TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 241

Thread: T2 fm-Cataclysmic Revelations-Nov.18th,2011-NewDark 1.19 upgrade May 2013

  1. #176
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks

    New Revision coming soon !

    Bump !

    Even though my eyes are shot, I have invested in a special screen to allow me to continue work slowly. I am currently revising Cataclysmic Revelations in NewDark, as the old version 1.18 was maxed out on obj ids, and so having added over a 1000 objects, including more challenging gameplay, it should see beta testing in a week.

    The NewDark Patch saves the day. Being a Dromed addict, I just couldn't quit.

  2. #177
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    Wonderful news!

  3. #178
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Great news !

    Oh... since you are planning an update anyway... could you have a look at SERMON.str, please ?
    page_1: "We taketh first the example of Brother Renault, his study in virtue and his ultimate demise, since he was buried without a prayer by his brethren. This example shouldst instruct us well, not unlike the similar example of Brother Martello.
    "
    Guard thy heart from doubt as thou gardest thy tools from corrosion, for thy faith and thy tools are the best that thou hast."
    The last phrase on the second page is not displayed.
    Just some nit-picking on a otherwise perfect mission

  4. #179
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Great news !

    Oh... since you are planning an update anyway... could you have a look at SERMON.str, please ?

    The last phrase on the second page is not displayed.
    Thankyou gnartsch, I surely will. Thanks for catching that !

  5. #180
    Thiefmissions.com
    Moderator

    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Houston, Tx., USA
    I wonder what special screen you got? Did you take my advice and just get a larger one, or did you get some special product for the visually impaired? I'm curious because I have visually impaired users who might benefit from a special product if something like that exists.

  6. #181
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    I wonder what special screen you got? Did you take my advice and just get a larger one, or did you get some special product for the visually impaired? I'm curious because I have visually impaired users who might benefit from a special product if something like that exists.
    Hi, yes, but it is a common 50 inch plazma screen, with just a few special features. I checked into some screens for the visually impaired, but they were too spendy for me.

    Here is what I use: I use this for everything>Movies, Internet, and for Thief.
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...31-110466345-2

    Prior to this, I relied on a 24 inch folding magnifying glass and was using a 17 lcd flat screen. I finished 3 fms using this method, then the glaucoma worsened, along with degenerative myopia. The 50 inch 1080dp plazma screen allows me to see fine lines now, and when I type emails or even here, I can use standard size fonts.

    This what I was going to get until I talked to someone, and they talked me out of it:

    http://www.magnisight.com/index.html
    http://www.magnisight.com/journey.html
    Last edited by darthsLair; 3rd Apr 2013 at 17:15.

  7. #182
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Man, I really wanna play this, but GarretLoader can't run it, I just get the OMs. Do I HAVE to set up Darkloader, or is there a workaround?

  8. #183
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanuckle View Post
    Man, I really wanna play this, but GarretLoader can't run it, I just get the OMs. Do I HAVE to set up Darkloader, or is there a workaround?
    I am revising this using New Dark currently, and it should see beta soon. I would suggest darkloader v4.3, because as I recall there were more than 6000 files in the zip. During this revision, I plan on reducing the number of files, so Garrettloader can run it.

  9. #184
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    I am revising this using New Dark currently, and it should see beta soon. I would suggest darkloader v4.3, because as I recall there were more than 6000 files in the zip. During this revision, I plan on reducing the number of files, so Garrettloader can run it.
    6000 files.

    Goddamn.

    Now I really wanna play it.

  10. #185
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks

    NewDark Version 1.19

    Here is the NewDark Version 1.19: Using the old 1.18 limited obj space, so using the NewDark enabled over a thousand new objects, and a new area as well. Should be more of a challenge now on all difficulty levels. Someone had mentioned that the old version seemed empty, and it was meant to be to make the player feel the story, but now, with this new version, it will play as a regular feel with alot more to explore. Hopefully the player will still feel the story without being diverted so much.

    NewDark v1.19 May 22,2013 http://www.thiefmissions.com/m/CataclysmicRevelations Thankyou Jason!
    Last edited by darthsLair; 23rd May 2013 at 01:44.

  11. #186
    Member
    Registered: Sep 1999
    Location: Texas, hhhwweeee hawww
    Very cool, thanks for going back and updating it for more exploration and challenges! Quick question, did you get into any texture replacing?

  12. #187
    Master Builder 2018
    Registered: Jul 2008
    That's great news, Rod! Thanks!

  13. #188
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    Thanks for the update!

  14. #189
    d. 2014
    Registered: Oct 2011
    Location: lancashire north of england
    were is the staff of st jennals,playing on easy

  15. #190
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    were is the staff of st jennals,playing on easy

    That isIn the pit with the beast, but if you are looking for the other staffs, one is in St.Tennor's,(use it at St.Jennel's) the other is in St.Vales. Look in the Crypts.

  16. #191
    d. 2014
    Registered: Oct 2011
    Location: lancashire north of england
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    were is the staff of st jennals,playing on easy
    its ok found it

  17. #192
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanuckle View Post
    6000 files.

    Goddamn.

    Now I really wanna play it.
    Playing the updated version, and everything seemed ok until after emerging into the netherworld. CAN there be ANY more haunts????!!! Some of them don't even patrol or even turn around to give them a backstab, and even if you do they don't go down on the first hit. I picked up some nether water arrows, but they aren't affected by them. Do you just have to ghost around them or is there a sure fire way to dispose of them or at least some of them? Playing on Adept.

  18. #193
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    They All patrol when it's their time. They can all be backstabbed. Create your Holy Frag Bombs, just beware of their power. Save your Nether Water Arrows to douse torches, then you can either move around them or take them out as needed. The beta testers claimed that once they found the staff of St.Jenel, that taking out all of the haunts was too easy. Hard with the sword but easy with the staff.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 26th May 2013 at 10:37.

