TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 510152025303536373839404142434445505560 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1518

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Sorry I could be mistaken. I do remember them being described in one of the games as 'the invisible hand', and also wasn't their "symbol" in the game a big hand holding the Globe? But that could just be more of a secondary "nickname" or just a description of how they operate, rather than a direct meaning as I suggested. No offence to any real Illuminati

Perhaps I'll change my suggestion to "The Invisible Hand Upgrade"
    Last edited by Cigam; 16th Sep 2016 at 12:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    Sorry I could be mistaken. I do remember them being described in one of the games as 'the invisible hand', and also wasn't their "symbol" in the game a big hand holding the Globe?
    Wasn't that statue part of the Majestic 12 base? Bob Page has that great introduction monologue about Aquinas next to the statue in the first game, I believe.

Aye, but...MJ12 were the Illuminati.

Realise I may have given a slight spoiler earlier to those who have not played Deus Ex. Sorry about that. Think I'll quit talking about it now except to say, yes that was great opening.
    Last edited by Cigam; 16th Sep 2016 at 12:17.

"Illuminati" is italian/latin for "Enlightened Ones".

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity View Post
    Anyone have any idea how to minimize the chances of getting the floating Garrett glitch when jumping? Ever since installing this patch I've been getting the glitch about 50x more frequently than before. Basically whenever I jump or mantle there's a 60% chance that the animation gets stuck.
    You're not the first to report that. If I'm ever able to reproduce it I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    *the mouse sens. setting is saved in.....the save files (not in user.ini)
    *the visually terrible crosshair is hardcoded in the exe (YES), it's not a resource
    *the (stupid) compass keeps on showing up at every level/save loading, no matter the value in the ini set to turn if off
    Those sound fixable, although tracking down the crosshair code may be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    I know I've mentioned it before, but the biggest issue with DE2 is the immobile cursor at high system DPIs. Having to change DPI back and forth for each DE2 session was much worse than not having widescreen or anyother issue I can remember from my 2014 playthroughs. The second biggest being the very jarring return to desktop when you loaded or changed maps, or whatever the trigger for this was.
    Both of those issues are shared with T3, so hopefully fixes can be ported.

Perhaps I'll change my suggestion to "The Invisible Hand Upgrade"
    That's too long. But The Handy Upgrade would be nice and subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    That's too long. But The Handy Upgrade would be nice and subtle.
    And very confusing to German players. :P

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes, I'd hate to have to mod an iPhone 7 in there...

Sneaky Upgrader
    I've skimmed this thread for DX:IW stuff and made a new thread over in the Deus Ex camp - better take the discussion there. Teaser: Crosshairs transplant.
    Last edited by snobel; 19th Sep 2016 at 06:23.

You're not the first to report that. If I'm ever able to reproduce it I'll look into it.
    FYI I might be a special case with the Floating Garrett glitch if it's really related to framerates, because I'm playing on a 144Hz display. I have used the configs to limit it to 60fps but it still might be related.

Sneaky Upgrader
    What values do you have for the frame rate and refresh rate limit - 60 for both? Actually, the defaults (90 and 85) should work fine. Did you find that they didn't?

What values do you have for the frame rate and refresh rate limit - 60 for both? Actually, the defaults (90 and 85) should work fine. Did you find that they didn't?
    I set 60 for both because I wanted to do recording with Shadowplay -which has a tendency to make variable framerate videos that can't be used in editing if you don't limit the rates.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Try setting the frame rate limit back to 90 (but leave the refresh rate limit at 60) and see if it makes a difference, floating-wise. There may be an edge case if the frame rate is limited to the current display rate exactly. And when you limit the refresh rate and have vsync* on - which I guess you have? - then setting the frame rate limit to a higher value should just mean that the frame rate limiter never becomes active.

*If you're on Windows 10, then vsync won't work unless you use dgVoodoo and the latest SU beta.

I never use vsync because my eyes ignore screen tearing for some reason. (and when a game actually runs at 144fps, it's impossible to see anyway) I'll try your suggestion.

UPDATE: I tried it out. Didn't see any difference. I can still reproduce the glitch very reliably.
    Last edited by Platinumoxicity; 22nd Sep 2016 at 07:53.

The installer has been frozen for the last 15 minutes on the 'CC runtime' installation for me:

Eventually it got through, but now my T3 no longer works, I get this message:

Sneaky Upgrader
    So apparently installing the runtime failed. Try installing it manually (the x86 version).

Usually when the installation fails it's because of virus checker interference or random file locks. So if you have further problems try rebooting, then temporarily disable AV and reinstall.

Thanks. I tried disabling Avg, but it didn't work, still hangs with the manual install. Ah well.
    I reinstalled T3 and the MP, and now the menus line up at least

Sneaky Upgrader
    Hmm, maybe I should listen to advice and start linking statically. But it's weird that an official MS installer would hang.

Snobel: *singing* All DLL may go to hell .

I read it might be a conflict issue with AVG itself on various forums. I'd removed AVG entirely a while back because the updates stopped working, but it caused a lot of issues (my pc wouldn't get past the Windows splash screen, until I let a pending Scandisk run through, and I had a bsod too).

Hmm, maybe I should listen to advice and start linking statically.
    That would be amazing

Lastest beta solved the "85 Hz" issue with 1920x1080 mode. No more need to set to 0 Hz via tweaker.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by MoroseTroll View Post
    *singing* All DLL may go to hell .
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    That would be amazing
    There is an alternative: Building everything using GCC... Could do both, of course, for a complete MS dependency purge.

Lastest beta solved the "85 Hz" issue with 1920x1080 mode. No more need to set to 0 Hz via tweaker.
    That's good to hear - got to check it out.

Is it possible to enable Steam overlay with Sneaky Upgrade (to make juicy screenshots)?
    Also, how vsync work with SU? Ingame vsync don't work i think (fps counter shows 90), forced vsync through nvidia control panel don't help much. Should i limit max framerate and max refresh rate through SneakyTweaker to 60? Movement still feels a little jerky (but much better when it was 90 fps)..
    Last edited by KainXVIII; 29th Sep 2016 at 05:13.

Quote Originally Posted by KainXVIII View Post
    Is it possible to enable Steam overlay with Sneaky Upgrade (to make juicy screenshots)?
    Also, how vsync work with SU? Ingame vsync don't work i think (fps counter shows 90), forced vsync through nvidia control panel don't help much. Should i limit max framerate and max refresh rate through SneakyTweaker to 60? Movement still feels a little jerky (but much better when it was 90 fps)..
    Use dgVoodoo2 and you'll get VSync working.

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2.html

Use dgVoodoo2 and you'll get VSync working.

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2.html
    Yes, its work for me too. But i think its a little extreme to install directx wrapper just for working vsync, i hope its not give me some other issues

Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 510152025303536373839404142434445505560 ... LastLast