TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you kicking?

Backed Consortium: The Tower. Deus Ex + Die Hard 1? + the game doesn't stop if you turn against your mission goals. Sounds good to me.

Also backed CONSORTIUM. I wasn't all too impressed with the execution of the last game, but their design goals are really something I want to see in games, and they will certainly get better at making games as they go along. Plus it doesn't hurt that they give upgrades to original backers

That does look fantastic. I hope they can clean up the character design and animations a bit before release and we might have something special on our hands. How was their previous game? It seemed like such a novel concept when it was first announced but then it just vanished into oblivion. So many games like this, Satellite Reign, Stasis, etc... You hear about them a lot when they're announced but when they get released, nothing...

Really? I've said heaps about Satelite Reign (all positive). RPS did a few articles also.

The main gist of Satelite Reign: If you loved Syndicate (the isometric games), you'll love it.

Yeah, it's on my list of Kickstarted games I should play one of these days... If I remember correctly, Malf really liked Satellite Reign too.

RPS has a post up about the Torment beta, and while it sounds like the game currently suffers from an obnoxious tutorial section (something that's very tricky to get right), it seems that Richard Cobbett is very happy with what he's seen of the main game. Definitely looking forward to that one - though I think I should try and play Pillars of Eternity beforehand, since I could imagine that PoE might feel a bit humdrum compared to Torment.

Curious what everyones most anticipated Kickstarter games are for this year. I know we have the anticipated games thread, but having it purely to the games you backed on kickstarter would make it interesting.

For me:

* Aegis Defenders
    * Moon Hunters (beta released a few days ago for all backers but I've yet to have a play)
    * Paradise Lost: First Contact
    * Torment

Chakat sex pillow
    I backed Hyper Light Drifter, and that's it. Can't wait to see the finished product. I also wish I'd backed Night in the Woods and Rain World, but forgot to/couldn't be arsed at the time. They are shaping up nicely though.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    * Moon Hunters (beta released a few days ago for all backers but I've yet to have a play)
    I did give it a spin(thanks again for the extra key! ). Plays much like the iOS game Wayward Souls, but even harder, and it has some pretty impressive emergent storytelling.

Progress of my backed projects:

Giana Sisters - released, and kinda meh.
    Sui Generis - prologue released, great stuff.
    Distance - beta released, very happy with it.
    Spintires - released, THE CATS BALLS. Map editor still to be released tho.
    LA Game Space bundle - released, some cool stuff in there.
    Convoy - released, it was ok.
    Kna - beta of episode 1 scheduled for end of this month.
    Wildfire - Mar 2016
    STRAFE - May 2016

Overall I've been very happy with this whole Kickstarter thing. Will definitely keep backing projects I believe in.
    Last edited by henke; 26th Jan 2016 at 04:57.

I'm moderately (emotionally) invested in a couple of Kickstarters, though nothing like back in the first one or two years. The Kickstarter project I'm most looking forward to checking out these days isn't a game, it's Charlie Kaufman's Anomalisa, which I'm hoping I won't miss at the cinema. (It'll probably be on for five minutes only, and if I blink I'll have missed it.)

However, I'm very much hoping that Tangiers will happen, though I'm not optimistic. It seems that the guy doing it has met with a lot of misfortune, and the money he got out of the Kickstarter probably wasn't all that much to begin with.

Much of it is luck of the draw in how much money a project will get unless it has the big names behind it, sadly.

I've only had 1 I've backed so far totally implode very early on. Confederate Express. Though I suspect the whole kickstarter was a sham and he just took the money and ran. As all we got was 2 kickstarter updates after the campaign was done.

Rest have been good - excellent with updates. Underworld, Shadowrun and Torment have been the best in terms of info provided throughout beginning - current state of the projects.

It never ever occurred to me to back a video game on Kickstarter, not least because every single one has ultimately retailed for much less down the line. I wouldn't criticise anyone who did though. The only things I've ever backed have been designer toys.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Usually kickstarters for games allow you to buy the game for less than when it's released. Couple of examples, I got 7 Days to Die for $15, and it's on Steam now for $25, and I got The Long Dark for $15 and it goes for $20. You could also get Underworld Ascendant for $20 and Obduction for $25, and I'm guessing those games will be released for more than that.

Of course, if you're talking about Steam sales a year down the road after release, that's a different story.

I'm still hopeful on Tangiers too, and so far it's the only Kickstarter project I've given to that's looking grim. My issue with Tangiers is they aren't very good on communication - there's been a lack of updates, their web site went down, but the creators still manage to post often on twitter about things not related to the game. You'd think they'd put a little more effort into communicating with people who actually wrote them a check. If a project dies but the devs are above board on the reasons why and how, I'm completely fine with it.

The other side is that backing games allows you some insight into the inner workings of games development + development at possibly a company you particularly like. Another is it lets you show your appreciation to a company you like or one composed of many / some of the people from a company you liked (ala Otherside Entertainment for System Shock or 5 Lives Entertainment for Syndicate).

Chakat sex pillow

I'm pretty excited. It's always great to see something you wanted to do well come along nicely, and as an added bonus, this looks like it could be every bit as special as that initial Kickstarter trailer promised. It's been a slightly long wait, but it's almost here now.

Backed Inner Chains. 4 hours left to go on this. Love the hell dimension style look to it.

Music sounds excellent also.

Backed Insomnia a few weeks ago.

Needs another 12k which isn't that much really, but thing's have slowed down quite a bit. Very Fallout-ish kinda game and has Brian Fargo and Chris Avellone behind it which is a positive straight away. Hope the campaign makes it.

Ooh this actually sounds really cool.

And I recently backed the now successful Kickastarter for Arcadian Atlas, my first kickstarter backing ever. I donno, I just felt like "helping" fellow devs who had less than 24hrs left and needed the funds. Seems like a very faithful SNES / FFT inspired game and their constant updates (before their KS) made me actually believe they can get it done.

Backed Transmission. Game in which you are the sole survivor of a crash on an alien planet and need to find means of an escape. Sounds quite interesting.

This is one of the first things I've seriously considered backing.

Immediately makes me think of Pigs in Space.

Backed Hellhunter. Sounds like a fun game.

I quite liked Ghost Hunter on the PS2, which this kinda reminds me of. Except more in a RPG direction.

That does sound interesting. I'll throw €20 at it.

(By the way, how many things have you backed now icemann? Looks like every other post in this thread is you backing something.)

Or people forget this thread and so don't post in it .

I've backed: 27 so far on Kickstarter. Complete profile / list of what I've backed here.

Elsewhere - 2. Only 1 of which was successful.

A few have made it to completed status. I'll admit I've only played a handful of those so far. Too many games to get through .

Some I back more for supporting the studios. "The Warlock of Firetop Mountain" I did purely down to supporting the Australian games industry + I'd met a few of the team behind it in person (from back when I was actively trying to get a job in the industry). Underworld Ascendent was more to hopefully get a System Shock 3, which paid off. Though that one sounds quite interesting from the KS updates.

Shadowrun Returns I obviously played + the expansions. Battletech I backed. Definitely plan on playing that.

Played Moonhunters for a bit. Great game that one. Very good music.

Played Rebuild 3 which I backed. Very long game. Bugged final level which pissed me off.

Satelite Reign I backed + played the hell out of. Excellent Syndicate spiritual sequel.

Been waiting a few years for some of the more interesting ones. Paradise Lost - First Contact, which is a Metroidvania style one I look forward to. Halcyon 6, 13th Doll (7th Guest sort-of sequel) and Torment I DEFINITELY plan to play when their completed.

I tend to haunt the "Kommunity Kickstarter Katchup Kollektiv" thread on the RPS forums which gets daily updates on the various projects out there in the running. Hence why I've been backing so many.
    Last edited by icemann; 5th Nov 2016 at 12:07.

Since I don't generally browse Kickstarter myself, I tend to only back things I hear about (often here), so keep posting the interesting ones!

Will do. Even if it's just me posting them .

I'd recommend bookmarking that RPS forum link I provided above also, as that one has detailed info with daily updates.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast