TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192429343944495459 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Okay new issue, my save games are just disappearing for some reason.
    Every time I start the game, the Load option is greyed out. WTF?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Are you playing the original game, T3 Gold or FMs?

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Are you playing the original game, T3 Gold or FMs?
    Thief 3 Gold.

Because you'd look like this:

The 'flat frob' shader used by the MP unfortunately affects quite a few things apart from the frob highlight but it's mostly visible on Garrett. T3 Gold may eventually get these things sorted out.
    Ah that makes more sense, thank you.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
    Thief 3 Gold.
    OK. In the start menu, find the Sneaky Upgrade program group, then open Local Folders / Savegames. Go up one level. There should be a folder there named SaveGames-T3G-1.1beta. Open that, then open one of the subfolders and check if there is a file there named SaveGame.txt? Does it contain the text "T3G-1.1beta"?

If you disable T3G, can you play the original game without having the savegames disappear?

Also, which version of the game do you have, and what Windows version?

Okay I checked but there's no txt file in there:

Also using Windows 7 32bit Professional, Steam version of Thief 3.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Hmm... That's a bug - I'll have to investigate... In the mean time, go back to Local Folders / Installed Mods in the start menu, open Thief 3 Gold, then open the file SneakyOptions_diff.ini and remove everything in the Mods and Testing sections. Then the saves will go into the usual SaveGames folder - rename the current one (if any), then rename SaveGames-T3G-1.1beta to SaveGames and they should be found.

There was a suspicion that the endgame bug in T3G was caused by people using savegames from previous versions, so a version check was put in to try and avoid that. Had a feeling it would come back to bite me, though.

Hmm... That's a bug - I'll have to investigate... In the mean time, go back to Local Folders / Installed Mods in the start menu, open Thief 3 Gold, then open the file SneakyOptions_diff.ini and remove everything in the Mods and Testing sections. Then the saves will go into the usual SaveGames folder - rename the current one (if any), then rename SaveGames-T3G-1.1beta to SaveGames and they should be found.

There was a suspicion that the endgame bug in T3G was caused by people using savegames from previous versions, so a version check was put in to try and avoid that. Had a feeling it would come back to bite me, though.
    Would it help to run the T3.exe as Administrator?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes, it might. You can try it - if it works, then it's probably a permissions problem. Just don't make it run in a compatibility mode, those have strange side effects...

Sneaky Upgrader
    I've fixed this stuff before, how it managed to not make it into the final 1.1.4 is a mystery.

Would you mind trying out this beta to verify that the issue is fixed?

Uninstall the current SU - when the uninstaller asks whether to uninstall the mods, be sure to answer No. Restore the text below if you changed the SneakyOptions_diff.ini file. Then install the beta.

Code:
    [Mods]
    ShortName=T3G
    Version=1.1beta
    ModInfoInVersionText=true

[Testing]
    RefreshSaveIndex=true
    New saves should then show up. For the old saves you'll have to create a SaveGame.txt file in each subfolder, containing the text "T3G-1.1beta"

I've fixed this stuff before, how it managed to not make it into the final 1.1.4 is a mystery.

Would you mind trying out this beta to verify that the issue is fixed?

Uninstall the current SU - when the uninstaller asks whether to uninstall the mods, be sure to answer No. Restore the text below if you changed the SneakyOptions_diff.ini file. Then install the beta.
    Okay I did this and it's working now, thank you

This update also fixed my save game issues, thanks.

New update definetly fixed for me v-sync problems with lockpicking and ladders(thanks to refresh option).Also i have no desktop showing on loading screens.Thanks for this Snobel!

Sneaky Upgrader
    You're welcome, thanks for reporting back.

The 1.1.4.1 bugfix release is out. Everybody who installed 1.1.4 should update. Thanks to AluminumHaste and Depili for trying out the beta.

As there's no change to the contents of the mods you can update using the Standard Edition (linked to above): Uninstall the old version, make sure to retain the mods when asked. Then install 1.1.4.1 Standard.

This release should hopefully fix the issues with savegames disappearing between sessions when T3 Gold is enabled.

Btw How FOV factor is working?What value should i have for 16:10 monitor?

Sneaky Upgrader
    The FOV is adjusted for aspect ratio automatically, as you can see from the screenshots in the first post. Using the option you can tweak it beyond that, to suit your personal preference - just experiment a bit. If you absolutely must use a specific value in degrees, then that's possible too, but that option is not exposed in the tweaker.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Thanks!

Sneaky Upgrader
    Finally got this thing up on Mod DB.

1. Does this offer the option to modify or remove the weird, oblong, immersion breaking blue arrow trail? I don't seem to see an option for it.

Just an idea for fixing something here: I was just watching this walkthrough and noticed it looks like some normal maps or bump maps look reversed in this map.

Here it is on the right at 3:31.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...CE0155A5#t=211

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by noisycricket View Post
    Does this offer the option to modify or remove the weird, oblong, immersion breaking blue arrow trail? I don't seem to see an option for it.
    There's no option in the SU itself but there's an option in John P's textures for a much more subtle trail. The Minimalist Project mod will remove it completely.

Just an idea for fixing something here: I was just watching this walkthrough and noticed it looks like some normal maps or bump maps look reversed in this map.
    Stuff like that is not for this project but could be fixed in T3 Gold.

I don't known if this guy is using JohnP textures, but at least for me the normal map of the high-res texture looks right.

Hey, I've been playing through the series with these new updates with NewDark and now TDS Gold and the sneaky upgrade for the first time. The OpenAl EAX in Thief 1 and 2 is incredible, but I have never once gotten EAX to work with Deadly Shadows, even though I have a Creative X-Fi sound card. Is there any way to get EAX to work with TDS?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Replacing EAX with OpenAL has been on the to-do list for a long time. Unfortunately it's quite an undertaking, when working at the binary level.

I don't have an EAX capable sound card, and I've tried a couple of times - in vain - to get Alchemy Universal working. So a first stop could be to try and figure out why the game doesn't recognize Alchemy as valid EAX.

Well, getting better sound doesn't seem to matter really. After playing for a few hours now, I've noticed that this patch has increased the probability of the good ol' "floating Garrett glitch" occurring about 100x. If you don't mantle up obstaces in a very specific way, Garrett always gets stuck in the air. Basically the game is vanilla in reverse. It used to be very hard to replicate the circumstances that cause Garrett to float. Now it's equally difficult to play the game without triggering that glitch.

The ghost difficulty in the minimalist project that is included in the patch is also bugged. The miners and pagans who get into a fight in the Sanctuary produce more dead bodies than the objective restrictions allow to be discovered. It doesn't matter that the player had nothing to do with it. I just quit the game now because I got a random game over halfway into the mission because of those bodies in the beginning. I didn't knock out or kill anyone. It gave me horrific flashbacks to the abominable Hitman Absolution, that gave you extra stealth points for hiding the bodies of people that your enemies killed or assassination targets that were killed by "accidents".

Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192429343944495459 ... LastLast