TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spin Tires

Level 10,000 achieved

Spin Tires

The offroad truckdriving thrills of Tricky Truck combined with graphics and mud-physics which surpass even Off-Road Drive combined with a slightly wonky camera. You know what, just watch the video.

Wot RPS' Flare Path thinks: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...bog-standards/
    Wot I think: it rox
    Where u can dl: http://www.oovee.co.uk/games/upcoming-games/spin-tires/ (it's free!)

Level 10,000 achieved

Henke here with your yearly Spin Tires news flash!

I know you've all been hankerin for some quality Spin Tires info, so here you go.

News item 1: the dev team is thinking about doing a Kickstarter this year!

News item 2: the Yogscast people did a video about the 2011 demo!

Stay tuned for more juicy scoops!

Level 10,000 achieved

This thread: The one stop shop for all the Spintires news you dont care about

June 13th baby! W00t!

Moderator and Priest
    I care, Henke. I care.

Have they made a definitive announcement on whether or not there will be cockpits? I loved the tech demo, way more than Offroad Drive, but I find driving from a weird 3rd-person angle to be awkward.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Rift would likely be incredible for a "parked bum" scenario like this (because let's face it, the motion control companion technology is lagging behind the HMDs ATM). SO looking forward to the consumer version, keen to see reviews of DK2 in August!

What I want:- Star Citizen/Elite Dangerous plus Rift + a HOTAS stick set-up... OHHH YEAAHHHH! (Look at this beast of a stick! I plan to buy fo sho. Maybe some rudder pedals too.)
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 24th May 2014 at 13:18.

A hydraulic sim-cockpit would probably be more impressive than an OR setup for this imo.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

IR head tracking would be a good alternative, since any HMD will probably have lower quality panels compared to a lot of enthusiast monitors.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Have they made a definitive announcement on whether or not there will be cockpits?
    No cockpits. That's like the number one request from the fans though, so either they're working on it or they just can't figure out how to make it work.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Henke, will this be a release version or just Early Access?

Level 10,000 achieved
    It's a full release, as far as I know.

I just watched your old video again, and I'm still more enthused about the idea of charging around in the smallest vehicle than any of the bigger ones; but that latest trailer is pretty awesome regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    No cockpits. That's like the number one request from the fans though
    That's a shame, but I'm glad to hear there's a vocal demand for it. This won't seriously be on my radar until then (if I had to sacrifice one of the two views in any driving game, the external view would get the boot every time), but on the plus side I should have a pretty good idea as to whether it's going to be worth the money if/when they do get around to adding it.

Level 10,000 achieved
    The game's up on steam. I've received and activated my key, but it unlocks first at midnight. This weekend is gonna be Trucking Weekend! HONK HONK!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Downloading noooooow! Barely a 500MB installation! In 2014! That's barely enough for a TXT file these days! How will they fit all those BIG TRUCKS in there? Oh no. OH NO MAYBE THE TRUCKS ARE GONNA BE TINY! MAYBE SO TINY I WONT EVEN BE ABLE TO FIT INSIDE THEM! Serious buyers remorse over here right now. Ok henke, calm down, it's downloaded, deep breath aaaaaand... here we go.

edit: OK! Ok so uh... just played my first session of the game. The "game" part of it is very barebones. The game gives you a truck and dumps you in the wilderness. To the south there is an Objective, so I started driving towards it. On my way there I discovered the UAZ, getting close to it unlocked it, so I switched over to that one and drove around a bit and ended up getting stuck between a spruce and a hard place. Then I switched back to my other truck and headed over to the UAZ with the intent of pushing it free, but I ended up getting stuck between another spruce and a pine nearby. Since I'm playing on Hardcore there is no magical "vehicle recovery" button to get me out of situations like this. The only way of getting a truck unstuck is by getting in another truck(preferably one with a winch) and driving over to the other truck and pulling it loose. And since I'm all outta trucks I guess that's Game Over, man!
    Last edited by henke; 13th Jun 2014 at 13:33.

I wish I cared a bit more about this. It does look quite remarkable in a lot of ways. But I couldn't really I justify it.
    I speak as someone who gets the weird sense of achievement from the Sisyphean task of skidding slowly up to the top of a mountain in Rigs of Rods. But there I can have the perverse joy of smashing my truck to smithereens on the way down.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Hah. I just got a Steam achievement called "Sisyphus" for accidentally driving 300 meters with the parking brake on!

Moderator and Priest
    One day, someone is gonna release a game called Truck Truck, and Henke's head will explode from the awesomeness.

Level 10,000 achieved
    OH MY GOD LOOK AT THE TRUCK I JUST FOUND

It's got like 10 different buttons just for controlling the crane and the anchors AND it has a detachable trailer!

So, does this game have things which need doing?

Moderator and Priest
    Yup. Truck things. Hauling stuff.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Probably some things yeah. Haven't figured out what yet and the game ain't telling me shit. This is the Dark Souls of trucking games, you see.

Taking the Death Toll
    There's a sentence I'd be okay never hearing again.

"Look out! Mud."

"Try first gear"

Level 10,000 achieved
    mud ahead, be wary of getting but hole stuck

henke madly plunges into truck mud hole where others fear to tread!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast