TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 campaign - The Black Frog (13-03-2012)

Completely amazing work !! The first level is like Assassin's Creed II - when the city is in carnivale !

I couldn't play much of it though because it kept crashing my clean install - but what I did see was soooo great !!

Thank Malau I hope you'll can play the following missions.

Gzumillo,
    I know my missions can be very difficult to play. You need to search very close for find items or other things for to progress in the game.
    I love games where you need to take your time and observe your environment to detect every little hint, and of course this is reflected on my missions. But what I even forget is that many players don't like this playing way

I thought I had made efforts about that but obviously I still have much work to do again
    Last edited by gaetane; 21st Mar 2012 at 16:57.

READABLES I cannot read them apart from one in the kitchen ? on the second mission I do not play many fms are they done differently ? do I need to install something to read them?

I know my missions can be very difficult to play. You need to search very close for find items or other things for to progress in the game.
    The difficulty I'm not very fond of are the ones relying more on luck than strategy. But whether you change your design workflow according to my criticism or not, I'm sure your future maps will be just as awesome and I'll definitely play it. What I'm saying is.. go make more missions. Like, now. Go.

Quote Originally Posted by YONTY View Post
    READABLES I cannot read them apart from one in the kitchen ? on the second mission I do not play many fms are they done differently ? do I need to install something to read them?
    No, you should not have to install anything to read the texts in the mission. What operating system are you using? What FM loader are you using (darkloader, garrettloader, etc.)?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    No, you should not have to install anything to read the texts in the mission. What operating system are you using? What FM loader are you using (darkloader, garrettloader, etc.)?
    And what language are you playing in, in case it's not English?

I recently finished playing this series for the first time and now I think I need to play it a second time to really get the feel of the atmosphere and story. What I experienced was amazing and definitely one of the better campaigns I've played thus far, but the first time around I was too focused on trying to figure things out and complete the objectives. Second time around should allow me to focus more on the story. What I'm saying is, I really enjoyed it (even the tricky parts!) and am gonna play it again, perhaps even on the expert setting.

I think the only real criticism I have thus far about the campaign is the monster killing objectives. Many of these creatures are really fast and difficult to kill (and it also makes a lot of noise) which really is not fun at all. Especially at the very end when you have to kill the Charaka by running around a lava pit hoping you'll be lucky enough to have the monster fall in. The stress level involved in doing this really detracts from the game, in my opinion. I mean, it's Thief. I want to sneak and steal, not fight.

That's about it, though. Gonna go back and play it again now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Especially at the very end when you have to kill the Charaka by running around a lava pit hoping you'll be lucky enough to have the monster fall in.
    You did notice that this is an optional objective though, right?

Out of all the things I had to do, this was one of the easiest ones, just run around the pool, he can never catch you. If you run too fast and meet up with him, just then run the other way, he WILL fall in eventually. Ah, this really takes me back to the first mission in Thief 1, haha, every mission should have a pool!

No, I was too busy fleeing in terror.
    Well, this was one of the hardest things for me to do, for some reason. It just took what felt like forever for the thing to fall in and all it did was stress me out. It was like A Night in Rocksbourg 1, only the monster in that one moved relatively slowly at least.

Thanks!

Gaetane,

I finished the Black Frog set of missions a couple of days ago and I just wanted to say - WOW! This is a very impressive set of missions. I loved the different types of missions, the mansions, the sneaking around in forests and temples, and the Black Frog world and the Charaka were absolutely SCARY! Great job and I just wanted to say - thank you!

- prjames

Thanks for this fantastic mission!
    What a piece of work!
    Very nice story and effects.

Especially at the very end when you have to kill the Charaka by running around a lava pit hoping you'll be lucky enough to have the monster fall in.
    I know it can be a real pain It's why the objective is optional

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Especially at the very end when you have to kill the Charaka by running around a lava pit hoping you'll be lucky enough to have the monster fall in. The stress level involved in doing this really detracts from the game, in my opinion. I mean, it's Thief. I want to sneak and steal, not fight.
    I dealt with him (and of course it is a he) by getting up the ladder and then throwing flashbombs at him. Each time he staggered forward a bit until he fell in the lava.

IMO, it would have been better if you could have used that switch multiple times, opening and closing the floor.

Since my no-reloads run had ended a long time ago, I actually reloaded when I saw what the switch did. Then I lured big beastie to the room and dropped a flashbomb when it was on the right spot. Charaka does not move much if it can see you but not reach you, so once I had climbed the ladder a bit, I could calmly walk over to the switch and...
    Last edited by jiansonz; 23rd Mar 2012 at 21:08.

I just run up the ladder and the beast got so angry at me, that he fell into the lavapool.

This has been the most creepiest and freaking out campaign I played for a really long time.
    I guess I never played so tensed as in mission 3, 4 and 5.

I bough for you, Mistress Gaetane

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I'm happy to see you like the Black frog campaign! Thank you very much all
    I see you found many means to defeat the Charaka, well done!
    Last edited by gaetane; 23rd Mar 2012 at 15:44.

Finished in the wee small hours of last night - huge thanks Gaetane, it's been brilliant from start to finish.

BANNED
    Just finished this awesome campaign too. It had all the ingredients I love... and more. It's now on my all time faves list.

Thank you, gaetane.

The whole campaign was chock-full-of-thiefy-goodness. The puppies were cute and cuddly. I only got really stuck two or three times and in each case it was my fault and not bad design.

So by the powers vested in me by Brother Murus, I hear by bestow upon this mission the coveted Gold Hammer.

I am so happy to see that you had a good time to play the Black frog!
    Thank you very much for your nice comments

Just finished it, almost 19 hours. Very good, but a bit too easy for my taste, the BF world in the 5th mission was especially amazing, thanks for the campaign

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Just thought I would point out that 19 hours of gameplay is more than you get from plenty of $50 games these days. Ain't this community grand? Thanks again Gaetane!

Tremendous mission pack! Thanks for many joyful hours!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast