TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8131823283338434853545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1561

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Sneaky Upgrader
    They're used by the patched game exe and the SneakyTweaker tool. No need to do anything with them at install time.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yet another beta update, this time with a tweak to disable health bar auto-hiding and cleaned-up map texts when using the GUI part of the Minimalist Project.

I will try to test the new beta later this weekend. I am getting pretty burnt out on tweaking Thief. The developers of this game must have been blind. Everything is so huge I am trying to optimize 75% of the game to be more appealing on a 1080 monitor. I did not realize just how ugly the game interface was until I got back into this.

Snobel,

you told me where to find the name text for items and weapons (the text that goes below them) in the inventory.sch. I tweaked them and like what I have. But the game has tied those fonts to every instance of an item and weapon name. So when I change the text to be small & fit nicely below the weapon / item icon when you are playing the game, the same changes apply to the item & weapon text when you enter a store or view your gear in Garret's inventory. They look good in the game but terrible when you go to a store How can I split this up so that I can use different font sizes for the stores & for Garret's inventory?

Sneaky Upgrader
    I don't think that's possible, because the only way to get around font tags etc. in the code is to add your own tags to the actual text. And there's only the one text. What's needed is to patch away the hard-coded tags everywhere that they can be moved to TextPrefix entries. Unfortunately that would need a whole lot of testing and experiments...

I want to move the text location on a couple of full screen windows.

1) How do I move either the text vertical position or the square checkbox vertical position. They never lined up correctly that I remember to start with. If you change the font size, it gets worse. Which window in the T3UI are these:

2) How do I move the the background image vertically to be more centered?

3) How do I move save / load file names closer together? I cannot find a setting so far to change the spacing.
    Last edited by Estel Randir; 10th Mar 2019 at 07:06.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Estel Randir View Post
    1) How do I move either the text vertical position or the square checkbox vertical position. They never lined up correctly that I remember to start with. If you change the font size, it gets worse. Which window in the T3UI are these:
    I think those lines are not defined in .ini files but handled in code. The alignment in both the original game and with the MP is much better than in your screenshot but no idea what might have changed it.

2) How do I move the the background image vertically to be more centered?
    You'd have to edit all the loading screens, which are in PCTextures/DynamicallyLoaded.

3) How do I move save / load file names closer together? I cannot find a setting so far to change the spacing.
    I think those are hard-coded too, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    I think those lines are not defined in .ini files but handled in code. The alignment in both the original game and with the MP is much better than in your screenshot but no idea what might have changed it.
    They are always slightly mis-aligned no matter what version of the game you use. The reason they are more pronounced is because I made the font smaller.

Regarding the new beta (I have not found any outstanding new issues so far.):

1) The new hide health meter seems to be working (more options are good!).
    2) The MP playstyle objectives and restrictions that were missing are now there (thank you!)

On a different note, TDS & The Minimalist Project use two different shading (colors) for the light gem case & the compass. Is this just a texture file that can be swapped between the two? I am not sure what the name of the file(s) are that I am looking for.

TDS Version:

MP:

315 724 4022

For future betas, I ask that if you make any changes to T3UI.ini, Default.ini, or move stuff from one file to the next that affects the user interface / fonts please make a note of it. I have altered a large amount of the user interface hud & fonts to clean up this mess of a game. I would appreciate it.

They are always slightly mis-aligned no matter what version of the game you use. The reason they are more pronounced is because I made the font smaller.

Regarding the new beta (I have not found any outstanding new issues so far.):

1) The new hide health meter seems to be working (more options are good!).
    2) The MP playstyle objectives and restrictions that were missing are now there (thank you!)
    3) I do not know if this is an "issue" but I did notice that the currency symbol (Garret's "cash" changed from the last beta - also the game that I have from a few years ago has the previous symbol):

Previous Currency Symbol:

New Currency Symbol:

On a different note, TDS & The Minimalist Project use two different shading (colors) for the light gem case & the compass. Is this just a texture file that can be swapped between the two? I am not sure what the name of the file(s) are that I am looking for.

TDS Version:

MP:

315 724 4022

For future betas, I ask that if you make any changes to T3UI.ini, Default.ini, or move stuff from one file to the next that affects the user interface / fonts please make a note of it. I have altered a large amount of the user interface hud & fonts to clean up this mess of a game. I would appreciate it.

Sneaky Upgrader
    The new hide health meter seems to be working (more options are good!).
    There's one issue with this in the beta: The HealthMeter/ClearPos_Y value will always be overridden in code. That's supposed to happen only when the tweak is active, so that when it's not, the value can be changed externally in T3UI.ini. This has of course already been fixed.

3) I do not know if this is an "issue" but I did notice that the currency symbol (Garret's "cash" changed from the last beta - also the game that I have from a few years ago has the previous symbol):
    The old symbol is just the Yen symbol, which comes with the vector fonts used to produce the textures. The original game has a 'gold' symbol (based on a lower-case g), which New Horizon reproduced in one of the original MP textures but apparently forgot in the other one. I managed to forget it in all four textures when I first did the Fonts mod. But they're in now. I chose to base the symbol on the upper-case G for the fonts that have no real lower-case letters, which I sort of regret now, because both versions are used in different places. So I mignt change that at some point.

TDS & The Minimalist Project use two different shading (colors) for the light gem case & the compass. Is this just a texture file that can be swapped between the two?
    I'm fairly certain that's only a change in lighting. Have a look at the orig and MP T3UILights.ini files.

For future betas, I ask that if you make any changes to T3UI.ini, Default.ini, or move stuff from one file to the next that affects the user interface / fonts please make a note of it.
    I'll try to do that - on the file level at least.

I'm fairly certain that's only a change in lighting. Have a look at the orig and MP T3UILights.ini files.
    Yes, you are right. I compared the original TDS file with the MP one. I forgot how awful the original made items look. The original file added purple shade & lighting to weapons/item icons, the lockpick hud, & the lightgem/compass. I used the MP one but reduced the light intensity on the first two sections. It works really well. There is no longer a bright light on the hud items. They now look as if they are in the dark instead of having a spotlight on them.

Old Lighting:

With new lighting:

Where is the section to change the vertical position of the Yes/No buttons below? I have found many other button locations but this one & the one in the thief store eludes me.

Last edited by Estel Randir; 11th Mar 2019 at 02:47.

Sneaky Upgrader
    The End Mission screen uses one of the 'PopUp' windows, so look for references to the buttons in one of those sections. The one in the store could be MainStoreWindow/BackWindow?

Hi snobel,

Archlinux's package is cooking now.
    This time I need to know how to start the game in legacy mode (w/o sneaky upgrade) after the patch is applied. I know I can do it from the installation link, but I need to know how to start in this mode from the command line.

For example, the way you can start FMSel using the command
    Code:
    Thief3.exe -fm.

There are two kinds of rectangular buttons in the game. One is animated and "wobbles" to all 4 corners when you mouse over it, and the other is static. Is it possible to turn the wobbling buttons into static ones? Is there an animation file that can be deleted or can the wobbling buttons be called the same name as the static buttons somewhere? I really hate them.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by aerosq View Post
    Archlinux's package is cooking now.
    Good to hear.

This time I need to know how to start the game in legacy mode (w/o sneaky upgrade) after the patch is applied.
    From the System folder, run it like this:
    Code:
    T3.exe -orig
    Note that the game's ION_ROOT registry value must point to the game install for the unpatched game to run.

There are two kinds of rectangular buttons in the game. One is animated and "wobbles" to all 4 corners when you mouse over it, and the other is static. Is it possible to turn the wobbling buttons into static ones? Is there an animation file that can be deleted or can the wobbling buttons be called the same name as the static buttons somewhere? I really hate them.
    Well, you can try replacing the button in EnterMissionStartMissionTab and friends. It's probably unlikely that it'll work, or look good if it does. You can also try looking through the first part (the headers) of the MainMenu_GFXALL.ibt block file for something that looks like the name of a button animation. Changing the name in the header should hide it from the game but it'll most likely just crash. If you get it to work in the start-up menu, then you'll have to change it in Kernel_GFXALL.ibt as well.

I am having serious issues with special interactions in the game. For example trying to loot Jacknall's Paw or when trying to unlock the builders chalice, I cannot get the frob to light up to insert the holy symbol. It took me 45 min to get the holy symbol slot to frob. I have spent 20 min trying to frob Jacknall's Paw from all angles, above & below. I cannot loot it. And yes, the objectives show complete to loot the paw. I turned off any special frob colors and tried the original color. That did not help. I do not seem to have issues frobbing normal loot.

Sneaky Upgrader
    If you disabled the refresh rate and/or the frame rate limit, then reinstate them. Other than that, the only suggestion I have is to set up a parallel, clean game install and try a savegame there (or upload a save for a second opinion).

Sneaky Upgrader
    There's a new beta out, in the usual place.

What's needed is to patch away the hard-coded tags everywhere that they can be moved to TextPrefix entries.
    I've done this for the few cases needed to make it possible to turn the MP Inventory.sch file into a 'diff' containing just the MP-specific additions. This was done by moving the formatting from that file to TextPrefix entries in T3UI.ini for the following sections: ItemDescWindow, WeaponDescWindow, StoreInfoWindow and InventoryWindowCurrItemText. So those entries must be copied into a customized T3UI.ini. As a side effect it's now possible to have different formatting for the item and weapon texts in the HUD, inventory and store.

I've added a feature that's been on the to-do list for a long time: Pressing a combination of keys to end a mission prematurely. It's not quite as polished as I would've liked - among other things I had to settle for Shift+Esc to activate it, not the safer combo from T1-2. So it's disabled by default, with an option to enable it on the Troubleshooting page of the tweaker.

Snobel,

PKGBUILD script for Archilinux is almost done. Soon we'll have a functional package.
    This time i need to know if SneakyTweaker only writes SneakyOptions.ini or if there is another file writen by this program (i.e. mods files).

Does anyone have full savegames compatable with the minamalist project? I do not want to play through the whole game just to tweak some screens. My old saves were from 3 yrs ago minimalist. They sadly do not work with this version.
    Last edited by Estel Randir; 14th Mar 2019 at 01:48.

Sneaky Upgrader
    This time i need to know if SneakyTweaker only writes SneakyOptions.ini or if there is another file writen by this program (i.e. mods files).
    It writes the main SneakyOptions.ini file, but also the SneakyOptions_diff.ini files found in the mods. (Each mod which has a Tweak Overrides page has one of those files.) Also, the T3 Gold mod has another file, Content\T3\Flags\Ints.txt, that gets written when you change options like for the enforcers.

It doesn't write to any other files as far as I can remember, but it'll move a lot of files around inside the mods when you change the mod settings that are not tweak overrides.

Sneaky Upgrader
    My old saves were from 3 yrs ago minimalist. They sadly do not work with this version.
    Although I bump the MP savegame version whenever there's gamesys changes I'm actually a bit surprised that old saves don't work. Would you mind uploading one of your problematic saves? I probably can't fix it but maybe I can figure out what's causing the incompatibility.
    Last edited by snobel; 14th Mar 2019 at 06:37.

Archlinux PKGBUILD

This is the script for building the Archlinux package for Thief Deadly Shadows (3CD version) + SneakyUpgrade via wine.
    This works with the 3CD Version of the game (the one I have).

Features:
    • Dedicated wine prefix (transparent from end-user view)
    • User independent savegame and configuration files
    • Detached variable-config files from static-data files (Linux way)

Instructions
    • Put PKGBUILD, thief-3.install, thief-3.tar.gz (links) and the 3 ISO images (renamed to thief-3-cd1.iso thief-3-cd2.iso and thief-3-cd3.iso) in a directory of your choice
      thief-3.tar.gz
      thief-3.install
      PKGBUILD
    • cd into the choosen directory and run
      Code:
      $ makepkg -si
    • Done

Just like any other installation from a PKGBUILD

Post-Install package's notes:
    • Wine Prefix: ~/.local/share/thief-3/wine/ (it creates itself with the first run)
    • User local files (saves, configurations, etc, mods state): ~/.local/share/thief-3/
    • Game config files: ~/.config/thief-3/
    • There are commands for prefix configuration and FMs selector
      $ pacman -Ql thief-3 | fgrep '/usr/bin'
    • If you run the game for the first time (or after a package upgrade) it'll take about 1~2 minutes to start the game due to the wine prefix creation and the rebuild of some game's block files. Be patient

Feedback is wellcome!
    Last edited by aerosq; 18th Jul 2019 at 01:28. Reason: Updated to SU 1.1.10

I zipped them all - they are from 2017. The loading screen version text is 1.1.7.1 (T3G1.2). The minimalist age loading screen pops up so I was using the minimalist project.

See link below (zipped using 7-zip). The file is only 164 MB:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gh6...ew?usp=sharing

I will not be around the board for several days.

Snobel,

To upgrade to a newer version of SU, can I just delete the old folder where I installed the SU & then install the new SU? Or do I have to actually do the uninstall first?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Folders (or files) that had static behavior (read only after install) becoming writable or movable and where (e.g: automatic backup-able files or rename-able files during runtime of the game).
    I'm not quite sure what you mean here - additional files written to or moved by the game itself, or also by the SneakyTweaker tool? The first case is not likely to happen, but I'm not sure I can promise to keep track of new movable files within the mods.

New register keys.
    Extremely unlikely. Much more likely is a 'stand-alone' mode that doesn't need the registry at all.

A change in the logic of the structure of yout patch
    Also not likely, except for the stand-alone mode, which will expect to find everything within the game's installation folder (similar to how Thief1-2 is often installed).

I'd prefere to stay in touch via inbox for this matter. Is it good for you?
    Sure.

You may want to add this PKGBUILD to your base post. In that case, you want to add the "Instructions" and the "Post-Install package's notes" titles too.
    The first post is much too crowded already, so I'll just add a link to your post above.

I zipped them all - they are from 2017.
    Thanks - that's a lot of saves. I'll have a look, but I may need the names of saves where I can test the issues you mention here - getting the Jacknall's Paw and inserting the holy symbol?

The loading screen version text is 1.1.7.1 (T3G1.2). The minimalist age loading screen pops up so I was using the minimalist project.
    Did you copy the saves from another game install where they work, or did you get this information from screenshots?

Edit:

To upgrade to a newer version of SU, can I just delete the old folder where I installed the SU & then install the new SU? Or do I have to actually do the uninstall first?
    The old SU is uninstalled as part of the installation process but if there's anything weird with the current install, it's best to uninstall manually, clean up the game install and remove the C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade folder, and then reinstall.
    Last edited by snobel; 15th Mar 2019 at 07:06.

Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8131823283338434853545556575859606162 ... LastLast