TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101520212223242526 LastLast

Thread: What are you kicking?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Haven't backed anything in ages, but this very pretty Flashback-inspired thing got me to crack open my wallet.

Still got about $20,000 to go with 10 days on the counter.

Thing What Kicks
    Not software, but still gaming related, I backed the Wooting Two, and am expecting delivery any day now. Very excited!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Analogue keyboard eh? Interesting! Curious to hear how works in practice.

That sounds interesting. I think I've seen mention of keyboards with analogue WASD keys, but this one looks like it's the full keyboard.

What's with the weird Fn key where the right-click key is supposed to be, though?

Thing What Kicks
    The function key is used to swap between profiles. You can map keys using their software, the "Wootility", so that some or all behave as either digital or analog, or any mix thereof. Pretty nifty idea!

They also have a cool approach to macros too, where you can assign two activation pressures on a key press. Press lightly, the first command gets executed. Press a bit harder, the second one does.

This sounds awesome. I'm eager to read about your hands-on experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    The function key is used to swap between profiles.
    I was more asking who had the bright idea of removing a standard key to put that there.

Does it really remove a standard key or does it just change its default use? Can't you just use the "Wootility" to set it to its normal, default function?

Thing What Kicks
    Will let you know when I get mine!

Shameless plug for my friend devs: I backed Supreme Courtship, a comedic visual novel adventure game, where you learn about the people and proceedings of our nation's highest Court.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Not a game, and I'm not gonna back it, but this needs sharing because it is the best Kickstarter pitch video I've ever seen.

Digitally Erase the Rat From the End of The Departed

Couldn't he just go into a video editing program (eg Windows Movie Maker) and maje the change there? I've never attempted something like that, but be simple enough in theory.

Carefully removing it from every frame and replacing it with the appropriate background would be a bit more work than that, but he's certainly spending a lot of money he doesn't need to, including not using perfectly serviceable free software when required.

Thing What Kicks
    So my Wooting Two arrived at the office the week I was off work. Doh.

Still, got it now, and can't wait to get home and set it up. Reckon I'll try it with Hitman 2 first, as one bugbear of mine is that 47's walk speed is faster than that of NPCs when using a mouse and keyboard.

Thing What Kicks
    Argh, just typed a load about the Wooting Two, only to lose it in a freak BackSpace accident >:E

On initial setup, analogue input wasn't working. But that's because I had an Xbox controller attached before the Wooting, which my PC was seeing as controller one. And as Wooting uses XInput to map analogue stick movements to keys, that meant I wasn't seeing analogue until I unplugged the controller and restarted.

Build quality is superb, with the keyboard feeling robust and responsive, whilst not being too clicky (although I'll have to wait until I've played some co-op with the TTLG Kru before I can truly say that!)

I've set up a profile for Hitman 2 using the easy-as-pie Wootility (can be downloaded from here and used without a Wooting keyboard attached, so have a play to get an idea of what the keyboard can do).
    There's only four keys that need to be analogue for Hitman, WASD for movement, and thankfully each and every key can be controlled in Wootility profiles, meaning while WASD are analogue, all other keys are digital.
    By default, a full keypress also counts as a digital input too, so if you find a game's being wonky because it's confused over whether you're using a controller or KB&M, you can just fully depress keys.

And if analogue's still dicking you about, there's a handy, dedicated mode switch keey that allows you to switch to complete digital with a key-press. Alongside that button are 3 profile buttons, meaning you can switch between different profiles on the fly. And as the Wootility saves these profiles to the keyboard itself, if you take the keyboard somewhere with you, you don't need to redownload the Wootility and set everything up just-so again.

The Analogue Curves section allows you to tweak responsiveness of keypresses, so you can tweak a profile until it's behaving exactly the way you want.
    In addition, if you're so inclined, you can turn off digital key input completely while in an analogue mode, although that seems inadvisable.

With it being a contemporary mechanical keyboard, that of course means snazzy lighting schemes to, and being able to assign unique schemes to each profile makes it easy to see at a glance how the keyboard's configured.
    There's even animated lighting schemes, although they're a little too gimmicky for me.

Also with it being a mechanical keyboard, it's certainly going to take a while for me to get used to after having used my trusty Sidewinder X6 for the past decade or so.

Overall, very happy!

Just when I thought I was done with KS, an interesting one comes along. Backed Space Haven which is a space management sim, where you build up a ship and go off on missions etc. Looks quite interesting, so was like meh why not.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Bram Stolk, indie-dev of The Little Crane That Could-fame, is making a train-management game called Hexa Trains.

It's got HEXAGONS!

Level 10,000 achieved

Chakat sex pillow
    Excellent. The bit where she leaps off an enemy onto a platform above him was where I sat up and began to take notice. That combat and parkour ignites a feeling I haven't had since Prince of Persia 1/2 (and the running leap off a bridge onto a dragon's back just cements it). One to watch!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah it looks amazing, and the story is really gripping and inspirational.

I'm not sure what to think of the gameplay though. All the cool dodge-moves during the fights look so varied and complex I'm having a hard time believing it's actual gameplay. I mean, perhaps it'd work if it's a Batman-esque system where you just tap the dodge button and she automatically does cool dodge moves.

Chakat sex pillow
    The Kickstarter page says dodge is crouch or jump for high or low strikes, and blocking is a single button press. I'm gonna hold off on judging the story because it's too early, the premise is familiar, and lines like 'We are the chosen, unquestioning faith is our salvation' make my left eyebrow twitch, but it's got promise.

Have to agree that it looks a bit too good. I'd really like even just a one room demo for the combat. A lot of it sounds really hard to pull off and they are only at the end of the pre-production stage.

That's not gameplay footage. Looks a bit too staged to me.

The Coles have a new project, a prequel to Hero-U in the form of what appears to be a visual novel with some light RPG elements and puzzles:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-u/description

Also, they have a short demo (Windows, Mac, and Linux) that you can try out here: https://transolar-games.itch.io/summer-daze/purchase

I backed Hero-U, twice, and was pretty happy with the end result. As with Tesla Effect, I felt it had that certain spark that the old games had. And this one looks like it will also have the Coles' signature humour (puns) and, for the lack of a better word, wholesomeness.

35 hours to go for the Coles' project and still 15k short, though there is usually a surge in the last couple of days: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...aze-at-hero-u/

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101520212223242526 LastLast