TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 4 - The Lady and the Thief

Thanks Tannar, found it just before you posted!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I thought this mission was the single best mission I had ever played.

Then I got to mission 5.

Master Builder 2018
    Me too!

Wonderful campaign! Btw. I've managed to reach (and enter )old temple but i'm wondering, if i've missed a hint or there is only moss on the grass near the entrance?
    Last edited by Xuio; 15th Mar 2012 at 20:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    That should not be true. Are you certain you didn't frob it already once? Just to be sure, once you disable the one in the Old Black Frog Temple, go to the tower and see if the doors are open.
    I'd still bet I found that one out of order, but it was in the area of the Children of Black Frog, not the Old Black Frog Temple. As a matter of fact, on the first run I totally missed this latter area. Having paid the exciting visit there the episode is now completed.
    Just to make sure: are there 3 or 4 antennas to turn off?

BTW, this is an incredible series, fantastic gameplay full of tricky details and chilly surprises. Thank you, Gaetane...

Uh, am I missing something really obvious? I'm right at the start, and can't seem to pick up the lever ( the one being used as a bookmark ), so can't go anywhere.
    Last edited by Swiz; 15th Mar 2012 at 21:57.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Just to make sure: are there 3 or 4 antennas to turn off?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    Uh, am I missing something really obvious? I'm right at the start, and can't seem to pick up the lever ( the one being used as a bookmark ), so can't go anywhere.
    Did you read the text there?

Did you read the text there?
    Yes, both the book and the scroll. Still can't frob it. Script problems, or so I need to do something else?

so I found the switch to turn on the electricty in spider area, the gate for the lever however remains closed for me...a hint please
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Mar 2012 at 00:04. Reason: added spoiler cover

dkessler
    Go back to the window in the underground bunker where you view the massacre, turn round and look at the wall ahead to the left

I think this is probably my most favourite mission out of the lot, I got into the 'flow' with this one.

I really liked the way you built the areas, each with it's own feel. Also the Sanctuary and the Old Temple felt really sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    Yes, both the book and the scroll. Still can't frob it. Script problems, or so I need to do something else?
    If it uses NVscript there, you may need to reboot several times if you've got a Windows 7 machine. Unless they've updated/fixed this. I believe I still occasionally have this issue.

To test if NVscript is working, I usually pop open my FM Captain of the Guard real quick. If NVscript isn't working, you shouldn't be able to buy any soldiers. (It will let you spend money, but won't give you anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    If it uses NVscript there, you may need to reboot several times if you've got a Windows 7 machine. Unless they've updated/fixed this. I believe I still occasionally have this issue.

To test if NVscript is working, I usually pop open my FM Captain of the Guard real quick. If NVscript isn't working, you shouldn't be able to buy any soldiers. (It will let you spend money, but won't give you anything.)
    It could well be this. I can't pick up the lever with my Win7 home machine, but can with my work WinXP machine.

is this a bug.....I am in the village by the well....on expert...

any guards will not attack me...they just stand around shouting at me swords drawn and shaking fists ...like I was standing on something out of reach of them...I could walk right up to them and bj them loads of times and they wouldnt fight me....I ran around and a few would start a chase but stop and resume their stance with swords drawn,and more calling out,the odd hop from side to side etc...

apart from that its a super campaign so far...

I knocked out or eliminated almost all the guards... Removed about all the spiders.. Got the map and am in the Children of the frog area where one of the two main gates have closed and there's no way back except a door I cannot open... I managed to pick up a spring in that area but cannot get up to the tower du to the elevator not working and metal railing... Any ideas? Or does this area need entered later. In the big spide sanctuary I was able to get downstairs in the two tower area and there's a gate with no switch and a big spide with two baby spiders I eliminated..

dbrilliant
    Repair the lift with the spring.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    is this a bug.....I am in the village by the well....on expert...
    any guards will not attack me...
    This certainly sounds like a bug but none of the testers experienced this during many, many months of testing. I've had those guards chase me all around the village many times. I don't know what to make of this. Maybe someone else will have some ideas. In the meantime, count yourself lucky!

This certainly sounds like a bug but none of the testers experienced this during many, many months of testing. I've had those guards chase me all around the village many times. I don't know what to make of this. Maybe someone else will have some ideas. In the meantime, count yourself lucky!
    It happened to me too
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Zhickel View Post
    dbrilliant
    Repair the lift with the spring.
    Thanks Zhickel..... I easily passed that one...... I discoverd the tresure.... I also got Maranoz's skull.... Is there anything I need to do with it? Also, I turned off an antenna in where the old ruins were... The childrens area, the sanctuary. Where are the other(s)? I'm stuck.....

Master Builder 2018
    You need to turn off the one in the Old Black Frog Temple. Check your map.

You need to turn off the one in the Old Black Frog Temple. Check your map.
    If that's where Benny get massacred, I turned that one off already.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    If that's where Benny get massacred, I turned that one off already.
    No, it's not that one. That's the old fish factory area.

i am a bit stuck i got the exit key but my way back the gate is closed how do i open it? or is there another way to get out of area?,already got gold skull,just need to activate the switch in that abadon town place where spiders were i think the switch i hit had to have opened it ,so i can go forward?

downwinder:

There is a metal door near the exit gate.

yeah i found it :P,but now i need a bit more help i am in the abandon part of a town i need to figure how hot to open gate to flip switch and also i climbed through some building and found a gate i cant figure out how to open either,i only need 2 more rays to disconnect to be able to enter castle

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast