro movie-Will save you 50 mb in downloading.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=736CQLCH
    Last edited by darthsLair; 28th Dec 2011 at 00:38.

The mission was very interesting!
    Just a few time ago, I remembered "good" Old Cathedral, with all skeletons, zombies and certainly, Brother Murus! ,and got a feeling of nostalgia. And, there was a good chance to return to the place with your FM. Thank you so much!

Also, the idea with Garrett's redemption was very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by aithena View Post
    The mission was very interesting!
    Just a few time ago, I remembered "good" Old Cathedral, with all skeletons, zombies and certainly, Brother Murus! ,and got a feeling of nostalgia. And, there was a good chance to return to the place with your FM. Thank you so much!

Also, the idea with Garrett's redemption was very impressive.
    Thankyou aithena, glad you enjoyed it !

darthsLair,
    Thanks for this fantastic mission.
    Especially liked the staff I got after the lightning stroke. My heart stopped, and I nearly got my pants wet.

Thankyou karstenpontoppi, glad you are enjoying it. I placed around a half dozen lightning bolts in the mission. I know what you mean, it can startle one. It kept me on my toes a couple times when beta testing first started on it.

So I can't seem to take a screen shot, but let's just say that all my hammerites are now asleep in the
    spoiler:
    winter tunnels
    , safe from any impending doom. I was going to make a joke about them all failing their impending doom drill and having Garret to thank for saving their sorry butts... I was going for a bonus objective

Edit: Ok now that I've finished the mission, I now see that I merely placed the hammerites
    spoiler:
    where they were planning to die
    hehe. Great mission, will have to play it again!
    Last edited by celeste; 6th Jan 2012 at 12:41.

Have almost all bomb ingredients but can't find holy water in St. Jenel's. Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by JacekA View Post
    Have almost all bomb ingredients but can't find holy water in St. Jenel's. Where is it?
    There is no holy water in St.Jenel's, only The other three Shrine Crypts.

My fault, already found and completed.
    I was missing the one from Tennor's, either there were 2 in one sarcophagus or I somehow missed it.

Great mission anyway, keep working darthsLair!

Very cool mission so far - some really nice touches! I'm a bit stuck though at this one point in the Netherworld.

I've got six of the seven virtues but am missing one, which is 'fortitude', and I'm pretty sure it's in Brother Renault's grave. But I can't get into the grave! Any clues on how to open it? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? I haven't been able to make the third frag bomb along of how I forgot to collect some ashes in the real world, otherwise I'd explode it.

Oh. I solved it almost straight away, and finished the mission, although I didn't manage to complete about four of the optional objectives. Buy hey! Very good ending

Thankyou Mildmay, glad you liked it.

Gerhard Eichberger

I'm running in circles here.

I'm in the netherworld. However I could not take the ashes in the other world. They highlighted, but I could'nt take them although I have all three phosphoruses.

How can I return to the other wolrd?

I have seen two bats, but they are very high and I cannot reach them. Do I have to do something with them?

Also, I'm missing the key to the graveyard in the netherworld. I've read that it has to do something in the room in St. Jenels. There I see a bat and some other thing high in the air, but I can't reach it.

In the netherworld, is there in the cathedral a need to go upstairs to the portion of the middle-high hallway that is beyond the hole of the elevator? As I couldn't jump to that area from the rest of the hallway (I always fell down), I used a rope arrow. But in the referred section I only found a haunt standing so that I had to fight him - this is very hard (mostly I was killed) and always took me most of my hitpoints. However I didn't find anything there. So did I miss something there?

And is there an ability to kill the ghost in the cellar of the cathedral in the Netherworld? When I tried that I always was killed.

Gerhard

Someone post mirror link to the revised edition please because megaupload is down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    Someone post mirror link to the revised edition please because megaupload is down.
    I am working on it. Rapid share at best for now. I uploaded a revised package to Thiefmissions.com in December of 2011, but I have not heard anything since. dont know if any other host caught it before Megaupload was shut down.

I will post a link here if I am sucessful.

edit: here is a link from Rapid Share, with intro video:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1319945..._rev_Final.zip
    edit: here is a link from Rapid Share, but without the introvideo:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/7118055...ev_NoIntro.zip

The revised edition with the intro video was too large for Rapid Share.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 24th Mar 2012 at 11:06.

@Deathslair
    Thank you for the links.

Catching up from my last burnout -

Really enjoying this epic mission: so much to explore & do!

Can't figure out how to get the 2nd scroll (Brother Murus's grave). I have the other 6 & am otherwise ready to leave the Netherworld. I've frobbed all over the grave area, the shovel doesn't interact with anything & the pick disappeared when I frobbed it - didn't go into inventory. Also can't think of a way to light the candle (or say a prayer ) All I can do is read the headstone.

A bug, or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Really enjoying this epic mission: so much to explore & do!

Can't figure out how to get the 2nd scroll (Brother Murus's grave). I have the other 6 & am otherwise ready to leave the Netherworld. I've frobbed all over the grave area, the shovel doesn't interact with anything & the pick disappeared when I frobbed it - didn't go into inventory. Also can't think of a way to light the candle (or say a prayer ) All I can do is read the headstone.

A bug, or am I missing something?
    Hi Sticky Fingers : you will have to:Use your sword on Murus Gravej Cap. His candle does not light. It only represent the last visit Garrett had made in the beginning of the dark project.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Hi Sticky Fingers : you will have to:Use your sword on Murus Gravej Cap. His candle does not light. It only represent the last visit Garrett had made in the beginning of the dark project.
    Sorry for the delay in answering (minor health issue).

Never thought of attacking the grave. Opened it with the staff of St Jenel (that thing's even better than Constantine's Sword!) Thanx.

Big, big mission & quite a blast Particularly good story & your use / manipulation of scripts & effects. Was it my imagination, or did that storm get progressively stronger (appropriately) with the achieving of certain objectives? If so, really well done! (And those very bright flashes were so very realistic).

My only issue was finding some of the clues a bit vague. I still don't follow how "dark room"..."opened with knowledge"..."blue light" could possibly suggest using that staff next to St Yora's tomb.

I've always thoroughly enjoyed your missions, darthsLair, & this is probably my new favourite of them

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Sorry for the delay in answering (minor health issue).

Never thought of attacking the grave. Opened it with the staff of St Jenel (that thing's even better than Constantine's Sword!) Thanx.

Big, big mission & quite a blast Particularly good story & your use / manipulation of scripts & effects. Was it my imagination, or did that storm get progressively stronger (appropriately) with the achieving of certain objectives? If so, really well done! (And those very bright flashes were so very realistic).

My only issue was finding some of the clues a bit vague. I still don't follow how "dark room"..."opened with knowledge"..."blue light" could possibly suggest using that staff next to St Yora's tomb.

I've always thoroughly enjoyed your missions, darthsLair, & this is probably my new favourite of them
    Thanks for Playing Sticky Fingers, glad you enjoyed it. It is:More thoroughly understandable as far as the color codes used if you play it a few times. See the map with color coding. Some of the colors used have esoteric meanings according to legend. The weather:Changes from place to place, sort of a trick with ambients, and of course a matter of perception according to the degree of immersiveness.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 16th Apr 2012 at 12:01.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast