TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm-Cataclysmic Revelations-Nov.18th,2011-NewDark 1.19 upgrade May 2013

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lundy999 View Post
    THANK YOU, Darthslair! I prefer a gaming experience where I don't have to be constant battle with aggressive AI's, especially if in search of secrets. Any clues as to where the secrets/new area are hidden?
    Secret Spoilers Do not read before playing.
    1.Real World, look in the Well area.
    2.Real World, look in the Cathedral,Chandelier
    3.Netherworld, look in the Well area
    4.Netherworld look in the Kitchen, look up
    5.Netherworld look n St.Jenel's observatory storage
    6.Netherworld look above the courtyard.
    7.Netherworld library

Also,Alot more loot is scattered in version 1.3

Edit: The secrets are for version 1.3 only, the very last edition.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 2nd Jun 2013 at 11:05.

Mission Crash

I love this mission and appreciate the author's generous work. I'm using Darkloader v3.4 but my mission crashes when entering the netherworld. Obviously a conflict in my T2 folder so any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    I love this mission and appreciate the author's generous work. I'm using Darkloader v3.4 but my mission crashes when entering the netherworld. Obviously a conflict in my T2 folder so any suggestions?
    The only thing I could suggest is to install fm-selector, as this fm has well over 6,000 files in it. Sorry for your crash.

Thank you ...

Thanks so much darthsLair, this absolutely did the trick and I'm happy again immersed in this great mission!

I'm playing the New Dark version on Expert, and I'm a couple of hundred short of the loot objective target.

When you say "Netherworld look above the courtyard", where is the courtyard? If it is the area with the wind chime in the dead tree, I have climbed onto the roof above the walkway using crates, but found nothing. Also please be more specific about where to look in the netherworld library. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I'm playing the New Dark version on Expert, and I'm a couple of hundred short of the loot objective target.

When you say "Netherworld look above the courtyard", where is the courtyard? If it is the area with the wind chime in the dead tree, I have climbed onto the roof above the walkway using crates, but found nothing. Also please be more specific about where to look in the netherworld library. Thanks.
    Yes,the courtyard is between the Cathedral and St.Yora's. If you are playing the latest version 1.3 there is a ladder to take you up there nearest St.Yora's Should be 100 loot up there. Look in the corners carefully. If you are playing an older version it doesn't exist. The gem in the fire in the kitchen(Netherworld) and above in the beams.
    Look under the stairs in the observatory storage in the netherworld and real world.

In the Netherworld Library v1.3 only, look above on the window sill just as you enter thru the double doors for that secret. In version 1.3 loot is everywhere ,and not too concealed.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 2nd Jun 2013 at 09:40.

Thanks. I am playing Revision-Final v1.2 -05/21/2013, and those locations did not have any loot. I ended up with 9,913. I enjoyed the mission, but the loot is hard to find and the undead are difficult to dispose of, at least until you find the Staff of St Jesmen (if that's what it's called).

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Thanks. I am playing Revision-Final v1.2 -05/21/2013, and those locations did not have any loot. I ended up with 9,913. I enjoyed the mission, but the loot is hard to find and the undead are difficult to dispose of, at least until you find the Staff of St Jesmen (if that's what it's called).
    Thanks for playing Marbrien, yes, that version was too difficult, and is the reason for version 1.3. No more revisions will be made on this fm. The Staff of St.Jenel ?

Its good to have you back Rod, is everything alright with you?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Its good to have you back Rod, is everything alright with you?
    Hi Pedro, my eyes are on and off. I cannot see any detail, but can still make out words. Thanks for asking my friend!

I wish you all the best Dartslair!!! and I must say, this mission is almost impossible to play on Expert! But it makes one creative

A big hug from me to you!
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Thankyou Gloria, you are very sweet!

darthsLair,

Thanks for this updated version.
    Just finished on Expert v1.2. A good 3 and a half hours savegame.
    Difficult, but intertaining.

New revision!

Update to V1.4 NewDark V1.21-Nov.23rd,2013

Here is my NewDark V1.21, from the old V1.19
    http://www.southquarter.com/download..._FinalV1.4.zip Thanks SouthQuarter!

Also, a video Walkthrough/Playthrough consisting of 13 parts:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-4A...ZjY4LDA/videos
    Last edited by darthsLair; 24th Nov 2013 at 22:12.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Here is my NewDark V1.21, from the old V1.19

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_k...it?usp=sharing

Also, a video Walkthrough/Playthrough consisting of 13 parts:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-4A...ZjY4LDA/videos
    Did you do any new additions or changes aside from updating to NewDark 1.21? Thank you for a brief update.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Did you do any new additions or changes aside from updating to NewDark 1.21? Thank you for a brief update.
    It will need an updated loot list. The difficulty levels were adjusted in the last revision. For the weak hearted,I suggest Easy difficulty.

It will need an updated loot list. The difficulty levels were adjusted in the last revision. For the weak hearted,I suggest Easy difficulty.
    Ok, I thought that were changes made already in version 1.3 which I played. I just wanted to check if there were other interesting changes to version 1.3 because missions tend to get updated so often since the release of New Dark, that I do wish to play only those updates that are really significant because of time constraints...

I am the same way too,thanks for your interest.

Here is the update to NewDark V1.21 thanks to SouthQuarter: http://www.southquarter.com/download..._FinalV1.4.zip

Netherworld Water Arrows problem.

Every time I pick up some water arrows (in Netherworld) they work fine. The problem appears when I change weapon and switch back to water arrows - they're gone! The same with saving - after I store the game just having the water arrows grabbed, when I reload Garret (it's skeleton counterpart actually ) seems to have never had them at all. Quite challenging without those arrows - still I'd like to continue the game the regular way
    I'm new to the forum so I might be posting it in a wrong place anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by npz View Post
    Every time I pick up some water arrows (in Netherworld) they work fine. The problem appears when I change weapon and switch back to water arrows - they're gone! The same with saving - after I store the game just having the water arrows grabbed, when I reload Garret (it's skeleton counterpart actually ) seems to have never had them at all. Quite challenging without those arrows - still I'd like to continue the game the regular way
    I'm new to the forum so I might be posting it in a wrong place anyway...
    In the Netherworld, you must cycle for the weapons, and water arrows. If you have your mouse scroll set up, this is the easiest way to find them again. The engine only allows the default weapons and such to be assigned one time to the hot keys.

In the Netherworld, you must cycle for the weapons, and water arrows. If you have your mouse scroll set up, this is the easiest way to find them again. The engine only allows the default weapons and such to be assigned one time to the hot keys.
    As simple as that...Cheers, fellow taffer Works fine now!

Best I've ever played!

I and my wife have been Thief fans since the very beginning with The Dark Project. We have been playing fan missions in the decade and a half since then. We have played almost all of the great fan missions by too many great authors to even attempt to name. Many of those fan missions were just as good as anything Looking Glass produced. The dedication of these true fans of these marvelous games has always astonished me, and I/we have been deeply grateful for their efforts.

Imagine our amazement that now, so long after the original games came out, the game can still feel fresh and original.
    I think this mission may well be the finest I/we have ever played. The depth of its conception, the difficulty (high, but finely balanced), the interest in accomplishing the objectives, the brilliance in using a classic setting from the past in a new way, the new behavior of the denizens of the world, everything...absolutely topnotch!

We are ten-and-a-half hours into the mission (we like to take our time), still missing three scrolls, but we are in no hurry to finish it. It's the most fun we've had in a Thief mission in several years.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by tone_lord View Post
    I and my wife have been Thief fans since the very beginning with The Dark Project. We have been playing fan missions in the decade and a half since then. We have played almost all of the great fan missions by too many great authors to even attempt to name. Many of those fan missions were just as good as anything Looking Glass produced. The dedication of these true fans of these marvelous games has always astonished me, and I/we have been deeply grateful for their efforts.

Imagine our amazement that now, so long after the original games came out, the game can still feel fresh and original.
    I think this mission may well be the finest I/we have ever played. The depth of its conception, the difficulty (high, but finely balanced), the interest in accomplishing the objectives, the brilliance in using a classic setting from the past in a new way, the new behavior of the denizens of the world, everything...absolutely topnotch!

We are ten-and-a-half hours into the mission (we like to take our time), still missing three scrolls, but we are in no hurry to finish it. It's the most fun we've had in a Thief mission in several years.

Congratulations!
    Thankyou for you kind words, and I am happy that you are enjoying it. I am working on it's sequel:"Cataclysmic Revelation II "The Mission" Should be released in the early spring.

Finished!

OK. After 12+ hours (Did I mention that we like to take our time? We are uber patient), we finished the mission. We played on Master. I doubt we did anything the efficient way. (I should explain that I run the controls and my wife watches and says, "Wait! You didn't look there!" It works for us.) We did things the tried and true ways that we have always used. They work, but there were some faster game play possibilities that did not occur to us until we read the spoilers above, which we didn't do until after we finished. We worked harder in this mission than in nearly any other we could remember. Hyper-vigilant AI with lanterns! That's absolutely diabolical. Never used the frag bombs except experimentally, only to reload afterwards. One neat thing is that this is one of the few missions where I have found that noise arrows actually played a useful role, even critical in a couple of instances.

5 of 7 secrets. (Then checked the spoilers for the last two. "I TOLD you to look there!" My wife said.)
    Left about 1300 loot.
    Got all of the optional objectives except killing the Beast.

I loved the ending!

Looking forward to the sequel.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast