TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: CDP RED making a Cyberpunk game apparently

The announcement mentioned they were struggling to test 9 different versions of it.

Just a guess, but I'm wondering if they're having compatibility trouble with the PS5 and/or new XBox Series. With those consoles launching in a couple weeks, just in time for the holidays, they must be very important to CDP Red's release strategy.

I got the impression it was vice-versa: They're having trouble on the current generation of consoles.

Let's just hope that EA or Microsoft doesn't step in and take over CD Projekt / GoG moments prior to release.

Strange, because the game was developed for the current generation of consoles and there won't be a native PS5 or XBox X version until next year. For now, they have to get the PS4 and XBox 1 versions working on the next generation consoles using backwards compatibility features.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    Just a guess, but I'm wondering if they're having compatibility trouble with the PS5 and/or new XBox Series.
    They've come out and said it was the last gen consoles (PS4, Xb1) that they're having issues with.
    “This situation is different compared to previous changes to the deadline. The game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current-gen consoles.”
    https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cd-pr...-gen-consoles/

Moderator and Priest

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

A night and day difference. Yeah, I say wait for that PS5/XbSX patch due next year. (Knowing CDPR, it's probably going to launch unpolished and need several months of patching anyway.)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567