TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 273237424752576267727374757677
Results 1,901 to 1,914 of 1914

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    That was it. After I fixed the issue with removing controller inputs from options.ini last time, the problem returned when rebooting the computer. Checking off phantom input in SneakyTweaker's gamepad section removed all issues.
    Thanks for confirming it. I guess phantom input would be more likely on a ghoster's computer?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Svperstar View Post
    Here is the log file:
    Sorry, I forgot...

Only a couple of things to note, but it looks like you've found a bug. It's probably not the cause of the crash but could you try this sneaky.dll just in case? Whether or not it works, please post another log at the spam level.

Also, you have 3 local DLLs: dxgi.dll, dsound.dll and a d3d8.dll which is newer than the one from the SU pack. Could you try again using only the SU-supplied d3d8.dll?

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Sorry, I forgot...

Only a couple of things to note, but it looks like you've found a bug. It's probably not the cause of the crash but could you try this sneaky.dll just in case? Whether or not it works, please post another log at the spam level.

Also, you have 3 local DLLs: dxgi.dll, dsound.dll and a d3d8.dll which is newer than the one from the SU pack. Could you try again using only the SU-supplied d3d8.dll?
    No problem you forgot. I have been busy and playing FF7 Remake lately.

I checked. I am using the same D3D8.dll as the latest SU download. The latest on the d3d8tod3d9 website. Version 1.12.0.

Here is my pastebin with your upgraded sneaky.dll , it didn't solve the crash. If I let it run as D3D8 it runs just fine, its just using any kind of D3D upgrade if fails.

https://pastebin.com/Xr7mRD0w

No problem you forgot. I have been busy and playing FF7 Remake lately.

I checked. I am using the same D3D8.dll as the latest SU download. The latest on the d3d8tod3d9 website. Version 1.12.0.

Here is my pastebin with your upgraded sneaky.dll , it didn't solve the crash. If I let it run as D3D8 it runs just fine, its just using any kind of D3D upgrade if fails.

https://pastebin.com/Xr7mRD0w
    That sounds like you have Special K installed for that game within its game folder, so you'd have to remove the dxgi.dll or d3d11.dll file from the folder the game executable resides in. As long as those DLL files remain, when you launch the game SK will start alongside it and auto-create the My Mods folder.
    That might be causing the problem but i noticed on my game i still needed T3SneakyUpgrade_Full__1.1.11 and (d3d8to9.dll) sure it's included in SneakyUpgrade for it to work with the New NVIDIA App. Hope you get it sorted as it looks Amazing on a HDR Monitor.
    Big Thank's to snobel for making this amazing mod
    Last edited by morgan; 26th Mar 2024 at 06:29.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan View Post
    That sounds like you have Special K installed for that game within its game folder, so you'd have to remove the dxgi.dll or d3d11.dll file from the folder the game executable resides in. As long as those DLL files remain, when you launch the game SK will start alongside it and auto-create the My Mods folder.
    That might be causing the problem but i noticed on my game i still needed T3SneakyUpgrade_Full__1.1.11 and (d3d8to9.dll) sure it's included in SneakyUpgrade for it to work with the New NVIDIA App. Hope you get it sorted as it looks Amazing on a HDR Monitor.
    Big Thank's to snobel for making this amazing mod
    Its funny you mention Special K because I tried to use it but I couldn't get it to work AngelLoader and the Thief games. I gave up on Special K. When I tried to launch games via the SpecialK launcher instead AngelLoader would launch. So people in the SpecialK discord said launch it as a service............didn't help.

Been using RTX HDR and Lilium DXVK/ReShade instead of SpecialK

The "dxgi.dll or d3d11.dll" are from DXVK not SpecialK

Whelp.

I decided to finally reinstall Thief Deadly Shadows. I backed up the save folder, then completely wiped everything. Then I verified files in Steam.

Made sure Thief 3 launches fine with a clean install.

So I tried to install the latest version of Sneaky Upgrade.

After clicking through multiple options and screens I got "The Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.11 has previously been installed, in order to continue you must uninstall it first, would you like to proceed? Yes or No?"

So I clicked yes and it said error file not found. Then it said installation failed.

Oh well. Guess I am not playing The Sneaky Mod on my new computer unless I format.

I wonder if I get on my old laptop with a cloned SSD and copy over the install of Deadly Shadows that would work?

Last edited by Svperstar; 8th Apr 2024 at 17:41.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes, that should really be improved...

You can see if this works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Yes, that should really be improved...

You can see if this works for you.
    Thanks that worked!

Got the game launching DX9 not DX8. Knew it was something in my Deadly Shadows folder keeping it from working.

In other news I forgot to backup my customized alsoft.ini. I watched a YouTube video with different HRTF profiles and found one that sounds was better on my system. Already got EAX working.

Getting AA working right has always been tricky with Deadly Shadows. SGSSAA is by far my favorite. I used the compatibility code from the big Google Doc but didn't seem to work. Need to play with it more.

Maybe to HDR via ReShade Lilium Shaders.

Thanks again.

Deadly Shadows looks great with RTX HDR and Sneaky Upgrade.........however for some reason I cannot get AA to work, not forcing it in the Nvidia control panel or using Nvidia Inspector. Weird. Not sure why.

Anyone know where in the .ini you set AA and Bloom at the same time?

Deadly Shadows looks great with RTX HDR and Sneaky Upgrade.........however for some reason I cannot get AA to work, not forcing it in the Nvidia control panel or using Nvidia Inspector. Weird. Not sure why.

Anyone know where in the .ini you set AA and Bloom at the same time?
    You can't unless you use dgVoodoo2 (forcing AA in dgVoodoo2 control panel).
    Just force FXAA or use DSR

Or just disable the Bloom effect (=Garret's eyes)

I could but its like the principle of the thing. I managed to get SGSSAA working not long ago.......I also tried ReShade for the first time and it just keeps crashing, just not having a ton of luck with this game lately. Not a huge deal, I should really be working on my backlog more. Alan Wake 2 and Baldurs Gate 3 are calling me lol

I could but its like the principle of the thing. I managed to get SGSSAA working not long ago.......I also tried ReShade for the first time and it just keeps crashing, just not having a ton of luck with this game lately. Not a huge deal, I should really be working on my backlog more. Alan Wake 2 and Baldurs Gate 3 are calling me lol
    DSR is the perfect alternative on NVidia GPUs.
    For the SSAA/MSAA you can try forcing the related values through nvidiaProfileInspector but d3d8to9 crosire wrapper + ReShade (6.1.1) and FXAA is enough (I don't use the bloom either way)

Last edited by lowenz; 16th Apr 2024 at 03:42.

Been a while since I posted in this thread, been finishing Alan Wake 2. Great game, great HDR.

So I got Deadly Shadows working with HDR AND AA.

I ended up using dglVoodoo. Turns out you can crank so much AA with that I can max out my 4080 Super.

Think about that. Can get a 2004 game to max out a GPU released in January 2024, 2nd best GPU money can buy.

Anyway RTX HDR looks pretty awesome in Deadly Shadows, it messes with the OG lightgem a bit, other then that everything looks good.

Debating playing through Deadly Shadows again. I also have EAX working thanks to mods and out of my Stax headphones it sounds great.

Say what you will about Deadly Shadows but the sound design is top notch.

I ended up using dglVoodoo.
    You mean Dege's Voodoo2, dgVoodoo2, right??

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 273237424752576267727374757677