TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Shadow Plans (17-03-2012)

Yes. Send it to me. terrydelaney@outlook.com
    Last edited by Ricebug; 14th May 2015 at 09:33.

This looks like fun

Thanks Ricebug. I'm just starting this one, with a bottle of strong wine, and I'm already loving it. Some beautiful dream-like spaces, just what I look for in a Thief FM.

Rastas: I analyzed the savegame file you sent me. Although everything is correct as far as the technical setup, the final objective ticks off but the mission does not end. It's got me stumped. Even after I reset the objectives, it still wouldn't complete.

I don't know why the mission successfully ends for some and not for others. It would not have passed beta if this had been an issue. The beta-test on this FM was brutal, and I came close to trashing the whole thing. Two of the team were seasoned Dromed-ers who made the thing possible. Although everything else was screwed up with the objectives, the mission not ending was not one of them.

I suspect it has to do with the custom gamesys, which came packaged with the level (abandoned mission I downloaded). The original designer had changed some things in the gamesys that caused all kinds of problems. Unfortunately, we didn't find out how bad it was until beta. By then, it was too late. Re-creating the gamesys from scratch would have delayed the mission another 6 months.

Maybe, when I have time, I'll have to do that. Until then, my apologies go out to the community.

That's fine I'm having a glorious time finding all the nooks and crannies, in this great mission.

Ricebug, thanks for the wonderful hours of play!!!
    If this may be of any use, my second mission won't end as well......

ETA .......anyway I enjoyed your mission so much!!!!!
    Last edited by maga; 30th Jul 2012 at 15:27.

Enjoyable Mission which, um, Never ends :)

Enjoyed this one, and will be back to linger on the flooded rooftops etc. Even though I couldn't get it to end (did everything that was expected, but the final scene failed to end the mission )

Thieve's highway entrance

I've looked all over and can't find the rooftop access. I found a long ladder behind a locked gate that looks like it would take me up but I have no key. How do I specifically get to the rooftops? Help!

The key to that gate is in the large, octagonal building in Mechanist Circle. Check yer map.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    The key to that gate is in the large, octagonal building in Mechanist Circle. Check yer map.
    Ok thanks. Didn't see that before.
    Rooftops are fun!
    One question, I think I'm in Grregory's office. There is a wall safe there. Is the key hidden close by I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Ok thanks. Didn't see that before.
    Rooftops are fun!
    One question, I think I'm in Grregory's office. There is a wall safe there. Is the key hidden close by I hope?
    Figured it out. To those interested: Look in the bedroom carefully.
    Onward!

Quote Originally Posted by rastas View Post
    I'm playing verson 1b. In Expert mode. All scripts installed. Mission won't end.

All below (except the poor) is ticked.
    Contact
    Map
    Weapons
    Ring
    Poor
    Loot
    Coins
    Find out.

Get a speech when the up lever is pulled "Assuming the blueprints didn't leave anything out, this ought to do the trick".

Would you like my Save file as well.

That happens to me too. Got all this done and the mission doesn't end. Is there anything left to do, or the mission should have ended there?
    Great rooftops BTW.

That was a bug we couldn't nail down during beta testing. The mission would end for some and not for others. Technically, everything is set up correctly.

stuck on part 2 (expert)

I´m walking in circles in the city streets i have found a key called "ladder key" and yet i can´t find its lock, where should i go now?

It opens a gate in the SE portion of town.

It opens a gate in the SE portion of town.
    thanks Terry but i can´t find that portion, is it on rooftops?

The way to the East Gate is shown in this screenie:

If you check the goals.str under miss21, the info sort of leads you. However, it's a little sketchy, even for me. Under the canal, swim to the portcullis and look up (turn up the gamma). You'll see a ladder. How to get it down? You have to first complete the objective of returning a ring. Once that's done, the ladder will be down and you can continue to the city's east side. From there on, it's mostly Thieve's Highway.

Once I finish with the current FM, I plan on returning to Shadow Plans to fix a few things. I don't remember it looking so dark, but with this new HD monitor, it seems this is the case.

Yes i have been there and Garrett comments: "i wonder how can i get up there."

where can i find the ring? and to whom should i return it?

To find the ring you have to find Istvan Varga. Once you have it, take it to the peddler in the square in the very NW corner of the city. The walkthrough on my website tells you most of it.

(I thought you were busy with your next killer FM.)

To find the ring you have to find Istvan Varga. Once you have it, take it to the peddler in the square in the very NW corner of the city. The walkthrough on my website tells you most of it.

(I thought you were busy with your next killer FM.)
    Thank you, yes i have your walkthrough, but not all steps are there written. Anyway thanks for the hints, i will go back to your mission tonight and try to find Istvan Varga.

I like to play thief 2 during wendsdays and thursdays and i dromed only a little bit during these days of the week, but my new mission should be finished this weekend and will be ready next for betatesting.

Another one with 9 objectives and all but "don't steal from the poor" checked

Good mission though

IIRC, we set up the "don't steal from the poor" as a goal that would cancel itself out if indeed you took some loot from any poor person. Took quite a few mission authors to figure it out.

Alright, finished the mission , i guess i was missing the ring task , it was lovely to replay this mission on "Expert"

Lots of fun. Thanks, Ricebug!

Hello, I downloaded version 1b of this mission and I play with a french version of thief 2 : all the objectives are empty, I can see the 4 checkboxes in expert but no text, so it's a bit difficult to know what to do
    Usually when no french translation is available I have the original english text. The strings\English folder is not empty so I suspect a configuration problem but I don't know where to search. Can someone please help me ?

Dóttirin klæðist oft móður möttli
    Which FM loader do you use?
    2 ways to fix it
    1. Edit darkinst.cfg like this: language english+french
    2. Rename the english folders in
    /intrface
    /intrface/miss21
    /books
    to french

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast