TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: CDP RED making a Cyberpunk game apparently

The announcement mentioned they were struggling to test 9 different versions of it.

Just a guess, but I'm wondering if they're having compatibility trouble with the PS5 and/or new XBox Series. With those consoles launching in a couple weeks, just in time for the holidays, they must be very important to CDP Red's release strategy.

I got the impression it was vice-versa: They're having trouble on the current generation of consoles.

Strange, because the game was developed for the current generation of consoles and there won't be a native PS5 or XBox X version until next year. For now, they have to get the PS4 and XBox 1 versions working on the next generation consoles using backwards compatibility features.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    Just a guess, but I'm wondering if they're having compatibility trouble with the PS5 and/or new XBox Series.
    They've come out and said it was the last gen consoles (PS4, Xb1) that they're having issues with.
    “This situation is different compared to previous changes to the deadline. The game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current-gen consoles.”
    https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cd-pr...-gen-consoles/

Moderator and Priest

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

A night and day difference. Yeah, I say wait for that PS5/XbSX patch due next year. (Knowing CDPR, it's probably going to launch unpolished and need several months of patching anyway.)

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    (Knowing CDPR, it's probably going to launch unpolished and need several months of patching anyway.)
    Having seen the first wave of reviews, I'd say you're not wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Paper Shotgun
    As I say, we’ve not been blessed with early access to the game ourselves, but really: every review I’ve read calls out an unexpected and unpleasant quantity of bugs. They range from small silly ones like T-posing and physics freakouts to some missions being unfinishable and straight-up crashes. GameSpot call it “phenomenally buggy”. PC Gamer say it is “absolutely sick with bugs.” IGN say it has “loads of distracting bugs”. Eurogamer note that when it comes to bugs, “unfortunately there are a lot of them”. Even the most glowing review I saw warned of bugginess. Sounds like another delay might’ve been good, tbh, if they’re coming down to the wire even after crunching.

The game that reviewers played is not the game we’ll get to play this week, mind. PCG’s review noted that a huge patch dropped in the middle of the process, which fixed some issues but not nearly enough, and CDPR told them another patch was coming. People who’ve preloaded the game say that preloads were patched today too. CD Projekt Red certainly seem to be plugging away, but how much will they actually fix by launch?
    Source

Level 10,000 achieved
    Hmm, yeah. I was gonna play this on console, but I think I'll wait till I can get my hands on a PS5 some time in 2021. Hopefully it'll've been patched till then.

verbose douchebag
    Had it on pre-order, so decided to give it a spin. HAd about 2 hours so far. It's pretty glitchy, but runs well on my modestly spec'd PC and gameplay and atmosphere are SOLID.
    Giving me strong DX:HR / MD vibes (which I guess is also indicative of DX having borrowed heavily from Cyberpunk) mixed with the good worl building of TW3.
    Really hoping the drip feed of bug fixes moves faster than my progression, which seems likely given how little time I actually have.

I was originally thinking I could get a good amount of playing time over the holidays because I'm normally off work for 1.5 to 2 weeks. A lot of people probably had the same idea, which is why they stuck to the release date despite all the bugs. But now I have to work through the break, so there's not much point in starting now. I might as well wait until the quality has improved.

Taking the Death Toll
    Cyberpunk so far seems to be quite the disaster. Aside from the technical issues, the PR problems, treating their employees like garbage, trading on transphobia and orientalism in place of having a deep story (orientalism isn't a problem confined to this property, to be fair; it's kind of endemic to the cyberpunk genre as a whole) there's also the deliberate inclusion of a simulation of an epileptic-seizure-inducing device in the game.

Gamers responded to this news in their own inimical style.

verbose douchebag
    Holy shit, that's awful.

Sounds like they're imitating my awful ex-bandmate.

It sounds like, past the bugs and optimization issues and controversy, this thing is evidently quite far from the promise of a Deus Ex with the scope of Witcher 3. It sounds like it has far less actual roleplaying potential than even The Outer Worlds. I've been reading quite a few reviews saying the side quests are a far cry from Witcher 3's deeply written choices, and instead are faceless fetch quests. Broken stealth, bad AI, lifeless NPCs, etc. Consider my expectations fully tempered.

I didn't expect Deus Ex-like gameplay, and certainly not a Deus Ex-style story featuring exploration of themes.

I did expect an upgrade system, stealth and combat options, detailed world building, factions to choose between, non-linearity, and incentives for completing optional quests and exploring, in terms of information, experience, or items gained.

I also knew I was going to get a lot of attitude and over the top dialogue that might be cringe worthy and immersion-breaking, but I was resigned to that.

Level 10,000 achieved
    The other day someone on twitter described it as "Deus Ex with cars" and my hype-levels shot through the roof.

Still, I'm gonna restrain myself from getting it for a little while.

If only...

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    I did expect an upgrade system, stealth and combat options, detailed world building, factions to choose between, non-linearity, and incentives for completing optional quests and exploring, in terms of information, experience, or items gained.
    I've only played two sessions, total of 5 hours so far, and it has exactly all of that. Just did the braindance walkthough, like a mix of Strange Days snuff movies and the Blade Runner photo analysis. Anyone into the actual cyberpunk stuff, I don't see how you wouldn't enjoy the hell out of CP2077.

Runs great and loads fast maxed out on my old Skylake build, granted at a lower resolution, but these people with massive graphics cards complaining about performance in every other game have some serious bottlenecks elsewhere. Only seen two bugs, both visual - a T-pose and a girl on a barstool without thighs, obviously to do with crowd spawning.

I was the most hyped about 1,5 years ago when I re-read Neuromancer, but when the delays started I stopped paying attention and stayed away from info and trailers, even lost interest until it started to be clear that it was in fact coming out. Really don't want to spoil stuff this time like I did with both Prey and Alien Isolation.
    A lot of people sure enjoy being disappointed more than they enjoy any game, is what I think.
    It is a bit expensive though, so I wouldn't get it until I could play it. Definitely one of those games that can't be played less than 1,5-2 hours at a time, if you enjoy just being in the setting, I mean.

7.62x51mm ammo is the new 747.

Fantasies are engaging because they comment on and engage with our reality. No fantasy is pure escapism, and no story can be written that doesn't carry real world messages, even if they are more implicit than explicit. Fantasies are only interesting because of this - a work which bore no relation to lived experience would be impossible to relate to on any level. To say that one should not apply a critical lens to fantasy because 'it's just fantasy' is equivalent to an ostrich shoving its head in the dirt. These things do have real world consequences, and asking people not to criticize or engage with potentially harmful messaging is quite frankly a terrifying thing. Media is a prime way that cultural ideas get disseminated and reinforced, especially harmful ones. Bringing that to light is extremely important.

I am very tired of this idea that politics are somehow recursive, as if the only thing that can and should be political is politics itself. No, sorry - everything is political, whether you like it or not, and nobody should stop pointing that out so you can go back to hiding in your cave and enjoying your escapism. And in this case, we're even discussing a work which is explicitly political and practically begging to be engaged with on that level. So enough applying the 'if you don't like this country you can git out!' logic. It has never held water.

P.S. if a minority group that you're not a part of points out a representation problem, maybe you should consider listening to them instead of arguing. I would hope you can see the issue with responding to someone telling you something is hurting them by telling them there's no problem? And did you even read the articles? I assume not, given that your message ended with the same non-apology CDPR got in trouble for tweeting.
    Last edited by froghawk; 12th Dec 2020 at 22:32.

Ah, I see, you edited the 'I completely disagree' bit out of your post after I replied to make it appear more amiable, then pulled your usual approach of entirely ignoring the substance of what I said. And really, you expect me to remember what you posted a year ago?

You certainly do keep saying that, anyway....

El Shagmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    There is this thing called debate you know.
    Which you are also horrible at, but we already knew that.

(Can someone quote my post? icebaby put me on ignore 'cuz I made him blow a gasket a while back :3 And froghawk, for future reference when dealing with icewhiner, screencap/quote, or this mofo will delete all evidence of his bullshit to cover his dumb ass. Cheers!)

The thing is you're not really offering a counterpoint, and you dont seem to understand that. You are just writing a whole bunch of words which mean nothing. As June said above, its why people here get so exasperated with you.

'People keep shutting down debate' says the one guy who has been blocking people when they call him out on the fact that he appears completely unable to absorb or comprehend anyone else's positions

All I can say is CP2077 is definitely going in my Top 10 Train Derailment Compilation.

Cuz the hype train definitely crashed lmao

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast