TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you kicking?

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Paul Caporicci has a video where we go into more details on the combat system. This system is tactical, based on historically accurate weapons and contextually based on the character you are playing.
    Oh, sounds promising... [video with pointless swinging and the usual unrealistic combat moves] ...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's wrong. Why do people actually say something like "it's a system that is [...] historically accurate" when they have no idea about history in this specific case? Heck, I wish with the CLANG kickstarter project and the two magazine articles earlier this year it would have become known that most weapon-related combat shown in TV and video games is merely flynning on steroids.

Alex: I could imagine it's the combination of pure stealth and sheer weirdness that's putting some people off, sadly. The former is definitely not mainstream, and the latter so quickly is deemed to be 'pretentious'. Here's hoping you'll make it anyway! *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    Why do people actually say something like "it's a system that is [...] historically accurate" when they have no idea about history in this specific case?
    I believe the quote you included in your post stated "historically accurate weapons". I.e. "a sword from the correct period" rather than king arthur wielding a katana or something. Not "people having ultra realistic sword fights".

Nobody wants to do accurate sword fighting because it's brutal, quick and no fun at all. Realistic swordfights would be niche in the same way hardcore tactical shooters are, except even more so (since at least with a tac shooter you can still do stuff by simply "pointing the noisy end at enemy").

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Shadow of the Eternals is currently no. 2 on Greenlight.

Lastly awesome artwork below.

Artistic Vision Showcased

Indie developer Precursor Games revealed today a video montage conveying the depth and beauty of the artwork set within its upcoming action-adventure game steeped in psychological horror, Shadow of the Eternals, currently on Kickstarter. Comprised of sweeping vistas, dungeons, horrific characters, and highly detailed backgrounds, the newly released video illustrates the breadth of time and locations that the player will travel to as well as the vast landscapes and environments of each era.
    <param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/hnRu5mZjMOo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/hnRu5mZjMOo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Moderator and Priest
    Octopus City Blues.

I'd explain it, but the trailer on the page would do a far better job of that than I would. I'll just say it's cool in that way mid-late 90's PC games were cool and leave it at that.

Yeah, I've jumped on that one too, Renz. It looks fabulously weird.

Oh that actually looks hella awesome. Games like this make me wish I was more into adventure games :/

verbose douchebag
    Sort of off-topic, but because I'm bored: http://mashable.com/2009/02/19/josh-...bum-promotion/

Josh Freese album price reward tiers - very amusing.

A little nostalgia but, The Mysterious Cities of Gold second season has been created and released in French (after 30 years), and they are making a game for it.

The kickstarter is to get a PC and English language version made along with other languages subtitled, as the original product was to be French only and available on the Wii U, 3DS and iPad.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...the-video-game

Moderator and Priest
    Aww, man. Mysterious Cities of Gold. That is awesome.

We didn't have cable running out to my house when I was a kid, so the only chances I ever got to watch it were when I'd go spend the day at my uncles, aunts, or grandparents houses. I'd always want to see it, but I only rarely ever caught it. Best I could do was hope it'd come on at some point during the day while I was there. No matter how much I hoped I'd catch it, I only ever managed to luck out 3 or 4 times.

...I need to download a copy of the series one day and fulfill one of my childhood wishes.

Alex, Tangiers looks incredible. Honestly, it looks more interesting to me than any other upcoming game right now (or anything released in the last decade). I'm looking forward to it.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Another one for you, Shadowcat.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ltra-edition-0

I wondered why it's from a different studio than the last Kickstarter and found the answer here.

Cubed3: Please could you first of all provide our readers with some background information on FUSE Games and why it changed to Silverball?

Adrian Barritt: Silverball Studios was recently acquired by Barnstorm Games, a company run by Simon Jeffrey who was also a founder of Empire Interactive, who originally funded and published the Pro Pinball games.

I've just backed this and if I'm honest, it's largely because of how awesome the pixel art is.

Last day for the Pro Pinball Timeshock campaign. I am SO stoked to see this one succeed. I just hope that the mobile market catches on to this, because I imagine that success in that arena would go a huge way to ensuring the future of Pro Pinball.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Dust View Post
    I've just backed this and if I'm honest, it's largely because of how awesome the pixel art is.
    Ha! You beat me to it.

The art style reminds me of the Oasis games for the Genesis and Saturn with a strong Superbrothers pixel art styling. You can't go wrong with that mix. And the gameplay? It's dead on awesome looking. A combination of Zelda style exploration and puzzle solving with Diablo-like swarms of enemies and a reliance on skillsets? Oh man...

Hell, I'm sold. Have some of my money, crazy awesome people.

Chakat sex pillow
    Thanks, AD! That is so getting backed by me. Absolutely beautiful. And the trailer music is by Baths, who's a crazy English dude, but he does disturbed nuance with a poet's skill. They should get him in on soundtrack duties, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Dust View Post
    I've just backed this
    Apparently so did everyone :P. Which is pretty cool, because the game looks awesome.

Taking the Death Toll
    Oh, it's already funded? HERE'S A FEW BUCKS ANYWAY

Drifter's main character and its arsenal look like they were inspired from the MMZ series.

Just backed Mighty No.9.
    I pledged enough to receive a physical copy of the game.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I backed the LA Gamespace bundle ages ago, which went towards funding the establishment of some... thing... in Los Angeles. I'm not superinterested in the thing itself, what I am interested in is the pack of 20 new games from notable indiedevs that backers will get access to TOMORROW. They've released a trailer of what some of the games look like and... uh... it... most of them look like what a Tim and Eric sketch about videogames might look like ok?

Well! This is going to be interesting.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Robert4222 View Post
    Just backed Mighty No.9.
    I pledged enough to receive a physical copy of the game.
    Read that KS page more carefully, with MN9 the game itself isn't actually going to be distributed on physical media at this point in time. The "physical reward" is literally just a fucking box and manual, styled after of those NES/Famicom game packaging and supplied reading materials.

Moderator and Priest
    Someone explain to me why we're all so mean to Robert all the time?

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Please point out where I was being mean to Robert? I was trying to help him. One assumes that a "physical box" reward tier would come with a physical copy of the game, I'm just pointing out that's absolutely not the case here (at this point in time, at least).

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 4

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Someone explain to me why we're all so mean to Robert all the time?
    It does feel a bit like that queue in Airplane to calm down the hysterical woman.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast