TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 182328333843485358636465666768
Results 1,676 to 1,684 of 1684

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Sneaky Upgrader
    Besides the animations mod, there are no leaning tweaks. I haven't really looked into it but I assume leaning distance is tied to those animations, so that to extend it you'd have to edit the animations, which I can't do. It may be possible to tweak leaning speed, though.

Sneaky Upgrade(s) just got a shout-out from the German GameStar magazine in a list of fan mods.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Thanks for the link! And they were clearly running T3G...

Not sure if this is a good subject but yeah, unsure if its the patch fault, but the game is a mess. Here are some issues I have:
    - with every running game, there is another one, 32bit, which I need to close down with task manager otherwise it wont let me to use the desktop,
    - sometimes while climbing Garrett stops in falling pose and floats around,
    - occasionally weapons won't work - as using mouse-click don't do anything - easily fixed with options>inputs>default,
    - random game crashes,

These above aren't the reason for the post, the biggest problem I have is, Enter button isn't bond for using inventory items (flashbombs, holy water, mines, and such), and in options I see nothing in inputs window. I found "options" file where I can edit the keybinds where was "Enter=None", after changing it to "Use" and then "UseItem" there's no difference to the game...

...So my question is, what would be proper name for using inventory items?

Optionally, are the issues above known? What is reason behind them and how to fix them?

1.1.10 version of patch, infamous windows10, steam version of TDS

Lastest ReShade (4.8.0) needs

DynVPMinRotationRate=0

in both DXIW and TDS to get the Depth Buffer right
    Just reporting to Snobel!
    Last edited by lowenz; 26th Oct 2020 at 06:29.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by wycha View Post
    with every running game, there is another one, 32bit, which I need to close down with task manager otherwise it wont let me to use the desktop
    Sorry about the late reply. This one sounds like virus checker interference. The game restarts itself for every level load - through an intermediate exe, which sets up a black cover screen. AV seems to hate it when programs launch other programs. Also, do a proper reboot of your computer if you normally just suspend it.

sometimes while climbing Garrett stops in falling pose and floats around
    Sounds like the infamous floating bug? No fix unfortunately, but you can unstick yourself by very briefly pulling an arrow. If you pull too far, hit jump or Escape to avoid wasting it.

Enter button isn't bond for using inventory items (flashbombs, holy water, mines, and such), and in options I see nothing in inputs window. I found "options" file where I can edit the keybinds where was "Enter=None", after changing it to "Use" and then "UseItem" there's no difference to the game...
    The input table not showing is a known issue - try disabling the Fonts and MP GUI mods while you change the bindings. The entry for use is "UseItemAnalog 1.000000", which is hard to get right by guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Lastest ReShade (4.8.0) needs
    DynVPMinRotationRate=0
    in both DXIW and TDS to get the Depth Buffer right
    Doesn't it work if you enable the No Rotation Blur tweak? (Which sets DynVPScale = 100 = StaticVPScale, suggesting DynVPMinRotationRate is a don't care value.)

Btw. in the upcoming version, that tweak will be on by default for all installations. The name and description should be better too...

No, you can see the DB only rotating if you don't set to 0 the DynVPMinRotationRate !
    It's related to the new DB reconstruction method of ReShade 4.8.0

Sneaky Upgrader
    Ok, I'll make the tweak set DynVPMinRotationRate=0 too in both the SU and the VU...

A new SU beta will be out in a week or so - please test by then, just to make sure.

Thank you snobel for help, tips and explanation! I didn't noticed earlier the 1.000000 rule, even when its clearly visible with mouse buttons, but it saved my gameplay. Also the pulling arrow tip will be helpful in future.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 182328333843485358636465666768