TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief II FM : The Overlord's Ending by FireMage -- For the Reload Contest #2

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    There are missions which have much more than the 7000 limit, and they work fine.
    Rocksbourg 3 or Heist society for example.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    To portalize, I was forced to make a vbr o' all objects, delete them all after, then, when it is done, reimport it in the mission.
    Did you only "Portalize" the mission after deleting the objects or did you as well "Optimize" it?
    Also, keep in mind that your 7500 is not the maximum number of objects etc., as some objects (e.g. projectiles fired by AIs) are created while playing the game.

To be honest, I think it's best to get rid of as many objects and brushes as possible, to get down to, let's say 6800 brushes in total. A good start would be grouping objects, e.g. using groups of books or crates instead of single objects.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    By the way, is someone who won the mission? No other trouble except Ai's foolness?
    I've only found Donal and Magrin (or his key) so far. I'm pretty lost most of the time.

The only particularly odd AIs are 3 thieves frozen in one room. I hope one of them isn't Reuben
    Last edited by nickie; 16th Apr 2012 at 11:14.

DromEd Archmage
    Who are you playing, Thief or Cop?
    Donal is with a grenade and Reuben with a dagger in the hand, they look like noble and they escape from you in cop version.

@Drk & Intruder: I was forced to delete all obj to "Optimize" actually. And yeah, I suppose that if the game crash by loading, it is surely because, a lot of event come and object appear as arrow, blood etc.
    And a lot of AI fighter are created and not teleported. But, if it is the only worst bug. Normaly, you can win with sucess.

OK I've found Reuben then (in the library), not Donal. I'm playing Thief.
    I'll go look for the grenade now. Thank you.

DromEd Archmage
    Ok, so, I think that you don't know thief gold, they are not in the same mansion.
    You are in Reuben's mansion, Thom tell you where is Reuben and Magrin tell you where is Donal.
    Thom is in an office in sewer just the second door in front of you when you leave the tunnel with green fog by the heavy door.
    But there are no importance now. Just look at you map to find the two mansions.

Donal wear a hat and he is sitting down. You can't make any mistake

It's a very, very long time since I played those levels, yes. Thom told me where Reuben was but I'd found him before that. I've got Magrin's key so I guess I just need to find what it unlocks and I'll find Magrin who'll direct me to Donal. OK, on with the show.

Thanks for the help.

DromEd Archmage
    But Nickie, Magrin is the thief sitting down who give you the key. but I have check it, hum... In french he tell you where Donal is but in english no, and I think that the sound have the false name. But don't worry, you'll find him easily, Donal's Manor is too little. You have just to visit the underground where you have found the key.

If only I could remember where that was!

Sorry for being so useless.

Edit. Yay, I've found what the key opens.
    Last edited by nickie; 16th Apr 2012 at 13:15.

DEAD link.or wrong one. or troll - all the link goes to is some file called caprice.zip. tried to download it, but something was wrong, and did not download, seems like a virus in the waiting.

Sorry if I am wrong here, but the name of this file is TOTALLY different than the name
    Overlord's Ending. with billions of malware & viruses out there, this is a red flag!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyd View Post
    DEAD link.or wrong one. or troll - all the link goes to is some file called caprice.zip. tried to download it, but something was wrong, and did not download, seems like a virus in the waiting.

Sorry if I am wrong here, but the name of this file is TOTALLY different than the name
    Overlord's Ending. with billions of malware & viruses out there, this is a red flag!
    You're right about one thing, the filename is a little odd. But it is kosher, I am afraid. The download link still works for me.

scottdy, you're wrong about the file and link, it's legitimate. If you're not having any luck with the link in the first post, try the one in my post here.

Also, you might want to check things out a bit more thorougly before you start yelling "virus!"

DromEd Archmage
    Thanks to lord Soth to send me a new link.
    So, In the first page, I have changed the link and it shall be ok.

Uh, having a had time finding my way around this.
    But a nice feeling of paranoia, when all these guards keep turning up.
    I got crashes everytime I use a mine!
    But I survived the heist as a thief.
    Now I don't know what to do.
    I think I am supposed to open the den?
    The objevtive to get Magrin have turned red?
    A little help would be appreciated.

DromEd Archmage
    Ok, about mine, I havn't crash with mine, something odd again.

So After the battle, you have to find Magrin, wait near him the boss for a conversation, after that, you have to follow them to Reuben's Mansion then, come in the court yard, when the bot explose, you have to find the den, the door is opened and Lars is waiting for you. You'll have to run, and you win.

If the objective is tick in red, this is simple: Magrin is dead
    If you talk about a red circle, it is normal, your project to block the tunnel is abandonned, you have to flee. Did you read your objectives and listen to the characters with cautious?

DromEd Archmage
    So, In France it is time to sleep .

If you want hints, just wait for tomorrow. Play as some elder thieves.
    Good luck and good night!

Where are all the keys? At least the one to open the door when I visit the captain again and one in the sewers, to open a round iron door..
    I'm running around and around .......

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

DromEd Archmage
    You're a cop, then The round can be open by thom's key, you'll find it in Reuben's mansion. This door can't be open then. You have a way to the left, when reuben throw you a dagger, you'll se a little hole where you see reuben fleeing with a woman. Near this hole, there is a gate that you can pick. If you havn't find lock picks, find Lars'office. Hint, this office is guarded by a thief with a purse, in front of it, a unarmed woman is walking, and a guy sleeping.

Master Builder 2018
    Playing as a cop. I've finished all objectives except to report back to the captain. I can't find him.

DromEd Archmage
    How can't you find him? He is near the rowboats! You know, the huge room where you see Donal fleeing with a thief.

Forgive me, but I havn't see that few people havn't understand why the ZIP have a different name of the mission.
    The reason is the same as "UNAR" by Drk: "Une nuit a rocksbourg" in french, "A Night In Rocksbourg" in english
    In french, my fun mission is called "La fin du Caprice", In english, it is called "Overlord's ending". That's all!
    Last edited by FireMage; 17th Apr 2012 at 07:07. Reason: Add something

I'm a little confused by a few of the objectives here:

The one about "Capture 3 City Watchers" - it checked off and I didn't even do anything, I was just running around trying to get away from the Bluecoats.

Later on I got "Neutral Quarters must not get empty." Not sure what that means.

After I waited around a bit, the "Defeat The Bluecoats" objective checked off, but when I went back to the area, there were still tons of Bluecoats hanging around.

Now, I'm trying to find Magrin to complete the "Seek Magrin" objective, but no luck so far. Is he near where he was before, sitting, or possibly over where it says "Magrin" on the map?

More confusion - now I'm standing outside, with a large group of people near an Auldale street sign, with an obvious invisible barrier between us and some Bluecoats standing nearby. Nobody is attacking anyone - seems like maybe a scripted event here is broken? My current objective is to "Leave the Place."

I'm playing as a cop on normal. I've done everything but meet the captain to do the report. I've walked up to everyone and it doesn't check off. Not sure whats going on here.

Master Builder 2018
    Yep, the same thing happened to me. I suppose it is possible that I didn't ever find the captain, but I think I went through the entire map and approached every cop.

I also get a crash on reload. It's really annoying to quit and enter the game each time loading a save. Yet in Darkloader instead of mission readme is shown conversation list.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast