TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 611162126313641464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1561

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Sneaky Upgrader
    Hopefully a video is not needed. As long as you install to a clean copy of the game it should Just Work. Do a reboot first and disable AV while installing to avoid third-party interference (you can do a virus check when installation is complete). Install using the defaults and use the tweak tool afterwards to configure things.

One thing I should probably point out more clearly in the instructions is that if you have existing savegames and install the full edition with the defaults, then those saves will appear to have gone afterwards. That's because the T3 Gold mod is enabled by default - and as it's not compatible with the original saves, those are hidden while T3G is enabled.

Ok, thank you! I just did a fresh clean install of the game, no need to patch it up to 1.1 or some other version update since that's what the Sneaky Upgrade is for. To be on the same page, I have another copy of Thief Deadly Shadows installed on another Hard drive, I want to have both the original and the SU version of both games installed so that way, I can still play the original unpatched version. I'm now about to install the SU patch right now using the new copy installed.

Sneaky Upgrader
    You don't need two installs - the unpatched game is still available after installing the SU. Look for a shortcut in the Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade program group in the Start menu.

Oh I see, I didn't know that. Oh well, I don't want uninstall both the SU and the 2nd installation of the game and then I would have to reinstall the SU to my original installation. But then again, maybe just for backing up my game files just for that game wouldn't hurt to have another copy installed for Thief: Deadly Shadows in case if something goes wrong and I can't play the game anymore, it does come in handy.

Btw. is it just me or the head bob modifier set to 0 turns off the footstep animation completely, making the player 100% inaudible to AI?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Looks like lower values will slow Garrett's footsteps and values below ~0.20 will turn them off completely. Well, the 'sensible range' is specified as 0.3-1.0.

I've made a note and will see if it can be improved at some point.

The Sneaky Upgrade patch is working great by the way. I got everything working just fine, no error messages or crashing back to my desktop. Garrett is walking at normal speed again because you told me to change that setting on the Sneaky Tweaker tool, it works great, thanks!

Sneaky Upgrader
    Well, you're welcome.

Sneaky Upgrader
    1.1.9.1 is out - fixing a SneakyTweaker/MP bug. The release post has been updated. Installing the Update Edition should be enough.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I'll update my game right now. Will this update be applied to the T3ed level editor as well?
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 29th Sep 2018 at 17:45.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes, but only to keep the releases in sync. There's no need to upgrade from 1.1.9.

Little typo in 1.1.9 (missing the word "Item")

image upload service

Well, I already updated from version 1.1.9 to 1.1.9.1 successfully without any problems. Both the editor and the game have the same version installed. The installer ask me to install the update using the Sneaky Upgrade Editor Edition instead of the Sneaky Upgrade Update Edition and that actually updated both the game and editor, weird but it worked!

I didn't even notice there was a typo from the previous version, good looking out!

Thread about solving a Crosire D3D9 wrapping compatibility: https://reshade.me/forum/troubleshoo...eshade-3-1-3-4

If we can get it working we'll have HBAO+ on NVidia GPUs in Thief DS (with dgVoodoo2 this is impossible) AND ReShade on top......

I don't seem to see any video card problems with the game. Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by posting that link.

I'm talking to Snobel, maybe he's got some suggestions about a bug using a famous shader injector - ReShade - in d3d9 (no problem with d3d11 wrapper dgVoodoo2) due to the desktop temporary switching when loading a level/map.

D3D8to9 Wrapper: https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9 (I'm using the compiled source from the master branch )
    ReShade: https://github.com/crosire/reshade
    Last edited by lowenz; 1st Oct 2018 at 03:41.

Oh ok, no problem. It's all good. What you are talking about is something different.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Little typo in 1.1.9 (missing the word "Item")
    It's probably due to the complicated adjustment of GUI elements to fit aspect ratios other than 4:3 - the keybinds table is the most cramped, so most likely to have issues.

Your screenshot is without the Fonts mod, yes? Is it the original resolution, or was it scaled down?

I notice now that with the Fonts mod enabled, things are much worse. Quite a few missing words in that table... So I guess I'm not done tinkering with the Papyrus font yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Thread about solving a Crosire D3D9 wrapping compatibility: https://reshade.me/forum/troubleshoo...eshade-3-1-3-4
    If we can get it working we'll have HBAO+ on NVidia GPUs in Thief DS (with dgVoodoo2 this is impossible) AND ReShade on top......
    So, suspending the progress bar doesn't help in this case? I'll make a note and have a look eventually, but it's unlikely I can do much about it.

Glad to see that the d3d8to9 wrapper is now 'perfect' for these games btw. When I last tried it, videos didn't play correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    The installer ask me to install the update using the Sneaky Upgrade Editor Edition instead of the Sneaky Upgrade Update Edition and that actually updated both the game and editor, weird but it worked!
    The installer tells you to use the Editor Edition if it finds T3Ed.exe in the install - so you probably copied editor files into your game install at some point? I also can't see installing the EE to a game install would work, because the main game exe is installed under a different name in that case. Have you checked that the version text in the main menu actually says "1.1.9.1" and not "1.1.9"?

The game works fine so yeah it shows the version 1.1.9.1 at the main menu. Now I know everytime I update the game to the latest version, I do the same thing. Install the update using the Sneaky Upgrade Editor Edition which updates both the game and the editor.

Sneaky Upgrader
    It definitely does not. If you actually have separate game and editor installs (which is highly recommended) then running one installer will update only one of them. (Unless perhaps if you've symlinked files from one install to the other - which you probably didn't?)

There's something fishy going on - if I were you I'd uninstall all SU instances, let Steam (you have the Steam version, right?) verify the game files and then reinstall the SU for the both game and editor.

Let me try playing the game from the beginning or load a save game just to make sure it is working correctly. I only got to the main menu. Maybe even play a fan mission as well. Yes, I have Steam, but I copied the game directory to another game folder in my C drive. Update: I just did a test with both playing the beginning (training mission) and playing a save game load. It works great! Even fan missions work. I'm just not sure about that one fan mission called "Cabot" I was having trouble with but other than that, the game works just fine, no crashing or error messages. How I installed the update seemed to have no impact on messing up the game files to run the game properly. I guess there is more than one way to update the game then.
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 1st Oct 2018 at 06:07.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Your screenshot is without the Fonts mod, yes? Is it the original resolution, or was it scaled down?
    No Fonts Mod, 1920x1080 / 16:9

So, suspending the progress bar doesn't help in this case? I'll make a note and have a look eventually, but it's unlikely I can do much about it.
    No luck :/

Unpatched game works!
    So it's something in Sneaky Upgrade

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 611162126313641464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast