TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 4 - The Lady and the Thief

This mission is fantastic ! Great gameplay and atmosphere. Thanks Gaetane !

Need a little hint though - where do I find the Children's treasure ?

Master Builder 2018
    In the Children of the BF area, in the temple behind the double metal doors, there is a room with a priest patrolling around a sunken area with a large red crystal. Frob the crystal.

Doh ! How did I miss that Tannar?
    Spent ages swimming round it too!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see Lord Soth's post. The map is in the shanty with Lize's brother. You will need to get the key from Lize who is locked in a cell in the village.
    Thank you, I finished this mission ...

Finished minus 3 secrets. Could not find key for gate in the water under the sanctuary. I assume that is one of the secrets I am missing. How do you open that gate. please?

You can use your lockpicks on the gate

Quote Originally Posted by gaetane View Post
    You can use your lockpicks on the gate
    Thanks. 3 times with that solutions and nada. I must not have found the right spot.
    Last edited by joanieS; 20th Mar 2012 at 13:26. Reason: covering up answer.

I think you are in the right place. It is difficult to hear the lockpick sound under water . Maybe if you to turn up the sound of your computer you'll hear it? This is a bug from the Thief engine (i believe) against which I can not do anything
    Last edited by gaetane; 20th Mar 2012 at 17:17.

When you replay this mission......

In the Children of the Black Frog area, after pulling the lever, you can lure all the creatures to the lift and explode them by bringing the lift down on them

I just finished the Sancuary. The river that runs under the outer entrance to has a south and north gate under water. I made it through the south. How do I open the North gate?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    I just finished the Sancuary. The river that runs under the outer entrance to has a south and north gate under water. I made it through the south. How do I open the North gate?
    You can use your lock picks...

Thnaks, I couldn't hear my lockpicks. Little disapointed I thought it led to the Old B F Temple

I was afraid I wasn't going to like this mission at first (I'm not a big fan of villages that are divided up with giant cliff walls everywhere, even though I completely understand that it's necessary). Then I finally found my way into my first beacon area (which happened to be the old BF Temple) and from then on I was in heaven! There are so many interesting and beautiful places to go in this mission, most of which were complete surprises when I got to them.

I'm proud to say that I managed to find all the (necessary) hidden stuff without any help. I almost caved and came here for advice a few times (the switch in the dark fishery room for example), but I kept trying, deduced what I needed to find in each case, and eventually found everything I needed to find!

I started mission 5 and looked around for a few minutes, and it already looks like it will be the most exciting one yet. I can't wait to get back to it.

Great work, Gaetane!

Bravo Weasel!
    I know my missions are not easy and requires to be very careful.

And thank very much to all for your nice comments
    I am glad that you didn't abandonned the campaign here... by discouragement

This turned out to be favourite mission of the campaign. I love good looking 'explore the wilderness' kind of missions.

I needed over 4 hours for this mission, and never once was I stuck so long that it got frustrating - there was always somewhere else to go or something else to try.

I did need to crank up the gamma to see both the levers in the abandoned fishery. I figured there had to be something there, because "she couldn't have made me go all the way here for nothing" (or in the second case "...all the way here for a triggered event and a measly power-up"

Something that had me puzzled for quite a while was that the lever in the village wasn't frobbable, but the map helped here. "Aha! There are five X:es on the map but only four blue light beams to the tower." The map also helped me understand how to find the old BF temple (and the way to open the path to it is the same as for a secret in Sensut's recent Into The Maw mission).

I am stuck in the children of the frog area, in the temple......I'm in the pool, the mage is alerted so no way to get out of there......any escape in the room where you are teleported by frobbing the red crystal???
    Now, this is a creepy mission!!!!

You can re-open the big metal doors (at the entry) by acting the lever near them.

OK, made it to the exit door but.......as soon as I use the exit key on the door, I have a crash to desktop........

No one else experienced that?
    Last edited by maga; 23rd Mar 2012 at 12:36.

I'm stuck.

spoiler:

I swam into some underground caverns and made it into an area with a lot of ruins (and a creepy, disembodied noise in the mist). I can see one of the levers behind a gate. I also jumped around and found an alternate entrance to the castle area.

The thing that is stumping me is that I see a room with spiders that I think is the key to opening that gate with the lever, but I can't seem to find a way in there. The doors are blocked off. I see a bridge overhead that leads into the building where this room is, but I can't for the life of me find a way to get up there. No place to to put a rope arrow. No jumps I can make, nothing.

Also, I can see a basement through a grating with a lot of fish in it (& looks like a dead body), but can't find a way to get down there either.

What I am missing?

I found it. The answer... Look for a door obscured by some vines.
    Last edited by elkston; 25th Mar 2012 at 11:59.

For your first question. Look beyond the bridge to the spiders and see an open building on the right with planks and a ladder up. Make your way up to the top and go back towards the bridge bit and you can drop down inside where the big tree is. Have a good look round there.

I'll have to think about your second question. I can't remember at the moment.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    The area mentioned in the second question will be reached consequent to his progressing based on your response to the first question, Nickie.

You know there's a lot to remember in all these missions - particularly if you're small and have a correspondingly small brain and smaller memory.

Thanks guys. I figured it out just as you guys were posting your replies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i only need to disable to blue rays now... does anyone knows where is the key to the pagan shed? the one very small and with no windows, and where is the key to the skull in order to open the gate?

Pedro, not from my memory now, but I know you'll find the answers on the first page of this thread
    I would want to look it up for you, but I need to be present tomorrow very early That's not my cup of tea ... so to speak

I hope you find the answer there.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast