TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819202122232429343944495459 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Quick question since Im new here. How is the gamepad support, is the movement analogue and is the aiming smooth as the XBOX versions?
    Last edited by Oemenia; 15th Mar 2015 at 14:33.

Sneaky Upgrader
    The movement is analogue. I don't know the Xbox version so I can't say how smooth the aiming is by comparison. (I'm strictly mouse/keyboard myself and find it somewhat harder to aim when using a gamepad.)

Gamepad support in general is at least quite a bit better than in the unpatched PC version. Search the first post for "gamepad" and "controller" to see what's changed. Most importantly there are no crashes anymore when binding analogue input and Xbox360 controllers are working now. You'll also find a page for gamepad settings in the tweak tool.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    The movement is analogue. I don't know the Xbox version so I can't say how smooth the aiming is by comparison. (I'm strictly mouse/keyboard myself and find it somewhat harder to aim when using a gamepad.)

Gamepad support in general is at least quite a bit better than in the unpatched PC version. Search the first post for "gamepad" and "controller" to see what's changed. Most importantly there are no crashes anymore when binding analogue input and Xbox360 controllers are working now. You'll also find a page for gamepad settings in the tweak tool.
    Thanks for replying, it just that its a big thing which few people are talking about so I didn't assume it was major.

Huge thanks, been waiting to play this game again for years, controller and widescreen supports means I now can!

I have come across a few frozen AI in my playthrough. In the Pagan mission, in the Keeper Compound. Is this a known issue?

While I am at it, I know that they randomise some guard voices so the same guard might have a different voice on one playthrough than on another, but is it normal for a guard with an established-in-that-playthough voice to then change their voice in the same playthrough?

In the City when you leave your apartment and Benny + Dan Thron guard are having a conversation about Benny's injury , the conversation ends and one of them walks off towards the map transition point for Stone Market, but when I follow close to him he is muttering in a different guard voice altogether, neither Benny nor DT? Again, a known thing?

Or its possible I suppose that a third guard might have just appeared at the end of their conversation and I wrongly thought it was one of them two.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    I have come across a few frozen AI in my playthrough. In the Pagan mission, in the Keeper Compound. Is this a known issue?
    Original or Gold? If you have savegames nearby, please upload...

As for the voice mismatch, I vaguely remember encountering something similar. Maybe they didn't bother keeping track of which guards were in which conversations?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Version 1.1.5.1 is out - fixing three issues.

The mouse cursor fix is in, now minus the white pixel from the pre-release. The threshold for activation has changed so that by default the fix is active at 144 DPI / 150% and higher. Thanks to swaaye for the initial work-around and to Cigam for testing.

There was an original issue, where using the in-game multisampling option could crash the game. (Setting 3 in my case.) It was fixed previously, but an oversight meant that the fix had no effect. Now the fix has been fixed... Note that the 'fix' is just falling back to no multisampling (setting 1) but at least there's no crash.

When running on Wine (Mac/Linux) there was a weird issue, which caused the game's initial launch (to the menu) to look for the options files in the wrong place - now fixed, but the installer has a couple of issues still. Some notes for Wine users have been added to the first post.

The mods are unchanged, so getting the standard edition is enough for an update.
    Widescreen and tweaks patches: The Sneaky Upgrade for Thief 3, the Visible Upgrade for Deus Ex 2

Original or Gold? If you have savegames nearby, please upload...
    Gold + all the other "fat" mods. Not sure what the saves will tell you since when I reloaded the frozen pagans where active again. If an when it happens again I will see if I can get a save.

On another note, is it my imagination that there seems to be no way to adjust mouse speed? Can't seem to find a slider anywhere.

And finally, is it possible to increase the message timelength duration? It seems that whenever I pick some loot and want to check what percentage this brings me up to, the message at the bottom left flashes by in about 1 second. Yes I know I could go into the menu but still, since the message is appearing it would be easier to be able to read it.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    Gold + all the other "fat" mods. Not sure what the saves will tell you since when I reloaded the frozen pagans where active again. If an when it happens again I will see if I can get a save.
    If they're still frozen after loading, otherwise there's not much point.

On another note, is it my imagination that there seems to be no way to adjust mouse speed? Can't seem to find a slider anywhere.
    See this post. The default value is 50, IIRC. Back when you had to manually edit SneakyOptions.ini adding single-entry tweaks like this didn't make much sense. But now that the GUI is in place, this one should definitely be added.

And finally, is it possible to increase the message timelength duration? It seems that whenever I pick some loot and want to check what percentage this brings me up to, the message at the bottom left flashes by in about 1 second.
    For the duration of loot pick-up messages, change this setting in System\T3UI.ini - the MP version, since you have it enabled:
    Code:
    [PickupWindow]
    FadeTime=5
    This value is the original, it's quite likely lower in the MP.

Regarding mouse sensitivity I take it then that the developers never even included one that was accessible in-game. Seems a bit odd.

On the message fade I went to the setting you suggested and it was set at 1.4. Changing it to 4 gives me what I am after, so thanks for that.

Finally, On the first visit to the Keeper Library where you can finally attack the Keepers, one near the start goes down from a blackjacking but then his body cannot be picked up. I tried killing him to see if I could then pick him up but while arrows drew blood there was no scream and I still could not pick him up. This persists after saving and reloading. A known issue?

Sneaky Upgrader
    That would be one for Beleg to check out, although it may well be an original issue. Please hold onto a save in case it turns out to be needed...

I'm not sure whether I'll have time to look into that before Easter or not, but I'll keep it in mind.

Hello. I know you can disable intro movies but is it possible to stop the menu movie playing? If you leave the game menu untouched for a short length of time it starts playing a video but I would prefer it to just stay on the menu?

Sneaky Upgrader
    In (the MP version of) Default.ini, find the line starting with Window_24__t and comment it out. (Place a semicolon in front.) The T3 logo animation will still repeat, though. I'm sure there's a more elegant way, but I forget how.

Edit: The value I was thinking of is Attract_Mode_Intro_Timeout in T3UI.ini. You can't disable as such, but you can set it to something ridiculously large, like 2 billion seconds.
    Last edited by snobel; 3rd Apr 2015 at 13:25.

Hey Snobel, very minor issue here, not very important cause it affects the game ONLY using ReShade ( http://reshade.me/ )

Look at the missing text and artifacts: http://s9.postimg.org/55n1vsdv1/T3_M...1_18_02_56.png

Maybe you can do something? I think it's related to how the engine handles the 2D objects (texts, letters, books, maps, etc.).....Deus Ex IW doesn't have this problem. Other than this issue ReShade wrapping to D3D9 is perfect.
    Last edited by lowenz; 5th Apr 2015 at 12:32.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Interesting issue. It's probably doubtful that I can do anything about it, at least in the short term. Tracking down DX stuff in the binary is painful, although there's text involved here, which might help.

But I checked out ReShade just now, and apparently they've just open sourced the 8-to-9 wrapper, which is very interesting. So thanks for posting this. We'll see if anything comes of it in the long term.

Maybe post that screenshot and a link to the T3 demo on their troubleshooting forum?

Interesting issue. It's probably doubtful that I can do anything about it, at least in the short term. Tracking down DX stuff in the binary is painful, although there's text involved here, which might help.

But I checked out ReShade just now, and apparently they've just open sourced the 8-to-9 wrapper, which is very interesting. So thanks for posting this. We'll see if anything comes of it in the long term.

Maybe post that screenshot and a link to the T3 demo on their troubleshooting forum?
    Already done weeks ago!
    http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshoot...deadly-shadows

Big Boss Crosire dixit: "Tried to run it with the D3D8/9 debug runtimes and it failed big time, reported a huge amount of errors on what the game does wrong (the game alone, wasn't using ReShade) and the screen looked worse. It runs with the release runtime, but that means they rely on so much undefined behaviour, it's basically impossible to wrap it to D3D9 without fixing those game bugs before. But since ReShade is a generic injector, that's something that would need to be done separatly."

Sneaky Upgrader
    That's discouraging - fixing things without source code for the game is probably not feasible, then. Still going to have a look at that wrapper, though.

Just logged back in here cause I got an itch for some Thief 3, and wanted to update my sneaky upgrade version. Just wanted to say awesome job on the gamepad support! It's even better than the last time I was here. Didn't expect to be named as a tester I feel like I didn't do a whole lot. But anyways, fine job as usual. Gonna try it out now.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Well, you did help test the hold modifier stuff etc. Feedback on the mouse emulation would be welcome too. I'm not a gamepad user myself, so I don't really know what to expect...

Would you happen to know if Xbox One controllers work with the game?

Well, you did help test the hold modifier stuff etc. Feedback on the mouse emulation would be welcome too. I'm not a gamepad user myself, so I don't really know what to expect...

Would you happen to know if Xbox One controllers work with the game?
    I will report back when I tested it out. I would assume Xbone controllers would work since they use Xinput pretty sure, don't own one myself though.

options in sneakytweaker greyed out

Hi there,
    It's been years since I played thief, any ideas on the following. I installed the sneaky upgrade and when I run sneakytweaker the following options are greyed out:

collective texture pack
    minimalist project
    thief 3 gold
    briefing videos.

I can change options listed under the sneaky upgrade,

Any ideas?
    Last edited by strangeloop; 26th Apr 2015 at 15:57.

Sneaky Upgrader
    I assume you did get the Fat Edition and didn't deselect the mods during installation? Did you specify a custom path for mod installation?

Locate the Sneaky Upgrade program group in the start menu, go to Local Folders and select Installed Mods - do you have four folders there, and do they have the names you posted?

If the folders are there but have weird names (a random string appended to the names) then rename them to restore the proper names.

If the four folders are missing then try reinstalling the Sneaky Upgrade. Make a note if you're asked whether to keep currently installed mods and answer no to that. Post again if reinstalling doesn't fix it.

I assume you did get the Fat Edition and didn't deselect the mods during installation? Did you specify a custom path for mod installation?

Locate the Sneaky Upgrade program group in the start menu, go to Local Folders and select Installed Mods - do you have four folders there, and do they have the names you posted?

If the folders are there but have weird names (a random string appended to the names) then rename them to restore the proper names.

If the four folders are missing then try reinstalling the Sneaky Upgrade. Make a note if you're asked whether to keep currently installed mods and answer no to that. Post again if reinstalling doesn't fix it.
    Thanks snobel, the four local folders are missing....Thanks for the help, I'll reinstall!!!

I just installed the fat edition and problem solved! Thanks snobel.

Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819202122232429343944495459 ... LastLast