TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 611162126313637383940414243444546515661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1540

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

It's a Win8-8.1-10 *general* problem with DX<9 applications.

The wrapper is needed to access VSync function.

Is there a way to speed up (or sync?) subtitles? They lagging behind spoken voices (like guards talking etc..)?
    Upd - sorry, my mistake, i installed russian translation wrong way, now all works fine =) Apart from stuttering of course..
    Last edited by KainXVIII; 1st Oct 2016 at 04:30.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Here's a plan: Some of the SU code could really do with a rewrite. So I'm going to use the clean slate of the DX:IW project to clean up or rewrite those parts, then eventually port them back to the SU. Both games benefit that way.

This also means that a name may be needed sooner than expected, so the poll is up - if you remember DX:IW fondly, please vote.

Quote Originally Posted by KainXVIII View Post
    Is it possible to enable Steam overlay with Sneaky Upgrade (to make juicy screenshots)?
    Someone got it working before, I think. Try searching the thread. What makes those screeshots particularly juicy?

If you have some time to check this little bug, maybe it's due to Sneaky UpdgradeS to Thief (with dgVoodoo2)

http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshoot...upgraded-crash

ReShade 3 binaries: http://reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_3.0.0.exe
    Lastest Shaders: https://github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders

I can confim with an example:
    If I load LumaSharpen (which I know having NO issues by itself ) as shader 22 Thief DS crashes @start.
    If I load LumaSharpen as shader 21 Thief DS works with no problem

tested with new package (updated some minutes ago).

Sneaky Upgrader
    Are you saying there's a hard upper limit to the number of shaders you can load? Have you tried running the original game? ("T3.exe -orig".) Would be good to know if it's a SU 'feature' or an original limit.

Yes.
    Original is working.

Any news?

Question: Snobel, is it possible to expose to dgVoodoo2+ReShade the depth buffer of Thief DS (Deus Ex IW) to apply depth effects like MXAO ( http://reshade.me/forum/shader-prese...e-mxao-with-il ) ?
    If you can enable the access it could have awesome implications.

Sneaky Upgrader
    I'm currently setting up the DX2 project and porting the first patches. But I can have a look when I come out of DX2 mode.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    when I come out of DX2 mode.
    Nice one !

Is there any chance to make a patch that can emulate the EAX and environmental audio processing of TDS in modern systems like what TafferPatcher does with Thief 1 and 2? If you would manage that, then Thi4f would truly be an embarrassment with its atrocious audio design.

AFAIK, it's New Dark, not TafferPatcher or TFix, is responsible for the EAX and environmental support in Thief 1 & 2. If so, then it will be almost or totally impossible to do that without Thief 3 source code.

Sneaky Upgrader
    I'd like to have a go at making a fake eax.dll for the game, using OpenAL/EFX. But I'm sure it's going to be much work, and I don't even have actual EAX to compare it to.

For Creative cards there is ALchemy.
    For the positional audio (and EAX 2 *SUPPORT*, not EAX 2) try indirectsound http://indirectsound.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    For Creative cards there is ALchemy.
    Did not try with Thief yet, but with other games, it's nothing but crashes for me so I could never get it working.

Can anyone try SU after the lastest update of Win10?
    Cause on my system it can start no more.....but maybe it's problem of mine.

Can anyone try SU after the lastest update of Win10?
    Cause on my system it can start no more.....but maybe it's problem of mine.
    I am also on the latest Windows 10 build and I do not seem to be having any problems with the newest Sneaky Upgrade. Could you provide more details on your problem?

Double click on Thief3.exe -> nothing.
    Maybe the culprit is some MSVC component I have installed/uninstalled.

Maybe the installer needs to be run as administrator, or the User Account Control is protecting you from dangerous files, activities, opinions or political ideologies, or Data Execution Prevention thinks it knows better what you want to do with your computer.

In the patch notes it states "Fix for the desktop being visible during level loading on Vista and up" after browsing through this thread I see other people have posted about the problem and recieved the answer that it's just the way it is.

Is it ever possible to fix something something like that? I love the patch but viewing the desktop for 1-3 seconds everytime I load a game or level pulls you out of the immersion.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Maybe the culprit is some MSVC component I have installed/uninstalled.
    Or some D3D wrapper component you forgot about? You can try this very experimental GCC build....

Can you run the original game? Also try running the patched game as closely to the original as possible: No mods, set the refresh rate limit to zero, pick an original resolution, e.g. 1600x1200.

Which Win10 build are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity View Post
    Maybe the installer needs to be run as administrator
    The installer will/should always run as administrator. You should get a UAC prompt when you launch it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwell View Post
    In the patch notes it states "Fix for the desktop being visible during level loading on Vista and up" after browsing through this thread I see other people have posted about the problem and recieved the answer that it's just the way it is.
    Is it ever possible to fix something something like that? I love the patch but viewing the desktop for 1-3 seconds everytime I load a game or level pulls you out of the immersion.
    The fix ought to work much better than that. Unless you've just changed the resolution you should at worst see the desktop for a fraction of a second. Which SU version are you using, and which Windows version do you have? Also, do you have more than one display/monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Or some D3D wrapper component
    LOL

It is the indirectsound ( http://indirectsound.com/ ) wrapper (dsound->xaudio).
    It worked flawlessy before.....

Maybe some XAUDIO update for Win10 broke it.....

OK solved. It isn't IndirectSound, it's my mad scientist mind experiment

I left this in the Thief folder: https://github.com/kosumosu/x3daudio1_7_hrtf

Sneaky Upgrader
    Beleg Cúthalion's endevour to turn the Inn tutorial mission into a real mission for T3G is currently at the stage where all the tutorial stuff has been removed except on Easy difficulty, and the map plays like a normal mission on the higher difficulty settings.

Please help test the map at this point, to verify that there's a solid basis for the exciting part - expanding the map. On Easy it should play exactly like the original. On the other difficulty settings you get to roam the Inn and the surrounding area freely, and there's special loot to be found...

For this test the map is played as an FM, using FMSel or NewDarkLoader. It should not be used to start a T3G play-through. If you have feedback please post it in this thread, where you can also download the map.

Sneaky Upgrader

Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 611162126313637383940414243444546515661 ... LastLast