TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631364146515661 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    In my head I'd wrongly conflated this with the project to stitch together all the Thief 3 maps. Does anyone here know what's happened to that project?
    Still alive & WIP

is still in the works. here's a direct link to the thread.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128793

Thanks!

Thanks so much for this. Playing this game with nvidia surround makes it so much more immersive!

Sneaky Upgrader
    You're welcome. Which resolution are you running at?

Btw. the classic speed / keyboard lockpicking issue discussed above has been fixed - will be in the next version.

5760x1080. Havent had any issues so far.

I am unable to adjust my brightness options at all, running the newest sneaky patch on windows 8.1. GTX 770.

EDIT: Sorry I see this is an ongoing issue that has already been reported. Any ideas yet as to what is causing this? Game is a little too dark for me at the default setting. For now I cranked up the brightness on my hdtv a bit.
    Last edited by decayedmatter; 21st Mar 2014 at 08:25.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by decayedmatter View Post
    I am unable to adjust my brightness options at all, EDIT: Sorry I see this is an ongoing issue that has already been reported.
    I could have sworn Snobel fixed this..?!

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    I could have sworn Snobel fixed this..?!
    Maybe it's something to do with the newest nvidia drivers? But yea i tried adjusting it in the options.ini and everything, the number will change but the game stays the same brightness.

Either way, i just cranked the brightness up in nvidia control panel a bit and it's ok. Would be a little easier to adjust in game though.

Maybe I'll try reinstalling it.

EDIT: Just tried reinstalling Sneaky and the issue persists.

Maybe it's something to do with the newest nvidia drivers? But yea i tried adjusting it in the options.ini and everything, the number will change but the game stays the same brightness.

Either way, i just cranked the brightness up in nvidia control panel a bit and it's ok. Would be a little easier to adjust in game though.

Maybe I'll try reinstalling it.

EDIT: Just tried reinstalling Sneaky and the issue persists.
    Have you checked to see if your new NVidia driver has it's own setting that could be overriding what you set in game? My new AMD driver did that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    Have you checked to see if your new NVidia driver has it's own setting that could be overriding what you set in game? My new AMD driver did that to me.
    Nvidia control panel doesn't let you set a brightness level on a per game basis, there is however a general desktop color setting menu that let's you adjust the brightness for everything. This was the only way i could get the game to look brighter.

Sneaky Upgrader
    I am unable to adjust my brightness options at all, running the newest sneaky patch on windows 8.1. GTX 770.
    Make sure that the game has not been set to run in a compatibility mode - on my Win8.1 laptop even setting it to run in Win8 compatibility mode will break the brightness adjustment. Check both the T3.exe and T3Main.exe files, and any shortcuts you use to launch the game.

As bikerdude mentions it's been fixed once, where it was caused by the SU enforcing a compatibility mode to help with another issue (which has been properly fixed now).

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Make sure that the game has not been set to run in a compatibility mode - on my Win8.1 laptop even setting it to run in Win8 compatibility mode will break the brightness adjustment. Check both the T3.exe and T3Main.exe files, and any shortcuts you use to launch the game.

As bikerdude mentions it's been fixed once, where it was caused by the SU enforcing a compatibility mode to help with another issue (which has been properly fixed now).
    Thank you dude! That was indeed the issue, I had T3main set to windows xp, everything is working fine now.

Nvidia control panel doesn't let you set a brightness level on a per game basis, there is however a general desktop color setting menu that let's you adjust the brightness for everything. This was the only way i could get the game to look brighter.
    Actually, I was commenting that my control panel has a small little check box that basically says "override any other setting I may use" for 3D games. It forced all my games to use the main setting and not their own. But that wasn't your issue after all Glad to see you have it fixed.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yet another bugfix release, 1.1.3.3. This one is mostly about the keybinds setup screen:

The original game could crash when binding input from an analogue controller. There were two related crashes, one would happen when binding one of the Interact or Use entries, the other when binding e.g. Right while the line for Left was off-screen. Both should be fixed now. Thanks to DJ Riff and lowenz for testing.

There was another original, controller related weirdness: Binding e.g. Forward to analogue input will cause Backward to be bound as well, to the opposite direction. If you bound the pair by clicking Forward and moving the stick forward, then it would be set up correctly. But if instead you clicked on Backward and moved the stick backward, then the directions would be swapped in-game. This has also fixed.

The old problem with the mouse position being off for the keybinds screen in widescreen display modes, and the recent problem with the ClassicSpeed option breaking keyboard lockpicking have been fixed as well.

It seems there's more trouble with Steam - when in offline mode on Vista there will be an immediate crash on launch, apparently it's the Steam version of T3.exe crashing. It couldn't be reproduced on Win8.1. I've added some more notes for Steam users to the first post.
    Last edited by snobel; 8th Apr 2014 at 06:15.
    Widescreen and tweaks patches: The Sneaky Upgrade for Thief 3, the Visible Upgrade for Deus Ex 2

Yet another bugfix release, 1.1.3.3. This one is mostly about the keybinds setup screen:

The original game could crash when binding input from an analogue controller. There were two related crashes, one would happen when binding one of the Interact or Use entries, the other when binding e.g. Right while the line for Left was off-screen. Both should be fixed now.

There was another original, controller related weirdness: Binding e.g. Forward to analogue input will cause Backward to be bound as well, to the opposite direction. If you bound the pair by clicking Forward and moving the stick forward, then it would be set up correctly. But if instead you clicked on Backward and moved the stick backward, then the directions would be swapped in-game. This has also fixed.

The old problem with the mouse position being off for the keybinds screen in widescreen display modes, and the recent problem with the ClassicSpeed option breaking keyboard lockpicking have been fixed as well.

It seems there's more trouble with Steam - when in offline mode on Vista there will be an immediate crash on launch, apparently it's the Steam version of T3.exe crashing. It couldn't be reproduced on Win8.1. I've added some more notes for Steam users to the first post.
    Awesome dude, it amazing how much work you put into making this such a polished release. Gonna try it out with my 360 pad now.

EDIT: Tried my 360 pad and it works fine, apart from the analog triggers which is understandable as no old games recognize those things, and best of all it's not crashing the game anymore. Although either way i'm sticking to my Xpadder config since it lets me use the analog trigger correctly, and i have a weird "hold RB to go to previous weapon" function on it. Since all the other mappings take up every button on the controller, and no room for a dedicated previous weapon button.
    Last edited by decayedmatter; 26th Mar 2014 at 12:40.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Thanks!

Tried my 360 pad and it works fine, apart from the analog triggers which is understandable as no old games recognize those things
    Just typical that the cheap supposedly-XBox360-ish gamepad I got on Ebay to test this doesn't have those analogue triggers.

Thanks!

Just typical that the cheap supposedly-XBox360-ish gamepad I got on Ebay to test this doesn't have those analogue triggers.
    How hard would it be to make this kinda patch for Deus Ex Invisible War? That game still has some issues running on windows 8 like Thief used to, such as cutting to the desktop everytime a level load occurs. Kinda annoying.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Porting all the patches that make sense for DX2 would probably not be that hard, only quite time consuming. But on Win8 the desktop thing should be fixed with a DX2 Ion Launcher with the small patch from the T3 version. Rename the one in the System folder, then copy in this one. Win7 and Vista users would need to also disable the Aero stuff.

Porting all the patches that make sense for DX2 would probably not be that hard, only quite time consuming. But on Win8 the desktop thing should be fixed with a DX2 Ion Launcher with the small patch from the T3 version. Rename the one in the System folder, then copy in this one. Win7 and Vista users would need to also disable the Aero stuff.
    Thanks man, that pretty much fixed it, although now instead of going to the desktop theres this all whire screen before the load screen, is that how it's supposed to look? Would've preferred black haha. Oh well i guess it's better than going to the desktop for5 seconds.

Sneaky Upgrader
    What, you get a white screen?! It's supposed to be black, and that's what I get. I'll have a look again but it's weird if you get a white screen in DX2 and a black screen in T3, because it's the same fix.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Minor screwup... Try this instead.

Minor screwup... Try this instead.
    Tried again and it's still happening, did a short video of the issue.

Could it be because i'm running the unified texture pack for it?

Sneaky Upgrader
    That white screen is in DX2Main.exe, not Ion Launcher. You'll notice that you get it on startup too, before the short movies, and Ion Launcher is not involved until you start a new game or load a savegame - and then it'll relaunch DX2Main so you get the same white screen again.

I don't think it's meant to be white when everything else has a black background. I'll see if it's an easy fix. At least the texture pack is not to blame.

Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631364146515661 ... LastLast