TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 campaign - The Black Frog (13-03-2012)

Thank you very much

Just finished it Loved it a lot,every bit of it! Thanks for this great campaign

nice work.

been playing this last few days, liking it very much so far.

on mission 4 right now.

Very much enjoyed this campaign save for a few minor details, like candles and wood fences which sound like metal when you hit them.

Outstanding!

I cannot or do not want to imagine how much effort it has taken you and the team to provide us with such a gem of a campaign. What imagination and creativity! If I think about it it appears that you combined thief 1-3 atmosphere extremely well into your missions. It was no nice to see references and textures, items from the entire thief series and other missions (i.e. Dr. K's...) Such nostalgia, even with the pool jumping from above (this takes me back to the time when I first played Baffords - and who does not remember the summersaults into the pool ) Thief, for a lot of us will always rank high and it is because of our wonderful community that even in 2012 there are people who dedicate part of their life into these missions.

Now off to play it again...Merci beaucoup!

Wonderful, terrific campaign gaetane.

Great variety of scenery/setting and atmosphere, tough but achievable puzzles/objectives, good story continuity and excellent gameplay. Finished yesterday on Expert - I always love and hate finishing a mission - and this one definitely as I tried to complete with minimal help from the forum.

Loved the atmosphere you created throughout - the sense of celebration in Songs & Laughter and the menace and fear in Tears and Sorrow and .. well the remainder of the campaign!

Thank you for all your hard work. Will definitely be playing The Black Frog again!

Your thanks is a real reward for me. I'm so happy you liked the missions!

Thank you!

Oh my Goodness..... The Campaign is released!!!!:
    Downloading now, Merci bien Gaetane, I already know I will enjoy immensely playing these fm!!!!
    So happy!!!!

Videos fix

The missions are updated on the Darkfate link
    I hope to have fixed the videos issue.
    Last edited by gaetane; 18th Mar 2012 at 13:06.

Thanks a lot for this awesome mission, gaetane !
    So much fun, nice story and architecture.
    Oh, I was very surprised to hear Karras ask me : 'What have you build, Garrett ? ...'
    From what creepy hole did he resurrect ??
    Last edited by gnartsch; 18th Mar 2012 at 18:20.

The link with the UPDATE on DarkFate does not work because of wrong syntax.
    I forget to check the link...
    It's fixed now.

Thank you gnartsch!
    Last edited by gaetane; 18th Mar 2012 at 14:35.

I finished just now. 14 hours and 13 minutes of fun !

6185 loot (100%) in total and 32/32 secrets. (With some help from TTLL)
    Oh boy, I don't recall any other campaing with so many secrets.

OK, i just tried the updated version and the videos both intro and end cutscenes work for me now. I am assuming only the videos were changed, as my saves from the first version also load using this updated one too, excellent!

shadows, it's a great news ! Thank to have test it

Thank you so much Gaetane! The intro movie works with this updated version. So I'm sure the ending movie will too. You truly are one of the best mission designers. I hope there will be more missions coming from you in the future.

Great

Missions updated on Southquarter.

Hallo GaŽtane, I've played your Campaign too and it was fun the most time:

Interesting Story, great leveldesign, especially this lovely little town. I also like the style of the sanctuary, the village and the temple of the frog(is this Arx Fatalis, is it Lara Croft, no it's Thief).
    Spooky atmosphere when the third mission begins. I don't know when it was the last time in a game I felt scared, no kidding.-)

Unfortunately(for me) the joy of playing changed when mission five started. To be exact after frobbing the wrong glyph.
    This surreal frog world looks great again but I ran in circles, didn't know exacly what to do. Must started again because often this Golem killed me. For me it was a bit to confused ..

The end is sad when she dies, I felt sorry for Emilie.

Nevertheless, Chapeau for this campaign

Bassso/DS

I must admit the Black Frog World was my least favourite of mission 5. In hindsight one can get through it. I noticed that the Golem always seem to be alerted by things i did no matter where i was and how far i was from it. Like stepping on noisy surfaces, even at a slow pace or killing the skeletons, the Golem would always appear moments later. Of course all one needs to do is hide, but still it had me on egg shells. I know the readable explains that Emilie can see everything Garrett does and the Golem is probably her will manifested, but still.

About the ending:
    Also i am surprised Emilie surrendered so easily, she had Garrett trapped and could have killed him, but decides hey the Black Frog and it's personification in the real world i.e. Emilie herself, is too dangerous to exist, lets just die.

I must ask, the Black Frog glyph was not intended to be evil right? It simply gives substance to the darker parts of human beings minds right? That's what i got from the readables. Kinda like Forbidden Planet's "monsters from the id" concept, as opposed to Sauron's One Ring, which was evil and enslaved any being to do it's bidding.

Also i am surprised Emilie surrendered so easily, she had Garrett trapped and could have killed him, but decides hey the Black Frog and it's personification in the real world i.e. Emilie herself, is too dangerous to exist, lets just die.

Garrett is trapped, sure, but he has trapped Emilie too. He is about to destroy the glyph (and Emilie too). What could Emilie do? Her last hope could be that the last trap (ceiling trapped) kill Garrett. But does she really wants that?

I don't know if you have read Emilie's journal but i tried to explain a bit more on Emilie and her feeling about her fate.
    Emilie is tired by this symbiose between the glyphe and she. She never wanted that and she knows it is impossible to break this link. She is a sort of a prisoner of the glyphe. She knows that the glyphe is an abomination and she would like go far from it. But she can't. So the only thing she can do is to prevent the other people trying to grab the glyph for to use its power.
    Garrett don't want to grab the glyphe, he want to destroy it (after his exit from the BF world). This would be the best solution after all? In other hands than those of Emilie, the power of the glyphe could have catastrophic consequences (Belmont is one example). The Keepers themselves didn't see the magnitude of the threat.
    Emilie knows she'll can't protect the glyph forever and her die could release the world from the ugly power of the BF glyphe. (Wow! She is really a "great" lady!).

I have perhaps not enough to represent this part of the story, i'm sorry

Basso71: I know my missions can be very frustrating sometimes Yet I try to improve!
    Thank my testers, without them the world black frog would have been even more incomprehensible

I'm in the Black Frog Tower. The beast just killed itself in the lavapool. I climbed up the ladder and now what? How to get to the glyph? I'm stuck here.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Hey
    I'm playing the last mission but decided to share my 2 cents already.

First of all: the whole campaign is absolutely fantastic. I am absolutely absorbed by the story. Everything, from architecture to readables, feels and looks great and coherent with the story. The readables are not boring, not excessive, not blatant direct hints and not without purpose. Perfect.

I do have a few (personal) problems with the gameplay that I develop below. But it IS a fantastic campaign.. I only take my time to analyze and write so much for stuff I really like.

Overall it's way too difficult and frustrating. There is the challenging (good) difficult and the frustrating (bad) difficult. What separates them is hard to explain, but here's a couple of examples of difficult situations in stealth gameplay:
    1- I'm in a safe spot observing 3 guards with complicated routes walking around in a place with complicated light/shadow formation. I can see that there are solutions but it will take time for me to form a plan and do something. This is challenging.
    2- No safe spot, lots of AIs popping up from seemingly random doors and the whole place is lit like a wallmart. This is frustrating, because I'll have to take a chance, get caught, load and take another chance until it works.

The hidden objects situations kind of falls into the same category, but since it doesn't rely on loading it doesn't hinder the gameplay that much. A good parameter is: if the player is looking for something in the right place because he followed the hints, doesn't find it, gives up and go look for it elsewhere on the map, then it is too hard. He'll probably run aimlessly in the map, alerting all the AIs he had previoiusly carefully ghosted, until giving up and reading a spoiler in the forums, that points to the exact location he was looking, only at the wrong pixel LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I'm in the Black Frog Tower. The beast just killed itself in the lavapool. I climbed up the ladder and now what? How to get to the glyph? I'm stuck here.

wow, how did you do that? :P
    You didn't jump over the hole to the next room? Is that door closed? If it is I'm not sure if you can reopen it somehow, if not you may need to reload or cheat and go through the door (is there a noclip cheat? I don't know)

Edit: oops. Thought you were talking about the other mission :P Forget that
    Last edited by Gzumillo; 19th Mar 2012 at 22:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post

Have you replaced the blue crystal already and opened the gate with the switch near them crystal ?
    You need the red crystal from Gerivaldi's room.

I'm asking in the wrong thread. I'll get back to part 5 then.
    And no, I had some issues with the blue crystal.
    See you there.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast