TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thief 2 FM : The Rustler (Dec 24th,2011.)

It's a book!

two problems:
    1-I can't find whatever key is supposed to be in the room with the horse statue, which I assume I will need later
    needed to look more carefully in the bedroom with the statue
    2-When I approach the other mansion I see a horse & rider run by and then get a complexity warning and T2 crashes.
    I made it past this and into the mansion, but still can't find the stable key
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 28th Dec 2011 at 18:45. Reason: finished

Master Builder 2018
    It's not in the room with the statue that you steal, it's in the bedroom iirc. Check a painting on the wall.

Thanks for this little mission: I had a great time while it lasted; loved the roof top action.

Curious to see what Naks has come up with this time, I really enjoyed her previous creations.

Very nice mission,on stolen 3415/3515 secret rooms 3/3

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It's not in the room with the statue that you steal, it's in the bedroom iirc. Check a painting on the wall.
    I really really can't find it. The key to the last mansion I mean , where the horse is ...
    A hint please?
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 29th Dec 2011 at 21:15.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Gloria: Can you find another way in?

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Gloria: Can you find another way in?
    Thanks ffox!

Yes, I thought the room on the right of the mansion should be accessable with a rope arrow, but whenever I shoot one onto the balcony it gets stuck in the air.

Hee, at another try, after a couple of hours, it worked immediately!!!
    Is this a reload issue ??????
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 30th Dec 2011 at 03:04. Reason: got another shot at it .....
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Thanks for a great mission!
    Finished with 3365 out of 3515 loot and found all 3 secrets.

Nice little mission with Garrett riding a horse as a neat thing.

Once I figured out I would do a ton of ropework, I was able to figure the mission out/complete the mission and needed the forums only for the 3rd secret.

Good job!

- prjames

The horse thing just keeps running and running into the unfrobbable gate (the one with 2 guard towers). How are you supposed to open this ? I just have to keep reloading.

malau: The mission should end just before you get there. Have you completed all the other objectives?

Thank you Naks for this little nice mission!
    Especially liked the horse sequence.

Has anyone found all the loot?

I'm unable to find [SPOIL]one of the three purses. I snatched one from the guard in the City Watch, and another one from the rafters in the left tower at the horse racing area, but there must be a third one somewhere.SPOIL]. Just to finish off properly...

I'm sorry, something went wrong with the spoiler covers. It must have been lieutenant Murphy haunting...
    Last edited by csamba; 3rd Jan 2012 at 10:53. Reason: spoil covers failing

It is in the house where you start, but you might need a rope-arrow.
    Check the attic above the balcony where the guy with the torch keeps patrolling.
    IIt was the very first loot that I found in this mission.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 3rd Jan 2012 at 16:25.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    It is in the house where you start, but you might need a rope-arrow.
    Check the attic above the balcony where the guy with the torch keeps patrolling.
    IIt was the very first loot that I found in this mission.
    Thank you, Gnartsch
    that was it. I saw the attic and climbed up there, but took only the cheese....

I'm having a problem over at Lord Blackwood's... So far I've blackjacked everyone in the place except the front door guard.

When I try to knock him out so I can get out, I fail the "don't alert anyone in his estate" objective. I have an invisibility potion that doesn't turn me invisible so I can walk past him... and I can't make it back out by swimming the way I came in.

Am I bugged or am I missing something?

BANNED
    Thanks for the awesome fan mission, I finished it this evening. It was lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by celeste View Post
    I'm having a problem over at Lord Blackwood's... So far I've blackjacked everyone in the place except the front door guard.

When I try to knock him out so I can get out, I fail the "don't alert anyone in his estate" objective. I have an invisibility potion that doesn't turn me invisible so I can walk past him... and I can't make it back out by swimming the way I came in.

Am I bugged or am I missing something?
    Hmmm.... I knocked out that one as well without problems..
    but you also should be able to swim out again. There is a ladder at one end of the bridge.
    Or do I mix up something here ?

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    There is a ladder at one end of the bridge.
    Or do I mix up something here ?
    Yep, you're right, found it!

edit: repair quote

Great mission. Was 100 loot short. I crashed when coming upon the mansion with the rider going from left to right and Garrett saying, "what the?". So what I did was not look at it when approaching the gate and it seemed fine. Though the 2 archers saw me in the dark like they had night vision or something.

Phil

Wow! I missed this one when it was released, but played it today! What an absolutely lovely mission! Thanks for your work Naks!

I hadn't heard of the late Naks but after reading this thread I looked for her missions. As others have said this is a nice mission especially the ending. Very clever. Thank you Naks.

RIP Naks

I added this mission to my favorites. The pacing in this mission is often hectic as it is hard to find the right way, but the cozy design makes up for it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123