TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 202530354045505560656667686970
Results 1,726 to 1,743 of 1743

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

what are you confused about? like i said the brightness always turns up, but only in the(well i said menu) main menu, like where you see new game, load game etc..., the moment i load game it decreases back to super dark. what more can i say? ummm i cranked the brightness in voodoo up to 287, which hopefully can be shown here

EDIT: hmm im not seeing the link i post, lets see if this works.. https://imgur.com/a/l7tLuXO

no troll can you please tell me?

Why increase the brightness in the configurator and not with the in-game slider now that it works? :|
    Why do you FORCE the resolution? Set it, like the brightness, in the game itself!
    And why in hell do you disable the mipmapping?!?!?!?!

And please, DO NOT install games (or games manager) in "Program Files". Install Galaxy in C:\
    Last edited by lowenz; 23rd Apr 2021 at 19:13.

Quote Originally Posted by ddw92 View Post
    no troll can you please tell me?
    Your VGA=Your Video Graphics Adaptes=Your Graphics card (and not the GPU, the card)...............

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Why increase the brightness in the configurator and not with the in-game slider now that it works? :|
    Why do you FORCE the resolution? Set it, like the brightness, in the game itself!
    And why in hell do you disable the mipmapping?!?!?!?!

And please, DO NOT install games (or games manager) in "Program Files". Install Galaxy in C:\
    it doesnt work though, the only way the brightness changes is if i adjust it in voodoo, but the moment i load game(not the exe but load my save file) its goes back to being super dark., i thought you had to change brightness in voodoo, why have that option there if your not meant to use it?

and what do u mean force the resolution? i never changed anything with resolution with this, thats how it was when i booted voodoo up.

cause it said itll make textures sharper....why wouldnt i want to up the sharpness of textures!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

why not? thats where ive always installed stuff......
    Last edited by ddw92; 24th Apr 2021 at 02:53.

Your VGA=Your Video Graphics Adaptes=Your Graphics card (and not the GPU, the card)...............
    ahh graphics card, why not just say that?? google kept telling me "video graphics array" but uhh i think its an intel graphics HD 530
    Last edited by ddw92; 23rd Apr 2021 at 21:36.

Well, the HD 530 is a bit problematic but it should run dgVoodoo2

About array vs adapter:

The VGA was a single chip implementing the entirety of a video display controller, rather than the many discrete components and ICs of the graphics adapters that had preceded it. The term "array" rather than "adapter" in the name denoted that it was not a complete independent expansion device, but a single component that could be integrated into a system.

Now it's a (video) adapter.
    Last edited by lowenz; 24th Apr 2021 at 09:54.

it doesnt work though, the only way the brightness changes is if i adjust it in voodoo, but the moment i load game(not the exe but load my save file) its goes back to being super dark., i thought you had to change brightness in voodoo, why have that option there if your not meant to use it?
    It's postprocessing ON TOP of the one the game does.

Please update the Intel graphics drivers.

and what do u mean force the resolution? i never changed anything with resolution with this, thats how it was when i booted voodoo up.
    It's impossible 'cause the default is the value you see in my screenshot, not 1280x720 :/
    Please do NOT troll.

cause it said itll make textures sharper....why wouldnt i want to up the sharpness of textures!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    It does NOT work that way (and you're confusing the mipmapping with the point filtering vs anisotropic filtering above the mipmapping option)

why not? thats where ive always installed stuff......
    'cause it's write-protected by default if you're not an administrator?

It's impossible 'cause the default is the value you see in my screenshot, not 1280x720 :/
    Please do NOT troll.
    im not trolling, stop saying im trolling. the MOMENT i chose to change the directory of voodoo to the path it is now it went to 1280x720.....plus why does it even matter if its set like that in game. doesnt seem like itll make a difference

It does NOT work that way (and you're confusing the mipmapping with the point filtering vs anisotropic filtering above the mipmapping option)
    well then explain to me why when i hover my mouse over mipmapping it says "disabling mipmapping can be used to make texture surfaces sharper"

'cause it's write-protected by default if you're not an administrator?
    so then why not just say "be sure to run as admin"?

so then why not just say "be sure to run as admin"?
    Because there's more than that (about policies of user groups accessing system folders like "Program Files" ).
    Running a process as admin is NOT equivalent to "being an admin" (or having admin rights on a folder) about process-created files properties (like the dgvoodoo conf files).
    Last edited by lowenz; 25th Apr 2021 at 04:38.

im not trolling, stop saying im trolling. the MOMENT i chose to change the directory of voodoo to the path it is now it went to 1280x720.....plus why does it even matter if its set like that in game. doesnt seem like itll make a difference
    It's impossible 'cause it's not the default value. You must MANUALLY select it in the list to see it.
    well then explain to me why when i hover my mouse over mipmapping it says "disabling mipmapping can be used to make texture surfaces sharper"
    Because you must select "Force Point Sampled" before disabling the mipmapping, it's an option specifically intended to DISABLE every indirect filtering steps (like the mip-mapping if you know what it is -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap ).

Just force the anisotropic filtering if you want a sharper image BUT with the post-'97 era filtering. Force Point Sampled+Disabling Mipmapping is for users wanting a "DOS era graphics"-like experience.

It's impossible 'cause it's not the default value. You must MANUALLY select it in the list to see it.

Because you must select "Force Point Sampled" before disabling the mipmapping, it's an option specifically intended to DISABLE every indirect filtering steps (like the mip-mapping if you know what it is -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap ).

Just force the anisotropic filtering if you want a sharper image BUT with the post-'97 era filtering. Force Point Sampled+Disabling Mipmapping is for users wanting a "DOS era graphics"-like experience.
    ohh ok, so then is this why the voodoo isnt working? cause its in program files? how do i move it? it cant just be as simple as drag and drop somewhere else can it? i dont want to mess any sneaky upgrade settings up.

I can't know if it's the speficic cause in this case, but the problem isn't the dgVoodoo2 control panel install folder, it's the GAME install folder and the custom files (like dgVoodoo2 configuration one) you (dgVoodoo2) creates in it.

I can't know if it's the speficic cause in this case, but the problem isn't the dgVoodoo2 control panel install folder, it's the GAME install folder and the custom files (like dgVoodoo2 configuration one) you (dgVoodoo2) creates in it.
    thats what im asking, if i just simply move the GOG folder(which is where the game is) from program files to the c drive then i will be able to fix the brightness issue. since the game folder will no long be in a write protected folder.. unless its more complicated then just dragging and dropping the folder somewhere else

also to be sure, i was ONLY supposed to grab the D3D8.dll right? not the other ones D3D9, DDRAW, and D3Dlmm right? cause i only grabbed the D3D8

UPDATE INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVERS

*uninstall Sneaky Upgrade, uninstall Thief DS, reinstall Thief DS in "C:\Games" (example) and reinstall Sneaky Upgrade pointing to the new folder
    *put d3d8.dll from dgVoodoo2 MS\x86 folder in the Thief DS folder
    *point to Thief DS folder with dgVoodoo2 Configurator/Control Panel using the value I did show you in my screenshots (VRAM size doesn't really matter)

Now you get Thief DS wrapped to d3d11 and you can force the Anisotropic Filtering (16x) if you want "sharper textures" (in the Configurator) and get working the brightness IN-GAME slider.

All these steps having a "videocard" (video graphic adapter = VGA 'cause you haven't a "card" using the CPU-integrated GPU) dx10/dx11-compliant as a minimum requirement.

UPDATE INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVERS

*uninstall Sneaky Upgrade, uninstall Thief DS, reinstall Thief DS in "C:\Games" (example) and reinstall Sneaky Upgrade pointing to the new folder
    *put d3d8.dll from dgVoodoo2 MS\x86 folder in the Thief DS folder
    *point to Thief DS folder with dgVoodoo2 Configurator/Control Panel using the value I did show you in my screenshots (VRAM size doesn't really matter)

Now you get Thief DS wrapped to d3d11 and you can force the Anisotropic Filtering (16x) if you want "sharper textures" (in the Configurator) and get working the brightness IN-GAME slider.

All these steps having a "videocard" (video graphic adapter = VGA 'cause you haven't a "card" using the CPU-integrated GPU) dx10/dx11-compliant as a minimum requirement.
    any way to do it WITHOUT uninstalling anything? as the last time i uninstalled thief to fix an issue it wiped my save file.....such a pain.

also my pc says my driver is up to date

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 202530354045505560656667686970