TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CDP RED making a Cyberpunk game apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Volitions Advocate View Post
    Just for a bit of trivia and some unofficially related content. The Electronic artist "Access to Arasaka" based his entire discography on a concept from the Pen & Paper version of the game.
    That reminds me, back in 2006 or something the mobile phone game Cyberpunk - The Arasaka's Plot was released. Pretty fun game and really one of the better phone games back then. It had gameplay comparable to the excellent Flashback.

my Walkman
    Doesn't it eat your tapes, though?

Smartass

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    Witcher 2380AD. That could actually be interesting if they extrapolated the Witcher universe into the future; I always felt that "the medieval fantasy, but 2000 years later" has been somewhat of an underused concept. Aside from Warhammer 40k, I cant think of many games that do that, they usually go for completely new "look-what-kind-of-wacky-aliens-we-can-come-up-with" space oddysey SciFi.
    You may want to check science fantasy genre, though it is very diverse, so you will have to search a lot to find particular type of setting.

OOOOH, I like that Sony! I had no idea they still used the Walkman name on their .MP3 players. I had been stuck in just using shitty disposable players for years, then started relying on my Blackberry for music, and finally happily landed in iPod Touch land. I am going to read up on Sony's offerings for sure!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

I don't really see the need for dedicated portable music players in this age of smartphones. They're pretty redundant. A budget range Samsung Galaxy with an expandable memory slot (a luxury not afforded on shithouse Apple products) does the job fine.

Also if you need playback of a non-standard format (eg FLAC, Ogg Vorbis), then grab an appropriate player app from Google Play. On your dedicated players you're probably stuck with standard MP3, M4A (and maybe WMA too), unless you have custom firmware or similar.

Taking the Death Toll
    hey hooplehead sheepfucker maybe not everyone can afford a decent smartphone especially with all the strings phone companies like to attach

Still Subjective
    True, but the market for people who want a cheap phone and a good music player over a decent smartphone (not a cutting edge one) must be pretty small, especially as economically it can't really add up.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Good music players don't tether you to fuckawful service plans. I'm quite happy with a separate mp3 player and dumb phone.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    True, but the market for people who want a cheap phone and a good music player over a decent smartphone (not a cutting edge one) must be pretty small, especially as economically it can't really add up.
    Actually you'd be surprised. Part of it is about battery life -- my friend's girlfriend carries a separate music player because she listens to music all day so often the phone battery wouldn't last through the day. Whereas my friend only listens to music on the bus.

Those are shit. Mine worked for about 2 weeks.

And yeah, the battery life on a smartphone when listening to mp3's is like 4 goddamn hours or something. Not to mention that an mp3 player serves a useful purpose for me and a smartphone doesn't.
    Last edited by Jason Moyer; 20th Jan 2013 at 23:04.

I have 2, one is 3 and the other is 5 years old, both work flawlessly. Looks like I derailed the thread.

verbose douchebag
    I love the Sony walkman, but the two I have had broke in way too short a time, so I can't be going back to one until I know for sure they've sorted their issues. Also, just +1 what Dethtoll said about battery life. I travel a lot and like to have my tunes. I also need my phone to have its full battery so I can make calls and use google maps. I do have and Anker 10,000 mAh external battery which will charge my phone 3 times, but I tend to keep that for when I watch films / TV on planes, trains etc as it is a little heavy. Also, I like my music player to have physical buttons so I can skip tracks in the pocket. Anyone mentioning controller headphones should either point me in the direction of some that has the sound quality of my sennheisers or keep quiet.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    hey hooplehead sheepfucker maybe not everyone can afford a decent smartphone especially with all the strings phone companies like to attach
    Quote Originally Posted by catbarf
    Good music players don't tether you to fuckawful service plans. I'm quite happy with a separate mp3 player and dumb phone.
    I give you the best of both worlds option.

The $349 tag for the 16GB rev is it's price as is, without any carrier strings attached. It might be a little expensive if all you want is an MP3 player, but it's damn cheap for a good smartphone. Plus, you don't have to jump through all the hoops and face all the hidden gotchas you'd have to face signing up for a two year contract. You could buy it, then sign up for a month by month or prepaid plan if you wanted.

