TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Wasteland sequel likely

cross post

Wasteland 2 backers can now redeem their free copy of Wasteland 1.

I'm downloading my copy from GOG as we speak.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

I'll probably opt for the GOG code, but am waiting until the game launches to see if there's any nice Steamworks features.

The WL1 and WL2 key codes are not linked, so it doesn't matter what you pick right now.

here is a list of the different offerings of GOG vs Steam for WL1. basically Steam has a few more extras and Autoupdates(which there have been 2 already).

PC Gamering Smartey Man

That post was entirely about what service I want WL1 on. You can only choose one service, you can't have a key for both. Is auto-update the only Steamworks feature? I probably won't know for certain until the game launches and is on the Steam storefront, i.e. a primary source. Wikis by their nature shouldn't be taken as gospel.

Don't know what other features there will be, pretty sure there will be no achievements. It's a really old game and they basically just added a front-end/overlay to it. Once it is installed, you don't even need Steam running to play it.

And, I am the one who added the info on the wiki, and that is what we the backers received from each location.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Wasteland 1 confirmed to use no Steamworks features. Conclusion:- Redeem the GOG code.

The Wastland 2 Beta was released yesterday. Haven't completely downloaded it myself yet, but someone was streaming it on twitch.tv.

Very expensive for a beta though -- at AUD$59, which is more than what most new releases charge, I think I will wait to see what the final version is like, following player feedback and reviews, before getting this one.

That aside, what I'm seeing so far looks right up my alley so will be interested to see what the early adopters have to say about it.

It's still pretty rough and there are gamebreaking bugs. Wait for the polished version.

... it is awesome, though.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by twisty View Post
    Very expensive for a beta though -- at AUD$59, which is more than what most new releases charge.
    Wasteland 2 isn't the only game out there charging more for the early access beta. The thinking behind is probably that if you want a preview taste, you'll be willing to pay a little more to help fund the game as its being built.

They also have to take into account that their kickstarter backers had to pay $55 or $60 to get beta access.

Soon...

Nice

The Wasteland 2 Beta has just been released to all backers. (Currently only Steam Keys).

Chakat sex pillow
    27 GB!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    27 GB!?
    It's currently only about 14 GB, that is probably the final amount when the California section is added.

Chakat sex pillow
    Still pretty huge for what it is, though. As far as I've seen, the assets aren't massively high-res, so texture resolution alone can't be what's making that download so big. Uncompressed audio? Huge-ass .biks? It's a curious size for a non-next-gen non-FPS title.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Still pretty huge for what it is, though. As far as I've seen, the assets aren't massively high-res, so texture resolution alone can't be what's making that download so big. Uncompressed audio? Huge-ass .biks? It's a curious size for a non-next-gen non-FPS title.
    Looking at the current files, it appears that each map (scene in Unity) has a set of textures and audio and isn't using shared assets. Not sure if that if that is for better performance at the expense of size or some odd Unity thing.

Wasteland 2 launches 7am GMT on the 19th, midnight tonight PST. If you were a backer you can get your codes from the ranger center website and redeem them at Steam or GoG. If you have the Steam beta as a backer you can revoke that key and get a GoG one.

Here is the beginning of a walkthough if your having problems: Wasteland 2 walkthrough

Make sure to look at the graves at the beginning of the game.

Moderator and Priest
    And it's out!

Wow. 21GB. That's a lot of game.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 19th Sep 2014 at 03:09.

ZylonBane
    Now that the Wasteland sequel is actual, not "likely", seems like an ideal time to start a new thread. One without the Koki stink on it.

WL2 is getting a Game of the Year edition, and is also coming to the Xbox One or PS4 some time this summer.

The GOTY was renamed to Directors Cut and was released on October 13th. If you have WL2 already the DC is free. It is also now on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Good thing that games still on my todo list. Directors Cut will definitely be the one I play, when I do.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast