TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 4 - The Lady and the Thief

Hi, friends! I'm stuck in Old temple:
    I just got through the rooms with the abyss, defeated the sleeping monster with gas arrow, pressed the two frog buttons and toggled a skull switch in the center, but now I do not know how to open the small gate to exit this area, and go where there are wooden walkways...

Hi

You need to kill the monster and not to knock it

Quote Originally Posted by gaetane View Post
    Hi

You need to kill the monster and not to knock it

Thanks for the reply.
    The gas arrow is not deadly? A normal arrow is enough to kill him, now that it's out?

P.S.Wonderful FM! thanks you very match for this your nice work.

Edit: ok, I threw it into the abyss. Now I continue...
    Last edited by Angelot; 11th Oct 2012 at 11:43.

The gas arrow doesn't kill, it has the same effect as the blackjack. Indeed that isn't very obvious to know it

Replaying this great campaign, but I have trouble very early on in this mission. I can't enter the village. There looks to be a lever missing in order to open the gate and enter the village. In the area with a tent and two guards, there looks to be a lever on top of a readable book, but the lever isn't frobbable for me.

Do I need to do something first in order to make the lever frobbable?

Or is it supposed to be frobbable and I have run into a nasty bug?
    (I am on Windows 7. I do not use NewDark or Thief Enhancement Pack. I do use DDFix because that was necessary to get fog in mission 3. Worked nicely. I have activated a few other options in DDFix but not any that I think could be related to my problem).

It's been awhile since I've played it but I think you need to read the book first and then the lever should become frobbable.

I have read the book - that does not help.

If I remember this correctly, you should find the lever.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Do I need to do something first in order to make the lever frobbable?
    What's about the objective?
    Find some Information to obtain the Glyph "The Black Frog"
    Take a look here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tc-...49D4F0419790E1

10:20 Goal complete
    13:47 rusty lever

Quote Originally Posted by brush View Post
    13:47 rusty lever
    Yep, it highlighted for this player. It does not for me. If you read the comments to the movie, you can see that someone else had the same problem that I do. That person was recommended to install Tafferpatcher. Will that help, and what should I do with it?

You can find the instructions for TafferPatcher here. . I suppose it's possible that you're missing some scripts or something. I think you'll have to restart the mission to see if it works but you haven't gone far so that shouldn't be a problem.

This should help, too. Safe and overwite existing "gen.osm" with this one, restart.
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/darkloa...iefScripts.zip

I just realize that I never got the first objective to tick off like it does in the video. Indeed, it looks like a script issue.

@brush: no, overwriting the gen.osm and restarting did not help.

Master Builder 2018
    You may need to uninstall and reinstall the mission in whatever loader you are using (Darkloader, Garrettloader, etc.) for gen.osm to take effect.

Update: Tafferpatcher fixed it! Thanks, all.

@Tannar: yeah, I thought it was best to go back to the OM setting in Darkloader before letting Tafferpatcher do its thing, so that is what I did.

Where is the bloody map?

In the Objectives it says to go look in the village for the map, but I can't find it. Right now in the house with the girl in the jail cell, in the basement.

Found 1 laser tower, but the laser was already turned off.

As for the lever, in the tower-behind the 3rd door-after hitting the 2 puzzle buttons, what exactly does that open? (or did I turn off a laser?), noticed
    there were only 4 now instead of the original 5 in the sky when I returned to that area
    , I realized at that point that I need to go back to the village
    and find the map or this mission will go on for hours, lots more hours just wandering...aimlessly

iirc there is a key somewhere in that cell which opens a shed somewhere which has the map... i think, but i'm certain that it's not bloody - dirty (pagans) but not bloody.
    also, there is a hint of patchouli on it

Shanty..?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see Lord Soth's post. The map is in the shanty with Lize's brother. You will need to get the key from Lize who is locked in a cell in the village.
    As for Lize, I'm with her now. She has a key? I'll go look for that for now, but where exactly is her brother (what's a shanty?) Tried using Siri on the iPhone5, but it kept spelling it wrong so, I Googled it. Slum house-eh? In the village too, I suppose?

& off I go...

Master Builder 2018
    A shanty is a shack, a small hut or a small building that is just thrown together, not well-built. You will find it outside the village. From the well in the village, go past the building where Lize is in the cell and you will come to a narrow path on the right which passes between some steep stone walls. Just follow that path.

bloody...

Quote Originally Posted by ValmontPhl View Post
    iirc there is a key somewhere in that cell which opens a shed somewhere which has the map... i think, but i'm certain that it's not bloody - dirty (pagans) but not bloody.
    also, there is a hint of patchouli on it
    Sorry, UK thing. Was quoting Tannar

The compass on the map...

Is the North pointer actually pointing to the North on the map? I seem to be getting lost anyway. Certain directions don't go where I thought they would...

I'm standing in some ruins...

there's a laser switch, inside a little room in a mountain with a gate. How do I get that gate open? Is it one I can turn off or is it already off like in the village?

Master Builder 2018
    It would help if you were a little more specific but I assume you mean the abandoned fish camp? If so, you need to get into the two towers and in the one farthest from the switch, in the room with the spiders, look up at the ceiling.

To open the gate you need to find this switch. After that you should be able to turn the laser off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS3P60-_NeQ&t=0m57s

Ok. . .I'm stuck! (Yeah,who's not who comes to this thread asking questions? Anyway. . .*ahem*)

I'm trying to get into the Sanctuary. And. . .for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get past the blasted dogs! I've tried luring them out and shooting them, like fish in a barrel. . .I don't have enough broadheads. I have no mines. My two gas arrows I had to use on guards that got 'stuck' (searching for me, then they sort of just *stopped* in the middle of the scene - couldn't sneak, couldn't bop them. Ended up using the arrows on them and that worked). I do have my sword. . .but no where to make a decent stand at them. I did try, but five of them (I think it was five) descended on me at once and . . .yeah, no hope there.

In the last mission, when I had to kill them, I managed to get them all by luring them to a place where I could stand behind a door then swinging like mad until they died. Yeah, yeah, I know. A 'cheat', but hey, it worked! I don't tend to care for. . .facing off against nasties. Even in this mission I got through the Children's area by using the elevator trick. That was fun, and oddly satisfying.

But yeah. . .this mission? The dogs have me stumped. Ideas?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast