TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 4 - The Lady and the Thief

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    i only need to disable to blue rays now... does anyone knows where is the key to the pagan shed? the one very small and with no windows, and where is the key to the skull in order to open the gate?
    The key to the shed is in the village, in the basement cell with Lize. Look under a bucket. The key to the skull is also in the village, in Lize's father's house, upstairs behind a bookcase.

Thanks Mike , from now on i´m going to use the technique of aproaching myself to every object, one never knows wether they are frobable or not, i reckon you use this method?

need a little push

I am in the Sanctuary near the chakathing statue , i see the opening above it but i can't climb on the statue to get there .. i tried ... from behind ... which seemed to be the best way up it felt really weird try it you will see what i mean , never thought i'd see garrett this way the thing seems to have kind of a butt Anyway ...

am i missing something ?

thanks
    I may be blind But I found my way

@sexypat

Stand in front of the statue and frob the thing in it's hand. A door will open.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhickel View Post
    @sexypat

Stand in front of the statue and frob the thing in it's hand. A door will open.
    thanks !!
    I may be blind But I found my way

Sorry, but I'm just stupid as hell, obviously enough..

I cannot seem to find a way to go to the Old Black Frog Temple, nor the Sanctuary.. I've read hints here, but regarding the Temple, there's the pedal with apples I frobbed, near the face in the wall What the hell am I supposed to do there?
    Sanctuary - went up and climbed the towers a bit, found a chest with a gas arrow, nothing more..

It's a good mission, but getting slightly frustrating. Also, I cannot find The Black Frog Children's treasure.. I went to the Shanty with the key and got the map of the island... But nothing more.. What am I supposed to do with the rusty key!?

SO confused :'(

Quote Originally Posted by zil View Post
    Sorry, but I'm just stupid as hell, obviously enough..

I cannot seem to find a way to go to the Old Black Frog Temple, nor the Sanctuary.. I've read hints here, but regarding the Temple, there's the pedal with apples I frobbed, near the face in the wall What the hell am I supposed to do there?
    Sanctuary - went up and climbed the towers a bit, found a chest with a gas arrow, nothing more..

It's a good mission, but getting slightly frustrating. Also, I cannot find The Black Frog Children's treasure.. I went to the Shanty with the key and got the map of the island... But nothing more.. What am I supposed to do with the rusty key!?

SO confused :'(
    Old temple: look around carefully. There is a more or less obvious hint what you need to do.
    Watch the ground and the face

The rusty key: IIRC it opens an old gate somewhere (? in the ruins area ?)
    Last edited by gnartsch; 30th Mar 2012 at 17:25.

Master Builder 2018
    For the Old Black Frog Temple: Shoot a moss arrow at the face.

For the Sanctuary: Each of the two towers outside the sanctuary has a window high up with a beam sticking out above the windows that will take a rope arrow. Climb up.

For the Rusty Key: Jump in the river near the village. This will also lead you to the Black Frog Children's treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by ravoll View Post

BINGO
    I had the same problem ( Win 7 64 Bit, normal Thief 2 installation, latest patch for my version, manually added ddfix 1.5.11 for widescreen resolution ). I investigated into this problem and followed the advice to test with Haplo's Mission "Among Two Storms" . This mission uses three extra files :
    dh2.osl
    tnhS.osm
    NVS.osm

I was able to get the scripts running by changing the rights of "authenticated user" to full access for NVS.osm.
    This is reversible.

Ok, I thought, just apply this to corresponding files of Black Frog. From what I saw, Black Frog uses :
    NVscript.osm
    darkhooks.dlx
    tnhScript.osm

I applied the mentioned change in several steps to these files, but without success.

After that I did a clean installation with tafferpatcher to a different directory, changed the corresponding path in Darkloader and copied the Black Frog saves over there.
    And, after reading the book, I was able to frob the lever.

So the interesting question is : what does tafferpatcher technically change to make it work for Black Frog ? I compared the two thief.exe files and saw no difference.

It's a bit off topic of this thread, but I would be interested in an answer.

Kind Regards,
    JoergA

I'm stuck.
    spoiler:
    I've repaired the elevator with the spring and found the Children's treasure.

How do I get access to the other areas of the map like sanctuary and fishery ?

Master Builder 2018
    In the area with the slope leading to the large Tower, there is a guard standing at a waterfall. Go past him and climb some rock ledges. That will get you to the other part of the map.

spoiler:
    I think this isn't the right way but I've climbed the waterfall at the start with the secret on top and jumped over the rocks into the other area with some minor damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael. View Post

spoiler:
    I think this isn't the right way but I've climbed the waterfall at the start with the secret on top and jumped over the rocks into the other area with some minor damage.
    Hmmm... that was the wrong waterfall. There is another one where you need to go through the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhickel View Post
    When you replay this mission......

In the Children of the Black Frog area, after pulling the lever, you can lure all the creatures to the lift and explode them by bringing the lift down on them
    Great tip! Thanks. It produced some most satisfying sounds.

Smoking children... World Health Organization won't like this mission.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Really enjoyed this mission, the exploration component was great. So many places to go, I got the map and I was surprised to see so many areas I could visit and wondered how I had missed them all so far. Lots of fun, this is just the style of mission I love. Just two criticisms, certainly nothing major though:

For all the talk of Girivalid's gadgets & technical wizardry & complex machinations, I thought I'd be called up on to do more than just pull several levers, ala Sabotage at Soulforge.

On expert, the Sanctuary was a bit too tough, I don't see any way that you could sneak through there with the tile floors and multiple AI, I was forced to kill all the beasts.

None of this really took away from the enjoyment of the level though. I loved run down fish hatchery most - during the cutscene I'm thinking "it's the sequel to Benny'd Dead - Benny's Head!"

I have a feeling the final mission might even top this one - time to go find out.

In the Children of the Black Frog area, after pulling the lever, you can lure all the creatures to the lift and explode them by bringing the lift down on them
    Well done!

Glad you like the missions Brethren
    For all the talk of Girivalid's gadgets & technical wizardry & complex machinations, I thought I'd be called up on to do more than just pull several levers, ala Sabotage at Soulforge.
    Oh, I was too lazy to think of something more complex

Southquarter.com/fms
    Oh yeah, you're quite lazy, I've been noticing that.

(sarcasm alert)

On that note, when's your next mission due?

What a fantastic mission!

Just finished with all optional objectives completed and 9/9 secrets. The only complaint I have is the lack of loot, and instead the abundance of food. More loot would have made this mission perfect. I will start my Ghost run soon, but see Supreme being so far gone it's not even funny. Even regular Ghost will have a tough time here. I still wonder if it's possible without first alerts.

From the little I saw of mission 5, well, all I can say is I'm excited.

Edit: Oh and is there any use for Munstroz's Skull? I didn't find any.
    Last edited by klatremus; 8th Apr 2012 at 12:40.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

The inhabitants are poor, it's why you can't find lot of loots in this mission
    And the Munstroz's Skull is just a secret.

I'm in the Temple, where the wooden bridge and the 3 entrances are. I took care of the puzzles in the side rooms, but the one in front is too high to reach and I can't rope my way up there. I can see a button on top but it's too far to reach with an arrow . Any other way I can get up there?

Master Builder 2018
    When you "took care of" those puzzles in the side rooms, did you frob the skulls in the two recesses? If so, you will be able to go into the lower portion of the one in front and throw a lever there. Then go back toward the entrance of the temple and look up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    When you "took care of" those puzzles in the side rooms, did you frob the skulls in the two recesses? If so, you will be able to go into the lower portion of the one in front and throw a lever there. Then go back toward the entrance of the temple and look up.
    Yeah, I had frobbed the skulls, I'll have a look, thanks

Ok, I went and frobbed the other lever in the upper passage, but now I have no idea what it opened up

Also, how do I get into the sanctuary? And what am I supposed to do in the old ruins (where all the spiders are)?

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    And what am I supposed to do in the old ruins (where all the spiders are)?
    Find an overgrown hidden door.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast