TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 510152025262728293031323334354045505560 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Awesome, belated thanks again snobel.

If I may, is there a way to lower the music volume through SU? I"ve been looking but can't find a specific tweak for the music. I prefer the music to be in the background instead of competing with the ambient and voice sounds

Sneaky Upgrader
    No need for the SU here: In the game's options, if you scroll down a bit on the A/V tab, you'll find settings for both music and sound effects volume.

Got it thanks snobel. I have no idea why I never scrolled down. You'd think after all this time, it would be an automatic thing to do.

Now I have another problem.
    I can't get Garret to use his weapons. I can't use bow or the bj. All I touched was the voice/ambient sounds in-game. Other than that everything works. He's able to use the items with no problems

Sneaky Upgrader
    The most likely cause is that you were on the Inputs tab in the Options screen and happened to click on something in the keybinds table. The next click after that will likely assign the left mouse button to something other than "Use Weapon". If that's the cause, go there again to reassign it. Better first look through the table for "L-Mouse", because it may be necessary to also reassign a key to whatever the LMB got assigned to.

You were right lol..so embarrassing. I had no key assigned to Use Weapon.

Sneaky Upgrader
    1.1.6 is out. The changes listed here are relative to 1.1.5.2, not the beta from early December.

The installer:

• Thief 3 Gold and the Briefings are now activated by default
    • Fixed a bug which could cause the install paths for mods and FMs to be set wrong on Windows XP
    • Now bundles and installs the official VS2013 runtime
    • On Wine (Linux/Mac) the runtime DLLs are set native for Thief 3 automatically

The patched game now works out of the box on Wine. (Tested on Ubuntu 14.04 with Wine 1.8 pretending to be Windows XP.)

The game:

• Game launch now bypasses the launcher exe. This eliminates most Steam and GOG quirks
    • Window Mode option: Fullscreen, windowed or borderless windowed
    • New tweaks: Mouse sensitivity, run speed, gravity (separate tweak now) and ambient light
    • Fix for the in-game loot list showing wrong values and total in certain FMs
    • Option to allow attempted loading of savegames that are rejected as damaged by the game. (Not available in the tweaker)
    • Fixed a bug where FMs without either a User.ini or User_patch.ini file would not get settings copied in from the OM
      User.ini. Thanks to fortuni for reporting it
    • Fixed (hopefully) the game crashing on multisampling settings 2 and 4 on Windows 10

Please use the icon(s) installed by the patch to launch the game - any original shortcuts will still launch the original game, as a result of renaming the exe files to escape Steam and GOG interference. For the same reason GarrettLoader users need to do a bit of manual work, post-install. (It's possible that there'll be installer support for this later.)

The loot list fix is active only for FMs, and only when starting a new game. (Loading an old save will turn the fix off.) Because each type of loot only has one line in the list, the column originally showing per-item value is changed to show the total value for all items of that type. The header is then changed to show "Total" instead of "Value" so that's an easy way to tell if the fix is active.

No progress on the other Windows 10 issues (broken brightness and vsync).

The mods:

• Because gravity is now a separate tweak, the Minimalist Project now has a Gravity Factor override
    • Due to issues such as this, Minimalist is now disabled while playing FMs

If you currently have Minimalist active it's best to finish any in-progress FMs before updating.

A huge thank you to fortuni as the main tester this time! Both the loot list fix and the new tweaks are a result of his walkthrough writing project. In addition he's tested several beta versions very thoroughly - the loot list fix in particular.
    Last edited by snobel; 18th Feb 2016 at 11:24.

Thank you for your continuous support!

Awesome Snobel! Your tireless support is much appreciated. Thanks for all your work for the community!

To update I just download the new one and save it to the same place?

Sneaky Upgrader
    If by "save" you mean "install", then yes.

@AntiMatter_16, @Kristijonas: You're welcome - next up is the GarrAT animation tweaks.

I just installed this, and I'm blown away. It works flawlessly and I had a blast tweaking + playing T3 after a long time away from it. I wish to express my highest gratitude to everyone involved in this update. And to hear that the GarrAT animation tweaks are coming up made my day. Game mechanics wise those are my favorite. At least to me, leaning is practically worthless without them.

Kudos, and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    If by "save" you mean "install", then yes.

@AntiMatter_16, @Kristijonas: You're welcome - next up is the GarrAT animation tweaks.
    Yes I meant Install.. Thanks very much

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    next up is the GarrAT animation tweaks.
    So what is GarrAT animation tweaks?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Improved animations for Garrett, made by ascottk. Leaning is much improved - you can lean without falling off stuff.

I only discovered this mod fairly recently - there's a discontinuity in the bow-drawing as can be seen in the video, anybody know if that's how it's supposed to be? (It's the same when installed using the original installer as when used through the SU mod support, so probably yes. Just want to make sure I have the latest version...)

@atolonen: Glad you like it. A GarrAT beta should be out this week.

Sneaky Upgrader
    The fat beta with the GarrAT animation mod by ascottk is out. It's a full fat installer because that was easier... If you have the fat 1.1.6 installed, save some installation time by keeping the currently installed mods and unchecking them in the new installer.

In the SU incarnation of the Garrett Animation Tweaks mod it'll work not only with the original game but also with T3 Gold and (in principle) all FMs. Remember to enable the mod in the tweaker after installation.

In addition there's a new Display Number for Fullscreen setting in the tweaker, which can be used to start the game on another display than the primary. This feature is very much 'works for me', as it's only been tested on one laptop with two external displays. Feedback from multi-monitor users is welcome.

The game will now start in the current desktop resolution if the custom display mode is active and width and/or height has been set to zero. This mode is set automatically on Linux (Wine), where fullscreen resolution switching often doesn't work well.
    Last edited by snobel; 6th Jun 2016 at 03:42.

Loot glint distance & blue footprints

So I have to say, T3 is soo much more playable with SneakyUpgrade / Collective Textures / Minimalist / TGold missions, and with this SU Fat edition it is flawless; i never could get all 4 to work together and this does it for me.

Two things i noticed: the training mission has blue footprints and arrows. And Garrett's body mesh is present. This may be because the hex editing removed those two things, and with Steam I believe hexiding would cause the game to re-download the exe. Is that the reason?

Also, is the Loot glint distance hard-coded? or is that modifiable?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Enabling Minimalist will remove the footprints and arrow trails. But also enabling the texture pack will then bring them back in John P's toned-down versions (because John P textures take priority over MP textures, as they are higher up in the 'mod stack'). You can disable the arrow trail textures in the options for the CTP, which will bring back the MP version - i.e. no trails. But there's no option in the CTP for the footprints. Hopefully they'll go away when Beleg Cúthalion has had his way with the Inn mission...

I don't know about Garrett's mesh - none of the mods removed it in the original version, and so they don't either in the SU incarnation. (Would be a nice feature, though. Maybe there's a mesh-removing mod that I've overlooked?)

As for Steam, the SU doesn't modify any files anymore, but it does copy a bunch of new files into the game installation. Steam shouldn't interfere with that, as long as you don't ask it to. (Don't 'validate the game cache' or whatever.)

As far as I know, loot glint distance is a per-item thing, which makes it hard to manipulate. With both CTP and MP enabled you get subtle glint, and only when the item has frob focus - which is quite ideal, I think.

Very good! I had never really tried out the GarrAT tweak before, although I had heard it mentioned. It completely fixes leaning! I can lean without being stabbed with a sword shortly after. Thanks for including this mod, the game really benefits from its presence.

Schweet! Thank you so very, very much. The animation tweaks are working great here, and they make the controls so much better for my playing style. The leaning and turning is how it should be now, it works with T3 Gold, and I'm especially happy if it carries over to the FMs too (I haven't tried any FMs yet, so I can't give you feedback on those).

I installed this new beta on top of my existing fat 1.1.6 installation (and let the installer remove 1.1.6 as it wanted to do). Everything worked nicely, and it kept my previous configuration (when I selected that it should do so in the installer). The only configuration that was reset was the John's Texture one, but configuring that again wasn't a hassle.

Good work.
    Download my Thiefy Music (creative commons, free to use, edit, etc. in non-profit projects)

Sneaky Upgrader
    Thanks for feedback. It should work with FMs as long as the FM doesn't do its own changes to the Garrett animations. (The video example above is from Abandoned Kingdom.)

Reinstalling a mod will reset the configuration - another reason it's better to keep the currently installed mods and only reinstall those that are new or changed. I'd like to make the installer smart enough to handle this, but no time so far for such luxuries...

That looks promising.

IMO, there is another important thing, gameplay-wise – GarrettMesh behavior while changing direction, especially on narrow beams. If you walk on a beam, stop, turn around with the mouse, and then use the Walk or Run key, you'll make this swinging motion, as if your torso turned around but legs did not. And, of course, you will fall. That is serious design constraint for FMs – you basically can't have a player path narrower than a typical doorway (64 UUs). Do you think it is somehow possible to address this issue with GarrAT?

Sneaky Upgrader
    I think it's already improved to some extent - Garrett keeps his feet closer together while standing, making it easier to turn in place. But you still have to look down and make sure that you've turned your feet all the way before you start walking.

Maybe ascottk could have improved it further - if nothing else, then by removing 'body awareness' altogether - but apparently he's not around anymore. Also, he posted somewhere that he lost the source files. (There are some .max files still available but I don't know how much you can do with those?)

After installing the mod whenever I play it says I am not in game on steam, is there any way to fix this?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Is that a message you get from Steam? If so, does it appear only after some time playing?

It's true that you bypass Steam when you launch the game through the new desktop icons. I've never seen Steam complain about that, but then I only use the Steam version of the game for testing.

In any case, shutting down Steam while playing should get rid of messages...

i think he wants to enable the steam overlay during the game so steam tracks the amount of time he plays. which isnt really possible since you need to launch the game through steam for that. (which wont run fmloaders or custom .exes)

Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 510152025262728293031323334354045505560 ... LastLast