TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CDP RED making a Cyberpunk game apparently

Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay:

Looks great!

Just watched it. Gameplay, world, and story all look to be pretty great.
    More story driven than Skyrim and GTA V, which makes it more cinematic.
    Still looking forward to just cruising the city and openly exploring though.

I shudder to think what pc specs will be needed when this comes out.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Here's the PC the demo was running on.

(And there's always PS4/Xbox1)

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah that looks amazing. Combat looks great, driving looks good. I like how malleable the storyline seems. Witcher 3 was great at weaving different quest-lines into each other and I hope this can do the same.

Specific wonderful details I loved:
    -the combat-medics that show up when someone with a specific chip is injured. I can already imagine how they might play into future missions as friendlies/foes.
    -sitting in the backseat of a car and having a conversation while it's driving through the city on a what I can only assume is a somewhat unscripted path.
    -the bossfight has the boss shooting projectile bullets instead of hitscan, which means you can dodge them, which means fun combat.
    -the slow-mo dash is also wonderful.
    -the part with hacking the enemy's guns and going into melee combat was awesome.

I finally got around to watching that full trailer, and it does look amazing.

But that dialogue...

It's the most juvenile clichéd action movie badass speak I've ever heard. I don't know if I could stand that for a whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    It's the most juvenile clichéd action movie badass speak I've ever heard.
    That's kinda Pondsmith's whole thing as far as I can tell. The Rules of the setting, as listed in the 2020 manual, are 1) Style over substance 2) Attitude is everything 3) Always take it to the Edge, but at least the final rule is to break the rules so maybe there's a way out of the 80s action movie cheese.

I played CP2020 as a kid and thought it was the coolest thing ever, but I definitely hope the game is more CDPRed than Pondsmith.

I never played 2020 although I had heard of it. So I didn't know what to expect.

Her style actually fits that game.

Chakat sex pillow
    I'll say.

Ok, there it is fresh from E3. A new cinematic trailer followed by a little intro presentation by Keanu Reeves at the 4-minute mark and a teaser montage of a few in-game scenes. Not a fan of the increasing crossover between AAA videogames and Hollywood talent, but the crowd loved him and that "breathtaking" exchange got a chuckle out of me, I'll give 'em that.

Release date is set for 16.04.2020, though I noticed it only said Windows PC and Xbox One in the corner. I'm out of the loop, is that just 'cause it's Microsoft's event, or is Sony sitting this one out? Not much else new info unless you wanna start dissecting that short montage for scraps. Anyone know if CDPR are meant to be showing gameplay over the next couple of days?

Timed exclusivity I think. Very nice trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Timed exclusivity I think. Very nice trailer.
    I don't think it's timed exclusively.

You can purchase (preorder) the game for all platforms right now.

I love that cityscape. Not sure if that was a cutscene or part of the open world.

Kinda reminds me of the last two Deus Exes, but I'll definitely buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Kinda reminds me of the last two Deus Exes, but I'll definitely buy it.
    Well... PC Gamer says:

Cyberpunk 2077 feels like Deus Ex with an obscene budget and Keanu Reeves.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-20...2019-gameplay/

Another impressions from E3 gameplay demo (terrible sound):

And nice interview:

With The Witcher 3 we did the branching storylines in open world. In this game we wanted to do branching storylines in open world and add the branching gameplay.
    Last edited by bukary; 12th Jun 2019 at 16:45.

Damn, the hype on this game is big. And so is the budget.

This could replace Deus Ex as my personal favorite game of all time. Or it could go down in game development infamy as an over-ambitious project that collapsed under the weight of big ideas and big egos. Or it could be another unfinished gem that's rushed to market to stop the bleeding of cash.

I can't wait to see how this turns out. I haven't felt this sort of anticipation since Bioshock.

That's a good way to characterize it. Whatever it does, win or lose, it's going to do it in epic style.

The success of the Witcher franchise gave them a good footing to try to pull of a project like this, but this is already in a field of its own compared to any other current franchise.

Really, RPS? Really?

Is this journalist that stupid, or is it because RPS desperately needs some good readings on the statcounter?
    Last edited by bukary; 19th Jun 2019 at 03:12.

It evidently worked, because up until now I had no idea this nontroversy even existed. Just a thought: maybe if people didn't give them such a huge amount of attention and make such a big deal out of this, they would stop doing it.

I expected that reaction to come from somewhere. Going Hollywood with the marketing raises its profile and draws more critical eyeballs. Personally, I don't find anything actually offensive, but some of the clichéd dialogue makes my eyes roll. Somebody who is looking for things to be offended about could easily pick on some of character stereotypes.

I don't want to be talking too much to characters in a game like this to begin with. I want to cruise in my flying car through back alleyways, weave through oncoming traffic, and knock a few people off of hoverbikes. Priorities, people.

Really sounds like you're looking for more of a Cyborg Highway type experience...

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    I expected that reaction to come from somewhere. Going Hollywood with the marketing raises its profile and draws more critical eyeballs. Personally, I don't find anything actually offensive, but some of the clichéd dialogue makes my eyes roll. Somebody who is looking for things to be offended about could easily pick on some of character stereotypes.
    It's not like the article was exactly eviscerating the game either. It had some concerns about the stereotypes they saw in the demo and some of the gameplay mechanics and that's it. People are so sensitive these days that any amount of mild criticism is elevated to the status of "huge outrage!". The article didn't say the devs were racist, didn't say the game should be banned, didn't demand for anyone to be fired, didn't say CD Project should stop making games, yet some of the reaction to it is as if it did all of the above.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast