TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: What are you kicking?

I don't post unless it's something that TTLG might be interested in and even then someone usually beats me to it. And if it's really relevant, I'd make a new thread instead.

Hey, that was some large-scale ninja editing!

I've just backed four so far, Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Underworld Ascendant being the main ones, and the System Shock remake (though I'm still a little sceptical of that one), and now the Hellhunter you just linked to - so definitely falling behind.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Here's mine - https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/592843194

I think the only think I've backed that was successfully funded and has subsequently fizzled is Tangiers.

I don't think I've ever really backed anything. Nothing speculative, that is. My "Kickstarter" contributions really have been glorified pre-orders. Stuff like Dragonfall.

I just post the stuff I back, as no matter how insignificant you think it might be, someone else may find it interesting as well and back it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Hey, that was some large-scale ninja editing!
    I have a habit of making posts, then think of better/additional stuff to add to them later .

Looks like Hellhunter isn't going to get backed; they're only at 48% with two days to go.

Yeah they sent out an update saying as such just today. Their eyeing up publishers.

Sorry, I've just got wind of this Star Citizen business.
    $130 million kicked as of this November?
    Are you fucking kidding me?

I mean it's great a game can get support, but that's the kind of money you put up for an actual manned space program, not a video game simulation of one. I feel like it's broken the system somehow. I can't even imagine how they logistically convert that much money into the game. There's gotta be a line beyond which it's just diminishing returns.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Welcome to 2012, demagogue.

HEH HEH HEH

2012 called, it wants its crazy videogames news story back.

HAHAHAHAHA wait I got one more

What, have you been living under a rock dumbass?

AAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA

Yeah but that was back when it was like a mere $6 million or so.

Nah I got nothing...
    I actually knew about the story before, but somehow them setting a stretch goal for $150 million by adding three new alien languages somehow raised my eyebrow all over again.

verbose douchebag
    Some of the recent SC videos look pretty cool (see the relevant thread).

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Welcome to 2012, demagogue.

HEH HEH HEH

2012 called, it wants its crazy videogames news story back.

HAHAHAHAHA wait I got one more

What, have you been living under a rock dumbass?

AAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA
    You need to apologise for Lordi and for making the rest of the world look bad by paying school teachers well.

Yeah the situation with SC is so bad. You can see the car crash coming (from scope creep) but can do nothing to stop it.

You just know that Chris Roberts is like this right now:

They REALLY should have stopped with the stretch goals ages ago.

I've been watching the alpha videos. They do look admittedly great.

It's still missing the one piece I most looked forward to for this genre, which is voxel deformation tech, a la Voxel Farm (Everqeust Next), so planets are procedurally generated off a seed like Minecraft + Space Engine. You can endlessly explore planets procedurally generated off a seed (like Space Engine) and build your own superfortress/city on any one like Everquest. So it's Minecraft + Firefly with procedural life & survival gameplay [(the promised version of) No Man's Sky], on top of the Elite like trading part. This is still just an incomplete next step closer to the perfect game for this, but not there yet. I'm tempted to say with this budget they could go for it, but I'm not advocating for feature creep either because then the whole thing gets tanked (which it might already be as it is anyway).

Nice to see in that thread faetal posted that I was saying this more or less back in 2013. See henke, I'm not out of touch, I just have the memory of a gnat. Gnot that I gnow the gnative gnowledge of a gnat.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    ...and for making the rest of the world look bad by paying school teachers well.
    You must be confusing Finland with some other country...

Finland is the country where Donald Duck got banned for not wearing any pants .

...and yet it's the country that originated the Moomins

I guess if you go naked, you gotta go all the way with it

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    You need to apologise for Lordi
    Watch what you say about Lordi, those guys are a national treasure.

Someone needs to kickstart a Christmas duet between Lordi and Conchita Wurst.

I just got an update for Tangiers. I was starting to wonder about this project, but after the latest update I think this is going to get done eventually -- and be something really extraordinary.

Just backed UnDungeon. The game looks fantastic with it's pixel art style, the gameplay shown in the trailer and the music sounds excellent. That trailer music I'm listening to again as I type this.

I HIGHLY recommend this one.

The makers of STASIS are at it again with another isometric adventure game, this time set in post-apocalyptic Africa.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...apocalyptic-ad

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    The makers of STASIS are at it again with another isometric adventure game, this time set in post-apocalyptic Africa.
    A Neil Bloomkamp-esque sci-fi game is probably something we've ever seen before. I'm definitely keen on this.

Pillars of Eternity 2 - Deadfire was launched on Fig today, so I backed that right away.

If your a fan of the first game, be sure to back it to ensure that some stretch goals are met . And the other game I backed "UnDungeon" hit it's $$$ amount of 50k and now has gone into unlocking stretch goals. Hope some get unlocked.

Francis Ford Coppola has turned to kickstarter to fund a video game adaptation of Apocalypse Now. Not really interested in helping to fund a multimillionaire's experiment with a new medium but looks like it might be ok if it turns out like it's described.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-now-the-game

Ama's Lullaby launched recently. Bladerunner-ish adventure game set in a cyberpunk world. I would likely not play it, but I'm sure many would.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425 LastLast