TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 49141924293439444950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1529

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Sneaky Upgrader
    Good that you got it figured out.

A few of the mods have separate defaults for the tweaks provided by the SU code patch - most of those can be changed on the "Tweak Overrides" pages. But some may not be available because the tweak in question won't work correctly with the mod - such as the HUD scaling, which can't really be used with the MP GUIs.

Except that using it to disable the HUD will still work... So instead of moving the sound files you could open C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Minimalist Project\GUI & Sounds\SneakyOptions_diff.ini and set HUDScaleFactor=0. (The values in a mod's SneakyOptions_diff.ini file will override the same settings in the main SneakyOptions.ini file, and also those in _diff files for mods lower in the stack.)

Ah, cool. I wondered whether there might be a distinct INI option that would do the same thing, but rather than hunt through them all I figured I’d just move files around.

Thanks for the reply—and for the mod.

After installing sneaky upgrade, gold is displayed with the Japanese Yen symbol. Any possibility to switch this off? As far as I can see I have Improved Fonts and Thief 3 Gold enabled.

Sneaky Upgrader
    You're right. Looks like I forgot to replace that glyph after generating the new font textures. Another thing for 1.1.9.2...

Right now the only fix is to disable the Fonts mod. (Well, you could edit the textures yourself, I guess.)

Thanks for clearing that up. I can live with it, now that I know what the cause is.

Many good things happened last time I visited this thread. This game is awesome, can't wait for the new build and play it in 4K (3840x2160) resolution with my new RTX 2080 baby

Quote Originally Posted by CiroConsentino View Post
    with my new RTX 2080 baby
    me drooling

This card is a beast (and huge), ZOTAC RTX 2080 AMP!, super quiet and cold. I don't even hear the card's fans when in full load! Upgrading from a GTX 970, huge performance difference. Playing games at 4K res is something else, you can see everything clearly. Most new games are too heavy for 4K gaming though.
    It has mostly the same perf as GTX 1080 TI, too bad it has only 8GB of VRAM (1080 TI have 11GB VRAM).

After upgrading to a Ryzen build this game is now completely broken. It's receiving some kind of phantom spacebar input, constantly exiting the main menu to the startup video, and jumping in game. I've confirmed this is not related to controller input, everything is disconnected and I've checked the option to disable all controller input in SU.

Sneaky Upgrader
    First, try enabling single-core mode on the tweak tool's Troubleshooting page. If that doesn't fix it, try running the unpatched game (there's a shortcut in the start menu group, under T) to see if it's specific to the SU.

I've been having an interesting problem with 1.1.9.1 where moving my mouse causes the screen to flicker. This only happens in borderless mode, not fullscreen. And if i'm in borderless mode I can get it to stop by turning on my Nvidia shadowplay recording (even after I turn it off the flickering is gone until I load a save game).

In fullscreen the game is really chunky and slow as well, only when I move my mouse at the same time as moving though, if I just hold the W key there's no lag.

It appears that something is tied to my mouse but i'm not sure what. I tried enabling single core as I too have a Ryzen CPU (980ti GPU, and running on windows 10) however this didn't seem to change anything.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Windows 10 and exclusive fullscreen mode don't match well, in fact there's NO MORE real fullscreen mode for D3D8 applications (and DDRAW ones too). TDS is a D3D8 application
    So try a D3D8to9 (Crosire's one) or a D3D8to11 (Dege's one) wrapper

Or stay in borderless fullscreen mode and use a framerate limiter (60/62), SU got a limiter for this specific reason

And maybe the shim/compatibility flag trick used by Snobel is no more working in Win10 1809 -> https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=732319#p732319
    Last edited by lowenz; 9th Feb 2019 at 14:10.

Sneaky Upgrader
    That's very possible. Windows has tried, and failed multiple times, to upgrade my install, which is now two versions behind. So I've decided to reinstall 1809 - hopefully I'll then be able to reproduce some of the issues people have had lately.

Is there any editor of some sort that allows you to edit the game files to raise the prices of items Garrett can buy?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Well, there's the editor, or hex editing.

Thanks!

Are there any instructions on how one would edit item prices? I'm looking for a hardcore mod for Thief 3 but none exist apparently, which is surprising.

Sneaky Upgrader
    For hex editing, you'd use a hex editor such as HxD, load T3Gamesys.t3u, then go to the offsets listed and change the values.

The guy who wrote that hex editing post also made a tool, mentioned near the end of the post. You can get it here. I've never used it myself, but if it still works, it's probably easier.

Thanks for your help. When I get around to T3, I'd love it if you could provide any assistance when I try to edit it!

Sneaky Upgrader
    Sure - it's not hard, you just have to be careful.

Decided to try and get T3 working on new PC but Win 10 keeps throwing a wobbly about non-optimal resolutions and sometimes minimising to desktop.

So can anyone tell me how to set the resolution to 1080p manually via config files?

Also, will the menu be in 1080p or just the game? Thanks.

If you select 1080p menu AND game are in FHD.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes, as the menus are rendered in 3D there's no resolution switch.

If you can't get to the in-game options, set a custom resolution on the tweaker's Display page, then find Options.ini and change the Resolution line to 0, to select the custom res.

Thanks Snobel that worked. Glad to see that unlike on my old Win 8 machine, where no matter what I did I could not have both a visible cursor and brightness adjustment at the same time - it was either one or the other, pleased to see both availabl on new Win 10 PC.

Also glad to see that MP has had its changes to gameplay made optional. A great improvement that. Although f you pick only the GUI changes, does that mean the wall flatten bug fix will be lost?

Anyway, just some outstanding queries. Struggling a bit with the black cursor and seem to remember that there was a file you could delete that would force the game to use the windows pointer? Does this still work and what is the file, I've forgotten?

Despite having brightness adjustment my less than perfect eyes may need a bit more as brighter settings seem to make it harder to see within the scene as it reduces contrast. So I may need to use ST's ambient light increase. Anyway, my query is, is there a way to make the AI blinder to compensate? I mean, just make them need twice as much light to see you, buut without affecting their health or hearing? Thanks for any help.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Wall flattening is definitely a gameplay thing. So, yes, without that part active, wall flattening should have the original behaviour.

For the standard cursor, disable the 'frozen cursor fix' on the tweaker's Troubleshooting page and copy this into the User.ini file in your installation root:

Code:
    [MouseCursor]
    ImageFile=
    (The standard cursor could well be available through the tweaker - I'll try to bump it up...)

For increased light, I think you're better off using the gamma/contrast/brightness settings provided by your graphics driver, if possible. But if you must tweak the ambient light for this purpose you can stick this in User.ini:

Code:
    [Difficulty]
    ; AI visual acuity multiplier - how well AIs can see
    Difficulty_AIVisual_Mult_Easy=0.9
    Difficulty_AIVisual_Mult_Normal=1.0
    Difficulty_AIVisual_Mult_Hard=1.15
    Difficulty_AIVisual_Mult_Expert=1.2
    These are the original values copied from Default.ini - you'll have to experiment with lowering them to compensate for the ambient light increase. Also, make sure the DifficultyFactor setting in the tweaker is at 1.0, otherwise the same values (and others) will be overridden internally.

Not sure what it is, but my game seems very unsmooth with the Sneaky Upgrade. I uninstalled it just to test, and while there's some issues there too, it's noticeably smoother without the Sneaky Upgrade. I'm getting a constant 100 FPS with SU and 120 without, but the game still looks choppy and jittery. Makes no sense. Don't remember it being like this before, though the last time I played this was in 2014. Any ideas?

EDIT: You know, it actually seems like it's the camera/sensitivity of the camera+movement that makes things seem unsmooth. There's no indication that there's anything going within the environment - guards, the swinging signpost, and the sky in the beginning all animate fluidly. It's only when I start running around that it looks weird. Why is this?

Also, disabling third person in the SU config does nothing - I'm still able to hit "V" and switch.
    Last edited by Gordon Frohman; 16th Feb 2019 at 22:31.

Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 49141924293439444950515253545556575859 ... LastLast