As for my iPod, iTunes/iOs can natively convert about anything to .mp3 on my Air laptop. And I have a Galaxy S2 that just sucks batteries like there is no tomorrow. I listen to headphones @ work for 5-7 hours straight and I am unable to recharge as I go from running the backhoe, then over to the forklift, on to the trailer, maybe to the warehouse on foot, etc... ad nauseum. I actually take what I call my 'work phone' with me to work. Just a basic call/text/no memory/no internet phone that can go for 3 days without a charge with constant use.
    Last edited by gunsmoke; 21st Jan 2013 at 17:58.

Still Subjective
    Actually you'd be surprised. Part of it is about battery life -- my friend's girlfriend carries a separate music player because she listens to music all day so often the phone battery wouldn't last through the day. Whereas my friend only listens to music on the bus.
    Trooo. My Galaxy Nexus battery life it pretty poor and its not suitable for listening to music on long journeys.

When they get on top of battery tech though...

PC Gamering Smartey Man

RE: battery life, forcing a phone to use 2G connections improves battery life significantly. GSM networks are still pretty dominant in Oceania.

Also doing common sense shit like turning off the likes of Wifi, Bluetooth and data usage when you don't need them.

maybe not everyone can afford a decent smartphone especially with all the strings phone companies like to attach
    Do you not have prepaid phones in Murica? Plans are only worth bothering with if you need the phone for business/work.

hey hooplehead sheepfucker
    Aren't you into your thirties now? You're still launching into unprovoked ad hominem, fucking Christ.

Taking the Death Toll
    It's not an ad hominem (you are from New Zealand) and it's certainly not unprovoked (you're obnoxious as hail and you like to call Americans "cheeseburger inhalers") so, you know, whatever.

Also, that thing you do where you act like you're so fucking smart? Nobody loves you.

Moderator and Priest
    An ad hominem attack isn't even calling someone a name. If you argue a response succinctly enough, then end it with "and let that be a lesson to you, you stupid goddamn piece of fucking shit. I hope you choke on a cock", that's not an ad hominem fallacy. You're just being rude. An actual ad hominem attack is more like...

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02
    Do you not have prepaid phones in Murica? Plans are only worth bothering with if you need the phone for business/work.
    Yeah? Like I expect some dipshit stupid Japanese anime weaboo to know anything about cellphone plans.

See? I didn't rebut any point of your post. I ignored everything you said, and instead attacked your credibility by drawing attention to the name you happened to choose for this particular forum.

This...this...is an ad hominem attack.

I hope you learned something.

(you are from New Zealand)
    He's not the only one. *

*Not actually mad

Moderator and Priest
    KIWIS! KIWIS EVERYWHERE! :O

I am all about the prepaid. Virgin Mobile is $25 a month for unlimited text/3G web (throttled after so many gigs, but I have never come close) and 300 talk minutes. I rarely use all of my talk minutes, and it allows you to keep a balance to draw more minutes @ 10 cents per if you do go over. Uses Sprint's network. Both of my phone's are Virgin and keeping both of them on is less than one phone on the Sprint plan my girlfriend and daughter use. It is like $75 per phone per month (Sprint).

Just for a bit of trivia and some unofficially related content. The Electronic artist "Access to Arasaka" based his entire discography on a concept from the Pen & Paper version of the game. I quite like it and its the glitch that I have on most heavy rotation on my Walkman / Android.
    Agreed, thanks for the find. Related to the choice of music for a Cyberpunk game, here's an edit of the trailer with different music published earlier today by Perturbator (of Hotline Miami fame).

Fits the theme better than the original pop-rock song IMO.
    Last edited by Briareos H; 4th Feb 2013 at 12:21.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Rumoured to be FPS-RPG immersive sim like Deus Ex. YES, YES, YES, first person perspective is best perspective.

To catch people on actual facts and not rumours, the game will have a SP focus, no micro-transactions. It will also likely be a next generation console game (or at least a PS4/PS5 cross-gen title).

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 24th Apr 2018 at 13:19.

There is some info about CP2077 in E3 thread, but if anyone is interested in quite detailed description of the demo...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast