TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819

Thread: UPDATED T2 FM: Finals at the Academy - v2.0 May 6 2012

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    and so many items had no use? i know use for gold ribbon and bell and garrett quill,and some had uses for making things in cauldron ,but seems a lot of item were for no use?
    the gold ribbon is shiny, which some might find interesting. one of the books you can read (that garrett takes notes on) talks about who might like shiny things.

the bell is for ascending the steps via the "wisdom" path.

the garrett quill is for ascending the steps via the "scholar" path.

vfig you read my post wrong ,those items you listed i know what they did but all the massive loads of other items had no clues,but thank you

please read my post again and see i wondered about spanner and how many spells can be made in pot,i did 3

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    vfig you read my post wrong ,those items you listed i know what they did but all the massive loads of other items had no clues,but thank you
    oh whoops, so i did.

in the readme, LarryG said he put lots of items in partly so you couldnt easily brute-force the spells instead of solving the riddles, but also partly because he liked having the things there. its not the usual thief design philosophy, but its an interesting change

i also wanted to say that goldfish in one of the rooms was so amazing,the way it moves ,i hope someone else can use it in other fan missions

dml courtesy Jax

Fixes

- Block frob (4 items that have a glyph nearby to move them)
    - Pocket count

Code:
    DML1

//T2 FM: Finals at the Academy by LarryG / Fixes: miss22.mis.dml

//pickpockets
    -Link 3149 3100 "ControlDevice"

//block frob
    +ObjProp 2848 "BlockFrob"
    {
        "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 2877 "BlockFrob"
    {
        "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 2875 "BlockFrob"
    {
        "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 2747 "BlockFrob"
    {
        "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 1986 "BlockFrob"
    {
        "" true
    }
    This mission also displays TG menu to change to T2 menu you need to change the NEWGAMER.BIN in the intrface directory

Code:
    // string file for anims.
    // Format is list of anims
    // then x,y fps (r|l)
    // where 'r' means reverse, and 'l' means loop normally
    list: "mainx ymainb zmainc main"
    mainx: "17,89 12.1 r"
    ymainb: "60,151 15.3 r"
    zmainc: "491,174 11.0 l"
    main: "172,26 8.0 l"

Well, so NOW I'm in trouble???
    I betatested this great mission, even got my precious mug from Larry for doing so (still in use) and now, after 13 years my mind gets f*ck*d up??! Really?

My problem: I see the glyphs on the wall in the attic, know the numbers from 1 to 9, thought I just needed the 8 ones shown on the map in de order of the numbers (clockwise) but nothing happens. I have a gap in my mind how I did it in the past. Please spoil me the order of the numbers and if I need 8 of 9 numbers.

I feel so stupid know, I just don't get it, perhaps playing too fast, because I replayed this once in 1 or 2 years time, so it's kind of growing on me as are many other great FM's out there.

Thanks in advance
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I see the glyphs on the wall in the attic, know the numbers from 1 to 9, thought I just needed the 8 ones shown on the map in de order of the numbers (clockwise) but nothing happens. I have a gap in my mind how I did it in the past. Please spoil me the order of the numbers and if I need 8 of 9 numbers.
    My notes say something different. The code consists not of 8 numbers, but of five glyphs on the wall in the attic. One of the librarians should have a note saying something like: "Necromancer Ohlm gave the archer and seven sailors to the undead." The words written in italics here (Necromancer, archer, seven, sailors, undead) have to be "translated" to the appropriate glyphs. A diagram hanging in one of the classrooms connects the glyphs to hours of the day. Right-clicking on this diagram should result in Garrett writing it down into his notebook (on the map pages). If you translate these glyphs to numbers, the result should be "85764".

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    My notes say something different. The code consists not of 8 numbers, but of five glyphs on the wall in the attic. One of the librarians should have a note saying something like: "Necromancer Ohlm gave the archer and seven sailors to the undead." The words written in italics here (Necromancer, archer, seven, sailors, undead) have to be "translated" to the appropriate glyphs. A diagram hanging in one of the classrooms connects the glyphs to hours of the day. Right-clicking on this diagram should result in Garrett writing it down into his notebook (on the map pages). If you translate these glyphs to numbers, the result should be "85764".
    Mein Lieber Baeuchlein, wiederum hast du mich gerettet ... Iech danke dir!!!

I WROTE THAT SAME CODE DOWN IN MY NOTES duhhhh
    I just didn't recall that it was the actuel code for the glyphs.
    I must have had a blackout and I wasn't even drinking

Thanks again for saving me so quickly, as always Taffer friend!

Greetz and who knows perhaps I will be seeing you in Germany one day.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819