TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 49141924252627282930313233343944495459 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes, choose a resolution which matches your screen aspect ratio. If that doesn't help, post again.

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Another thing is the inside of buildings look foggy.
    On the Tweaks page of the SneakyTweaker tool there's a Fog Factor setting - did you change that? If you did, set it back to 1.0. If you didn't, you can use it to decrease the fog by setting it to a value below 1.0. You have to reload the map to see the effect.

Also, the mouse movements are too quick. [...] Forgot to ask if T3 has to be played with the cd
    The mouse movement may be a side effect of the resolution issue. If you get that fixed and the mouse is still too sensitive, install the beta, which has a tweak for mouse sensivity. It will also let you run T3 without the CD, because you can start the main game exe directly.

To install the beta just download and run the installer. If you're asked whether to uninstall the mods, just click No.

I found the resolution slider ingame, fixed the mouse automatically when I did the res.
    Found the fog thingy.

Also would like to know how to go past the loading screens, like when the logos show up, usually by clicking on the screen with my mouse will click me on to the next part, but my mouse is unclickable, so I have to wait for each logo to fully load and then move on.
    Another thing, just before the mission starts to load, the game will go to the desktop briefly, then goes back to loading.

When I click on the beta to download it, it needs to uninstall the previous one, I had installed the fat sneaky upgrade, that will remove the extra stuff won't it?

Also would like to know how to go past the loading screens, like when the logos show up, usually by clicking on the screen with my mouse will click me on to the next part, but my mouse is unclickable, so I have to wait for each logo to fully load and then move on.
    Another thing, just before the mission starts to load, the game will go to the desktop briefly, then goes back to loading.
    that is normal behaviour

Sneaky Upgrader
    I found the resolution slider ingame, fixed the mouse automatically when I did the res.
    Found the fog thingy.
    Good.

If by logos you mean the short videos that appear when you start from the desktop, then those can be disabled in the SneakyTweaker. (At the top of the Tweaks page, set Intro Movies to Off.) Btw. hitting the Esc key will skip each video.

Actually it is restarting itself. Is it more than a fraction of a second and if so, which version of Windows do you have?

When I click on the beta to download it, it needs to uninstall the previous one, I had installed the fat sneaky upgrade, that will remove the extra stuff won't it?
    That's why you must click No when asked whether to uninstall the mods. The only difference between Standard and Fat is the mods. So keeping them will give you the equivalent of a fat beta...

Awesome. Thanks so much for the help

Hi again, I downloaded the beta, everything went well, I kept the mods, but I'm still asked to insert the cd.

Edit: never mind...sorry.
    Last edited by llanita; 1st Feb 2016 at 15:36.

Sneaky Upgrader
    With the beta you can run either the patched or unpatched game from the same installation. You probably ran the unpatched game, which still requires the CD?

I just installed the beta Sneaky Upgrade. Isn't that the patch?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes, but after patching there's two sets of executable files in the game installation: If you run T3.exe you get the original, unpatched game. If you run Thief3.exe you get the patched version. There may be an original icon on your desktop, which will launch the unpatched game. Of course, avoid that and stick to the yellow/cyan/green icons you got with the Sneaky Upgrade.

I have another question. I'm playing a T3 fm and it's proving extremely hard, so I changed my setting to thief instead of expert, and I also changed the Sneaky UPgrade difficulty level to just under 1.0 the default level, it made no difference, tried lowering that number a couple of times more and no difference, I am now down to .50 and it's still not making any diff.
    The guards see/hear me to where I'm not getting anywhere and constantly having to reload.
    I do hit Apply after changing the settings.

Sneaky Upgrader
    If you exit and restart the tweak tool, do you see the value you set the last time? Try setting it to 0 first, then you should be ignored completely.

Would I have to restart the mission after tweaking? because I didn't do that.
    Also, I did set it down to 0.00 and the guards are still as alert as before changing the difficulty level

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes, you must restart every time you change something in the tweaker. The settings are read by the game only once, during startup. (It says so on the mod overview page, but I should probably rename it to "overview" and make it clear that it applies to the non-mod-related settings too.)

Edit: No need to start over, though - loading a save should do.

Ok , it's not working. I redid the difficulty settings, and I restarted the mission, and as soon as I dropped to the ground from the starting point, a guard not only heard me but saw me through the bush.
    I also changed the in-game setting to the second easiest, I normally play expert but this one is killing me. None of the difficulty settings in the SU have made a difference

Sneaky Upgrader
    What FM are you playing? Could you try the original game and see if the Difficulty Factor setting has an effect there?

Edit: From a screenshot you posted it looks like you have the Minimalist Project on? Then you need to change the difficulty in the Tweak Overrides page for the MP.
    Last edited by snobel; 6th Feb 2016 at 11:15.

I haven't posted any screenies. I just started playing Keeper T3. I've played hard missions before but this one is just too much for me on Expert. So I thought using the Sneaky Tweaker would make this mission much more enjoyable difficulty for me.
    I was playing Being Thief, before this, the screenie I posted was about an ongoing bug in T3.
    Not had that problem so far, but then I've just started this mission.

Sneaky Upgrader
    I can tell from the look of the light gem in that screenshot you posted that you had the Minimalist Project mod turned on at the time.

If that's still the case, the Difficulty Factor setting on the Tweaks page will have no effect. Go to the Tweak Overrides page for the Minimalist Project, there's a Difficulty Factor setting at the top of that page too. Change the value there instead.

hang on, I thought Minimalist Project was an fm. I've seen it on the forums but never paid any attention to it.
    Where would the Minimalist Project be at? Because I've never downloaded it, unless it's mixed in with FMSel

EDIT:Bloody Hell we learn something new every day. I just looked for it on here and now I am educated. I looked in Sneaky Upgrade and there it was. Very cool. Now I'm off to check my settings.

Thanks a lot snobel, I really appreciate it
    Last edited by llanita; 6th Feb 2016 at 13:38.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Glad you got it figured out. The MP makes the game quite a bit harder and it uses the same (high) difficulty settings for all the play styles. So no wonder you were confused.

I see. So can Minimalist Project be disabled since it makes the missions harder, and just use the Sneaky Upgrade?

Edit: I really should try things first before posting (sigh) I looked through SU and found where I can disable Minimalist Project. Now if I play the fm minus Minimalist P, and just use the tweaks from SU, the game won't be harder right?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Right, but if the FM has a custom gamesys it's best to start over. (Which FM are you playing?)

As an alternative keep the MP on, turn down the difficulty in the tweaker but look out for any weirdness, because you're playing using the MP gamesys.

Right now I'm playing The Keeper. I will try just lowering the difficulty settings on MP, do I have disable the difficulty setting in TU?

Sneaky Upgrader
    If you mean the Difficulty Factor setting on the Tweaks page, then it's ignored while the MP is active. So you don't have to change it but it's probably best to set it back to 1.0 while you remember.

Delayed thanks snobel.

Where do the unzipped missions go? Because I can't find them. Like to and T2 missions get unzipped to a different folder, does T3 do the same?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes - by default they end up in a private folder, "C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed FMs". It's not really private, as you can find it through the SU program group in the start menu. (Look in "Local Folders".)

The SU installer lets you choose custom paths for most things. I'd recommend sticking to the defaults though, unless you have good reason to prefer something else.

Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 49141924252627282930313233343944495459 ... LastLast