  19. #194
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    They All patrol when it's their time. They can all be backstabbed. Create your Holy Frag Bombs, just beware of their power. Save your Nether Water Arrows to douse torches, then you can either move around them or take them out as needed. The beta testers claimed that once they found the staff of St.Jenel, that taking out all of the haunts was too easy. Hard with the sword but easy with the staff.
    I tried. I managed to acquire two of the staffs but making my way to St. Yora's the haunts had LANTERNS so dousing the torches had minimal effect! The two in the library were acutely sensitive to my presence (oh, did I mention there are zombies around too that interfere with sneaking past?) and I had to run past them to get the scroll and piece of loot that was on a table. I was trying to make my way to the pit to get that staff of St. Jenel so I could make it through the game more easily, but even using the blood potions I found I still got whacked. I might just have to restart the game on the easy setting to see if I can do better. I had played and completed the original version before the upgrade and don't remember it being so difficult. I also happy to read that your eye problem has been somewhat alleviated and hope you can turn out more of these great FM's!

  20. #195
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by lundy999 View Post
    I tried. I managed to acquire two of the staffs but making my way to St. Yora's the haunts had LANTERNS so dousing the torches had minimal effect! The two in the library were acutely sensitive to my presence (oh, did I mention there are zombies around too that interfere with sneaking past?) and I had to run past them to get the scroll and piece of loot that was on a table. I was trying to make my way to the pit to get that staff of St. Jenel so I could make it through the game more easily, but even using the blood potions I found I still got whacked. I might just have to restart the game on the easy setting to see if I can do better. I had played and completed the original version before the upgrade and don't remember it being so difficult. I also happy to read that your eye problem has been somewhat alleviated and hope you can turn out more of these great FM's!

    Thankyou Lundy, Sorry you are having some issues. Perhaps I made it too difficult, and maybe I should revise it again. I know how frustrating it can be. What I and the beta testers did was put out all of the torches in the courtyard, then whack the bowman first. Then take out the lantern haunt just under the torch near the door of St.Yora's. (Now you can make your way to the old Explosives room on the 3rd floor to complete your menu on the Frag bombs. This one is a reserve patrollist for the pond haunt. For St.Yora's wait at the bottom of the steps, and take out 3 of the stair patrolling haunts, then you can make your way into the office on the main floor. Whack all the rest that come thru.

    I may have to revise it again to balance the difficulty. I know I didn't place enough powerups for the Netherworld.

  21. #196
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Thankyou Lundy, Sorry you are having some issues. Perhaps I made it too difficult, and maybe I should revise it again. I know how frustrating it can be. What I and the beta testers did was put out all of the torches in the courtyard, then whack the bowman first. Then take out the lantern haunt just under the torch near the door of St.Yora's. (Now you can make your way to the old Explosives room on the 3rd floor to complete your menu on the Frag bombs. This one is a reserve patrollist for the pond haunt. For St.Yora's wait at the bottom of the steps, and take out 3 of the stair patrolling haunts, then you can make your way into the office on the main floor. Whack all the rest that come thru.

    I may have to revise it again to balance the difficulty. I know I didn't place enough powerups for the Netherworld.
    That sounds like a good plan. I also noticed that even with an overhead whack from behind with Constantine's sword, sometimes they wouldn't go up in a puff of red smoke, and then I really had to have a hand to hand sword fight with them. Usually if they had an overhead hit from behind and didn't die, it wouldn't take too much to finish them off but it seemed some stabs wouldn't register at all (even though I thought they should have, some sweet spot I missed?) and then I would die real quick. I liked the change to the Mission Failed skeleton with Garrett's mechanical eye popping out. I saw it enough!!!

  22. #197
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks

    Updated version to fix difficulty on Hard Expert

    Quote Originally Posted by lundy999 View Post
    That sounds like a good plan. I also noticed that even with an overhead whack from behind with Constantine's sword, sometimes they wouldn't go up in a puff of red smoke, and then I really had to have a hand to hand sword fight with them. Usually if they had an overhead hit from behind and didn't die, it wouldn't take too much to finish them off but it seemed some stabs wouldn't register at all (even though I thought they should have, some sweet spot I missed?) and then I would die real quick. I liked the change to the Mission Failed skeleton with Garrett's mechanical eye popping out. I saw it enough!!!
    Revised edition V.1.3 http://thiefmissions.com/m/CataclysmicRevelations
    Last edited by darthsLair; 29th May 2013 at 03:05.

  23. #198
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Great! What revisions have you made to this one?

  24. #199
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by lundy999 View Post
    Great! What revisions have you made to this one?
    Hi Lundy, you should find the new version much better overall. Adept and Master are less difficult.
    1.Some powerups Use your water arrows to put out lanterns as needed.
    2.Lower hitpoints on ai
    3.more secrets
    4.a new area for player.

    I think you will more enjoy this version. Thanks for playing.


    http://thiefmissions.com/m/CataclysmicRevelations
    Last edited by darthsLair; 29th May 2013 at 03:05.

  25. #200
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Hi Lundy, you should find the new version much better overall. Adept and Master are less difficult.
    1.Some powerups Use your water arrows to put out lanterns as needed.
    2.Lower hitpoints on ai
    3.more secrets
    4.a new area for player.

    I think you will more enjoy this version. Thanks for playing.


    http://thiefmissions.com/m/CataclysmicRevelations
    THANK YOU, Darthslair! I prefer a gaming experience where I don't have to be constant battle with aggressive AI's, especially if in search of secrets. Any clues as to where the secrets/new area are hidden?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •