TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18232833384348535863646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1715

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Sneaky Upgrader
    Besides the animations mod, there are no leaning tweaks. I haven't really looked into it but I assume leaning distance is tied to those animations, so that to extend it you'd have to edit the animations, which I can't do. It may be possible to tweak leaning speed, though.

Sneaky Upgrade(s) just got a shout-out from the German GameStar magazine in a list of fan mods.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Thanks for the link! And they were clearly running T3G...

Not sure if this is a good subject but yeah, unsure if its the patch fault, but the game is a mess. Here are some issues I have:
    - with every running game, there is another one, 32bit, which I need to close down with task manager otherwise it wont let me to use the desktop,
    - sometimes while climbing Garrett stops in falling pose and floats around,
    - occasionally weapons won't work - as using mouse-click don't do anything - easily fixed with options>inputs>default,
    - random game crashes,

These above aren't the reason for the post, the biggest problem I have is, Enter button isn't bond for using inventory items (flashbombs, holy water, mines, and such), and in options I see nothing in inputs window. I found "options" file where I can edit the keybinds where was "Enter=None", after changing it to "Use" and then "UseItem" there's no difference to the game...

...So my question is, what would be proper name for using inventory items?

Optionally, are the issues above known? What is reason behind them and how to fix them?

1.1.10 version of patch, infamous windows10, steam version of TDS

Lastest ReShade (4.8.0) needs

DynVPMinRotationRate=0

in both DXIW and TDS to get the Depth Buffer right
    Just reporting to Snobel!
    Last edited by lowenz; 26th Oct 2020 at 05:29.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by wycha View Post
    with every running game, there is another one, 32bit, which I need to close down with task manager otherwise it wont let me to use the desktop
    Sorry about the late reply. This one sounds like virus checker interference. The game restarts itself for every level load - through an intermediate exe, which sets up a black cover screen. AV seems to hate it when programs launch other programs. Also, do a proper reboot of your computer if you normally just suspend it.

sometimes while climbing Garrett stops in falling pose and floats around
    Sounds like the infamous floating bug? No fix unfortunately, but you can unstick yourself by very briefly pulling an arrow. If you pull too far, hit jump or Escape to avoid wasting it.

Enter button isn't bond for using inventory items (flashbombs, holy water, mines, and such), and in options I see nothing in inputs window. I found "options" file where I can edit the keybinds where was "Enter=None", after changing it to "Use" and then "UseItem" there's no difference to the game...
    The input table not showing is a known issue - try disabling the Fonts and MP GUI mods while you change the bindings. The entry for use is "UseItemAnalog 1.000000", which is hard to get right by guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Lastest ReShade (4.8.0) needs
    DynVPMinRotationRate=0
    in both DXIW and TDS to get the Depth Buffer right
    Doesn't it work if you enable the No Rotation Blur tweak? (Which sets DynVPScale = 100 = StaticVPScale, suggesting DynVPMinRotationRate is a don't care value.)

Btw. in the upcoming version, that tweak will be on by default for all installations. The name and description should be better too...

No, you can see the DB only rotating if you don't set to 0 the DynVPMinRotationRate !
    It's related to the new DB reconstruction method of ReShade 4.8.0

Sneaky Upgrader
    Ok, I'll make the tweak set DynVPMinRotationRate=0 too in both the SU and the VU...

A new SU beta will be out in a week or so - please test by then, just to make sure.

Thank you snobel for help, tips and explanation! I didn't noticed earlier the 1.000000 rule, even when its clearly visible with mouse buttons, but it saved my gameplay. Also the pulling arrow tip will be helpful in future.

Hey all, hoping someone can point me in the direction of the last piece of special loot in the revamped tutorial mission that's included with the latest release of the Sneaky Upgrade. I've got the Golden Dagger and Builder's Ingot, but can't find the third item. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Wispmage; 3rd Dec 2020 at 10:35.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Please see the end of this post.

Hello all I installed Sneaky Upgrade and all is working except when I try to change the path of the archive it will not open? The drop down works but nothing happens when I press Archive Path . Every time I launch FM select it searches for FM's and defaults to my T2 FM folder. To play T3 missions I had to place them in that folder? This is a pain because I have a large amount of T2 missions in that folder.
    Thanks for any help
    pwl

Sneaky Upgrader
    You don't have to mix FM archives.

Whether FMSel asks you on startup if you want to set the path to FM archives, or you select "FM Archive Path..." from the gear icon drop-down menu, then you should get a standard Windows file selection dialogue. I guess it opens in your T2 archives folder because Windows can't tell the difference between you using T2 FMSel and T3 FMSel... In any case, just browse to where your T3 archives are and select any file.

If you're saying that the "FM Archive Path..." menu item does nothing, then I've no idea why. If all else fails, open "C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed FMs" in a file explorer window, open fmsel.ini and edit the value for ArchiveRoot in the first section. (Keep FMSel closed while doing this.)

OK I changed the path in the fmsel.ini file you said and that did the trick and now the path archive drop down is working???
    Thank you for a speedy reply!!
    pwl

I need some help.
    I have W10. I play T3 without any problems. the same does not happen when I load an FM, it gets blocked when starting on a smaller screen

Is it possible to create a portable version of Thief: Deadly Shadows by using Sneaky Upgrade?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyrium View Post
    I need some help.
    I have W10. I play T3 without any problems. the same does not happen when I load an FM, it gets blocked when starting on a smaller screen
    Sorry, much more detail is needed. Which loader? What does "it gets blocked" and "a smaller screen" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcatera View Post
    Is it possible to create a portable version of Thief: Deadly Shadows by using Sneaky Upgrade?
    Not currently - you can set up an install with everything in one folder but the game relies a lot on the SaveGamePath registry value.

The next version will hopefully let you override that, to make the install portable.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrium View Post
    I need some help.
    In other words, T3 with sneaky update latest installed version.
    I load a fan mission, and at the end of loading ... it switches to the original T3 screen and locks immediately.
    What can it be?

Sneaky Upgrader
    First, do a proper reboot and disable the virus checker. If that had no effect, please upload logs like this:

Use the Troubleshooting page in the tweaker to set the log level to Dump. Then attempt to run an FM. Then find Sneaky.log (which is in C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade) and make a copy. Then repeat the process, but start the original game (i.e. successfully). Upload both logs somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Not likely, I'm afraid, unless someone with a good understanding of why this may be happening can explain to me what to look for.
    With ReShade 4.9.1 there's no more "hint"/"interaction" interference - in DXIW - with the DB reconstruction process! Yeah!

Still the output image, without Bloom, with Bloom or with dummy Bloom is a bit blurred, in DX8 and DX9 (Crosire's wrapper, lastest version built from the main tree on github) too.
    It's a mystery ! Maybe it's by design in certain zones.....

@Snobel

Here's what I mean as "blur", you'll see it really well using 1/4 resolution (1280x720 instead of 2560x144) and then integer-upscaling

PNG images so NO compression artifacts!
    No wrappers, no reshade, only dx8+visible upgrade
    And of course Bloom is DISABLED!

2560 (slightly visible blur)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/sitzu.../2560.png/file

1280 (visible blur along the door lightbar profile - no possible fullscreen problem 'cause it's done in windowed mode and then integer-upscaled -> and as you can see the HUD IS NOT AFFECTED BY BLURRING )
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/xcj3g...80+IS.png/file

So it's something before in the rasterization pipeline......

Whenever I quit the game while using SU, many app icons on my desktop screen randomly gets replaced as well as the desktop color settings change by itself.. what could cause something like this to happen?.. I'm using Win 7 64-bit and I kept the reshade d3d9 dll box checked during installation.. other than that, I didn't fiddle with any of the ini settings..

Resolution handling (the icons scattering is a classic problem, here's the definitive solution -> http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http...toprestore.htm )

HDMI-connected monitor? (you mean brightness/gamma as "colour settings" ? 'cause TDS run in 32 bit colour mode, there's no 16 bit colour mode unless you keep Windows to 16 bit but why? )

Thank you for the answers.. resolution problem solved.. about the color issue; I really don't know how to describe it.. my setting is obviously 32 bit, but after quitting the game, the desktop starts looking like 16 bit (but it still shows 32 bit in the display settings)..

If I go into display settings at this point and click "adjust color" and then cancel it without doing anything, desktop miraculously goes back to normal..

It's the raised gamma that doesn't reset when you exit TDS.

Please, use this d3d8to9 wrapper (from the author of ReShade): https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases/tag/v1.11.0

Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18232833384348535863646566676869 LastLast