TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Thief II FM : The Overlord's Ending by FireMage -- For the Reload Contest #2

Firemage, feel free to rebuild your fms but please don't forget to leave them available on 1.18.

DromEd Archmage
    Sorry pal! I want to let it in 1.18 too... but I can't... My wish is to make it playable with no bugs.
    The bugs are due to: scene complexy, too many objects and too many brushes. So, it's impossible to rebuild them in 1.18.
    I know that is a mess to install 1.19, and that we can be hesitant in front of this new taff. But it's necessary, or these missions shall stay buggish missions impossible to win forever. Thing that I won't.

Of course, I guess you're a player, but for a Dromeder, this patch is that I need to make correction. 1.18 got a limit that is larger with 1.19.
    Do you understand...

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    About "Horreur à St Urbain" & "A Thief's festival", it will depend If the people of TTLG want me to rebuild them or not...
    Of course it would be nice to see them updated
    I recall some invisible objects & loot in 'Fête du Voleur'... and it is not even availlable in english, is it ?
    (And please adjust the deafening Sound )

Aside from being important to update buggy missions, I hope that patch 1.19 will not only bring lots of updated old missions but more new stuff - it´s always a lot more fun to play new missions than updated old ones. But that´s probably only my opinion, when following the threads lately Everyone wants to update their old missions

DromEd Archmage
    Don't worry Florian, these missions need A REALLY BIG work about the architectures, triggers etc.
    I can make the missions larger too!

And now, because I'm more skilled and I can make 3D object, "Horror in St Urbain" would be more beautiful.
    I won't to change the area, but, now you'll see that damned Dragon !

About the "Thief's Festival", I got a great work to do! Perhaps, you won't reconize the place if you have already played it!
    But, about the translation:

I'll start with "Overlord's Ending" and "Hagen's Revange" because the work would be easier because the patch 1.19 will correct a lot of bugs.
    Just have to correct triggers. I know what are the problems! And I'll find how to remove it!

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    About the "Thief's Festival", I got a great work to do! Perhaps, you won't reconize the place if you have already played it!
    But, about the translation:
    You can count me in, but I might have questions regarding the proper translations, since my french isn't really that good.
    Last time I was in the area of the Vosges, the french guys shook their heads when I was exercising my french and instead they started talking german to me

DromEd Archmage
    Don't worry, the goal is to translate french to english. It's easier to understand a language than to speak it!
    Moreover, you won't be alone, there are some people who can help me too, and I know them!

Well, I'm stuck. Besides the initial goals, I have this cancelled one:

• Capture Lords Donal and Reuben. They must stay alive!

Then I have these two objectives completed:

• Capture the chieftains' right-hand men, Thom and Magrin.

• Optional: the third gang, called ''Ex-Beggars'' is ruled by a tough chief named ''Lars'', etc.

The only goal left is Meet the captain to do your report once your objectives are complete.

I've examined every QVAR and trigger in DromEd and nothing makes sense. So if someone could give me a nudge on how to end this mission, I'd be grateful.

BTW, I re-compiled this mission in New Dark (too many objects). Even so, it crashes hard every few minutes. Computer locks up and I have to do a cold re-start. CTRL-ALT-DEL won't respond. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm in a crowded room with 20 other cops or in a quiet hallway with no one around, it consistently locks up hard.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    FireMage,

I have just tried the new release. The cop version works much better here: killing Thom crashed the game only 3 times out of 10 trials... but this v3.0 seems to have introduced a new glitch in the thief version.
    Any time I capture three City Watchers (no matter whether BJ-ing or gassing them, anywhere) the "objective completed" message appears properly, but the game fails within a few second. The menu after the death.avi shows no problems, no red marks, only the green checkmark before this last objective.
    If this is not a bug, what am I doing wrong? Or is there a particular location, time, or method to duly capture those villains?
    I just played this mission for the first time. Lots of fun, but I couldn't get far as I have the same problem csamba mentions above. No chance of an updated version at this late date, I suppose? Thanks!

DromEd Archmage
    Hmmm.. Never say never.
    Unlike "La Fête du Voleur", I really enjoyed creating this mission and I'm not against doing an update of it.
    Moreover there were many ideas I planned to add in the mission but couldn't because of time and engine limits. So working on it again is certainly a thing I could do.

However, can't tell you when I'll start working on it once again because I'm very busy those times in real life and have many other projects to finish.
    But it will happen someday No worries !

I'm playing as a guard and I must kill Thom. I have access to Reuben's House, but I have no key for door on 2nd floor. Also room near storages is also locked. Where is the key?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567