TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Pestis Cruenta (25-03-12) - Thief Reloaded Contest #2 entry

Pedro, use your sword. Do you have a bucket already? Think: Bucket, hot water, something to melt ...

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Pedro, use your sword. Do you have a bucket already? Think: Bucket, hot water, something to melt ...

Personally I prefer using the blackjack.

Another excellent mission, Haplo! (Though I've yet to go back & find the 6 devilishly-hidden secrets I missed.)

I thought the story was exceptionally well done, as were the 'flashbacks' & the ways of finding entrances to various buildings.
    And you must have used almost every available / appropriate AI skin for the Sleepers
    Had trouble picking from the sound where AI were coming from sometimes. And, in a couple of places, I heard the "party crowd" sound - which had me wondering what the "Sleepers" were actually up to

It'll be great if all the entries are this good!

It killed me to wait this long to play this one (finals week and all that), but holy F was this worth the wait! Awesome mission once again Haplo! I only got hopelessly stuck once (A NEW RECORD!!!), and that was just me being dense- great puzzles in this one, as per the usual!
    Anywho, my favorite parts:

1. Number one, easily, is the noble sitting on the chair who spins his head around Exorcist-style to look at you. My pants are officially soiled.
    2. Next-most-awesome was definitely the ghost sightings. Your ability to produce truly great scripted scenes has increased incredibly Hap, these were REALLY well done! The apartment with the little girl ghost singing to her doll gave me some serious heebie jeebies.
    3. Again, the puzzles. The brain teasers in your missions are always killer, these kept that standard high. I especially like how you wake the sleepers- that was really, really, really....good (my vocabulary is broken).
    4. The story. PRETTY TOUCHING, BRO. I might have cried a single masculine man-tear at one point. Then again, maybe it's just allergies.

Great to see more FMs from you Haplo! DON'T EVER STOP.

Thanks, and great to see you enjoyed it!

Now if I don't see a review of this mission in the next two days you'll hear from my flunkies. Does your private healthcare cover broken kneecaps?

Thanks Gloria, i turn out to figure out that i should use the sword, but whereīs the damm bucket to place in the sit? Something to melt? where?

You'll find the bucket in a small apartment in the Northquarter area. To use it: find the letter in the house of Lord Ayden ..... think: Locket in wax .... bucket .... hot water.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    You'll find the bucket in a small apartment in the Northquarter area. To use it: find the letter in the house of Lord Ayden ..... think: Locket in wax .... bucket .... hot water.

Thanks Gloria, iīve got the locket...now what do i do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Thanks Gloria, iīve got the locket...now what do i do with it?
    Pedro, after using the wax with hot water and getting the locket, the objective ticks off. If you don't have an objective concerning the locket it means you missed a letter inside the mayor's house. It is upstairs in a cabinet next to the staircase.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Pedro, after using the wax with hot water and getting the locket, the objective ticks off. If you don't have an objective concerning the locket it means you missed a letter inside the mayor's house. It is upstairs in a cabinet next to the staircase.
    Thanks Ali, iīm still missing the gemstone collection, you mentioned Bakerīs, but i only found a jewelbox on a keeper balcony...what am i missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Thanks Ali, iīm still missing the gemstone collection, you mentioned Bakerīs, but i only found a jewelbox on a keeper balcony...whatam i missing here?
    Remember the inn-keeper said: "I had to hide it in the north western corner of the city in front of the baker's shop, high in the niche in the wall where a transformer is installed."
    Go to the baker's door, turn around and look at the opposite wall. You can hear a transformer ticking above your head. Frob the gloves in the inventory and climb the wall.

Ghost
    I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get inside the mayor's house! I see a couple of doors: One doesn't frob, and the other is blocked by a huge box that I cannot move and doesn't seem to be smashable. I don't see any wood or gratings into which I can pound a vine arrow, or any frobbable sewer hole I can use to enter from below. Can I buy a clue?

Thanks,

Dafydd

It'll cost you a pint then. If I remember correctly which I might well not.

Hint. Look in the square where the sleeper chamber is.

Spoiler. Look up at the balcony and you'll see a place for a rope, then jump to the pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get inside the mayor's house! I see a couple of doors: One doesn't frob, and the other is blocked by a huge box that I cannot move and doesn't seem to be smashable. I don't see any wood or gratings into which I can pound a vine arrow, or any frobbable sewer hole I can use to enter from below. Can I buy a clue?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    By the way, did you have any trouble ghosting the mission? I managed to ghost it myself and I'm a lousy ghoster, so it should be possible.

Thanks Ali, i was sure there was something near that transformer, the only thing i didnīt know was how to use the climbing gloves...Mission Finished, thanks for this mission it was fun

I just finished playing through this very enjoyable mission. Well done Ali, well done
    I liked all the small puzzles, hidden secrets, and the actual story of the mission very much!

This FM doesn't work on 64bit XP. It crashes as soon as it is supposed to render the game.

That's odd. It worked fine on mine. Perhaps it's something else maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    It killed me to wait this long to play this one (finals week and all that), but holy F was this worth the wait!
    Hope those went well!!! Also hope you don't think you're going to get away with a review of half a dozen sentences.
    Last edited by nickie; 14th Apr 2012 at 07:38.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    I just finished playing through this very enjoyable mission. Well done Ali, well done
    I liked all the small puzzles, hidden secrets, and the actual story of the mission very much!
    Thanks, and I liked yours too. Especially the ending!

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    This FM doesn't work on 64bit XP. It crashes as soon as it is supposed to render the game.
    The FM itself has nothing to do with it. Do the other FMs work? Have you ever had any problems with the custom scripts? What are the obj_min and obj_max values in your dark.cfg?

I finally found enough free time to finish playing this. Wow! Fantastic mission, Ali! I agree with The Mike on all points. I'm not the biggest fan of all-undead missions, but there was nothing about this mission that I didn't like. There were too many memorable moments to recount here but the AI motions were outstanding, and the story was well done. I ghosted the mission and really enjoyed that experience, especially figuring out how to get through the dock area in the beginning. Again, well done and thank you!

Nice mission Haplo. I had some stumbles and a little frsutration along the way, but overall it was a very cool, fun mission. Glad you took the time to do it Best of luck with the contest.
    Black Jack
    "You might feel a bit dizzy tomorrow morning..."

Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed the mission.

Tannar, good job in ghosting the mission. If you didn't try the holy water flasks go back and have a go at them. They are fun to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Now if I don't see a review of this mission in the next two days you'll hear from my flunkies. Does your private healthcare cover broken kneecaps?
    My review is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    My review is up.
    Thanks for the review!

Remember, voting has started!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast