TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you kicking?

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Must play that series at some point. Love the look of those games. Some people HATED FMV games, but me I love them. B-Grade acting and all, still love em.
    I'm gonna back up what Starker said. The Tex Murphy games had far more in common with the old Sierra and Lucasarts adventures than it did The 7th Guest, Sewer Shark, Myst, or Night Trap. FMVs were only used to portray the conversations and cutscenes.

Obviously. The two games are entirely different. Though in 7th Guest it wasn't constant FMV stuff just when you'd reach a new bit in the game or complete a puzzle etc.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

HAH! The "have George Zeits as a stretch goal" schtick has become a meme over at Codex.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_t72x_9pik
    The Fall is looking for donations to fund development. It's a story-driven game with "metroidvania"-esque exploration and puzzle-solving inspired by Monkey Island and other Adventure games. The story and gameplay deal with working within and around the constraints of Issac Asimov's 3 Laws of Robotics and fighting for emerging civil rights in a sci-fi world where artificial intelligence is beginning to become self-aware.

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 4

verbose douchebag
    I think I will be kicking the living shit out of Pulsar: Lost Colony.

5-player co-op sci-fi ship and planey exploration with randomised galaxies and crew permadeath? Sign me up!

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by ToolHead View Post
    Prototype gameplay footage. The stylised art direction is very pretty, IMO.

The Kickstarter is in its final week and could use a hand to get over the $200,000 goal. The Occulus Rift stretch goal was moved forward and they now plan to implement it if they meet their initial funding target.

Yeah; it's not looking too good w/r/t/ the financing of this project. A shame; they probably shouldn't have waited until 8 days from deadline before showing us the first gameplay footage.

Is there any good site(s) for seeing lists of game related kickstarters currently in progress other than the actual kickstarter website? RPS used to do a special on it each week, but stopped a few months ago.

Taking the Death Toll
    Been wondering this myself.

verbose douchebag
    The KS website is awful to browse, so I'd also be interested.

In good news, Pulsar: Lost Colony reached its goal
    That makes about 10 projects I've backed now - none of which I've played yet

Well I've found a half answer to my earlier question. I say half since it's a thread on the RPS forums:

Link

It's a sticky thread created by moderators of the forums, listing the various kickstarters in-progress. It is not as comprehensive and doesn't have the amount asked for vs amount raised, winners / losers etc etc of the proper RPS articles sadly.

[edit]
    A few kickstarters I'm watching currently:

Edge of Eternity - JRPG that sounds interesting. Very unlikely that this one will make it across the line.

Asking for: 200k
    Raised: 20k
    Days Left: 17

Undead Overlord - This one might make it. Not sure.

Asking for: 60k
    Raised: 11k
    Days Left: 23

Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville - I loved Rebuild 1 & 2. Really fun flash games. This one looks like it will cross the line + hit some stretch goals. If they do a PC port I might chip in.

Asking for: 25k
    Days Left: 22

Universum - This one I'm nearly definitely going to chip in for, as its a RTS/RPG and MOBA all in one. Best of all, the vast majority of it was all done by 1 person. Unbelievable. Already hit its initial goal and definitely going to hit many of its stretch goals I'm betting.

Asking for: 20k
    Raised: 23k (1st stretch goal is for 50k)
    Days Left: 23
    Last edited by icemann; 9th Oct 2013 at 03:03.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by ToolHead View Post
    Yeah; it's not looking too good w/r/t/ the financing of this project. A shame; they probably shouldn't have waited until 8 days from deadline before showing us the first gameplay footage.
    I'd be surprised if The Long Dark it DIDN'T get funded. It probably hasn't been fully funded by now because peoples' wallets are suffering "Kickstarter fatigue", i.e. there's been a lot of BIG KS campaigns recently like Mighty No. 9, Shantae and Hyper Light Drifter.

Regardless of the Kickstarter's success, the game is happening since they got a $1m loan from the Canadian government. The KS' purpose is deliver the additional funding that they believe will help bring their full vision to fruition.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...a/posts/607852
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 9th Oct 2013 at 21:06.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post

Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville - I loved Rebuild 1 & 2. Really fun flash games. This one looks like it will cross the line + hit some stretch goals. If they do a PC port I might chip in.

Asking for: 25k
    Days Left: 22
    They're absolutely doing a PC version, have a read of the KS campaign page.

Probably the thing that caught my eye the most is the fact that developer is married to the Incredipede guy, Colin Northway. That game is probably more infamous for its storied trip onto the Steam marketplace than anything else.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/09/no...dipedes-story/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/06/ho...ed-onto-steam/
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 10th Oct 2013 at 03:39.

Interesting. Nice artwork in Incredipede by the look of the video.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The Long Dark has raised $190,000/$200,000 with 4 days to go. Probably gonna make it.

Jennifer Hale (Femshep) is voicing a character! Also starring Elias Toufexis (Adam Jensen) and Mark Meer (Broshep) as the protagonist Will Mackenzie.

Beautiful:-

New game from the dude who made Aquaria, which would makes it very tempting for me to back on its own but the art style is also bloody lovely so there goes some money.

Chakat sex pillow
    !!

Looks nothing like Aquaria. Alec's back on music duties. Pissy goth cat who doesn't wear pants. Smacks mail boxes with a baseball bat, plays baseball with old tube lights from a dumpster with a friend for kicks.

Fucking SOLD.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Never played Aquaria, and I ain't gonna! But yeah that looks pretty great. It's gonna fly so far past it's goal that it's crazy, so I'm not gonna pledge.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Never played Aquaria, and I ain't gonna!
    2deep4u

Level 10,000 achieved
    Several fathoms too deep!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Holy crap, Cyan is actually working on a new game - Obduction. It's about freaking time. I couldn't back it fast enough.

But isn't a little weird that they need to be funded? Guess they pretty much figured hitting their goal would be an automatic, so why not.

Several Ex LucasArts guys are making a new game called Super Roman Conquest
    Link: Here

Like the look of this one. Might back it.

I also ended up backing 2 of some of the games I mentioned earlier Universum and Rebuild 3.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    But isn't a little weird that they need to be funded? Guess they pretty much figured hitting their goal would be an automatic, so why not.
    Not weird at all. They seem to have been keeping the doors open from solely doing ports of Myst/etc Myst spin-offs/sequels to mobile and the like, releasing their back catalogue on digital distribution services. Those sort of things tend to be relatively cheap to do in terms of money and manpower, perfect for a small scale indie.

Considering the success of Myst and Riven, and what I perceive to be a successful company, why do you feel that you need to raise funds on Kickstarter? Why are there not residual profits to invest in this project?

There aren't really any residuals on the older games. We've been staying alive as an independent studio by converting some of the older game to mobile platforms like iPhone and iPad. Profits that we made back in the day on Myst and Riven were used for Myst Online development, and other business related stuff (not sports cars, mansions, yachts, etc.)

So, with all that said. The money that we're making from the mobile market is helping us do the initial design of Obduction. But beyond that we don't have the funds to produce a large game like Obduction without the Kickstarter funding.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...n/posts/634728

Of note, Universum has passed its goal and might pass its first stretch goal (50k) and Rebuild has passed its goal and is 3k off its first stretch goal with 3 days to go.

The 7th Guest 3 kickstarter launched today. I'm so all over this one:
    Link

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025 ... LastLast