TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you kicking?

This looks and sounds incredible.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...saster-surviva

Level 10,000 achieved
    That does indeed look good. Often when I'm out wandering in the woods at winter I like to imagine how I'd manage if the power suddenly went out and stayed out. And I love that someone is making a game about it. A post-apoc game that is focused on survival for once, instead of merely being actiongames in a post-apoc setting, like pretty much everything else I've seen in the genre (Fallouts, Stalker, I Am Alive, etc.).

I'm wary about backing a project that don't really have anything but an idea and a few pieces of concept art to show for itself though. I'm gonna wait this one out and see if it gets backed without my help. Might throw a few bucks in if they're getting close to the deadline without having been funded.

Taking the Death Toll
    Some solid names recommending it though.

Dude has legit survival beard and lumberjack shirt. So all's well.

(although when it comes to hardcore survival with a story, they haven't heard of Neo Scavenger apparently. Not that that's the same really. First person Neo Scavenger would be pretty cool though.)

Still Subjective
    I see where you're coming from though.

The Long Dark does look good. Certainly one I'll be watching.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Taking the Death Toll
    What's the matter? Did he try to invent too many words and the whole thing collapsed under the weight of his beard?

PC Gamering Smartey Man

My retro console gaming friend will probably cry tears of joy when he sees this news, a River City Ransom sequel is being made!
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...om-underground

Why? What was so great about The 7th Guest that it needs another sequel?

It's just a bunch of puzzle games (some original, some not) connected by a plot shown in FMV cut scenes with painful acting. Don't even get me started on The 11th Hour which was so full of crap it made its predecessor look brilliant in comparison.

I understand the wow-factor the visuals had back then when CD-ROM was still a new medium, but that was literally 20 years ago. Why would you want to see another game in this vein?
    This might sound more confrontational than it is meant to be... I'm honestly puzzled (heh) why this game was/is held in such high esteem.

Like anything popular during that era, strictly for the nostalgia.

Moderator and Priest
    Not true. Tex Murphy will be as awesome now as he was back then.

Only now we'll have graphics.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    What's the matter? Did he try to invent too many words and the whole thing collapsed under the weight of his beard?
    What is it with you and NS's beard?

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Must play that series at some point. Love the look of those games. Some people HATED FMV games, but me I love them. B-Grade acting and all, still love em.
    I think there's a difference between "FMV games" and "games with FMV in it". The former use it as the central gimmick and the latter just for cutscenes. It seems to me that people mostly hated the former.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    What is it with you and NS's beard?
    I'm pretty sure he stores his manuscripts in there to hide them from editors.

Moderator and Priest
    Must play that series at some point. Love the look of those games. Some people HATED FMV games, but me I love them. B-Grade acting and all, still love em.
    I'm gonna back up what Starker said. The Tex Murphy games had far more in common with the old Sierra and Lucasarts adventures than it did The 7th Guest, Sewer Shark, Myst, or Night Trap. FMVs were only used to portray the conversations and cutscenes.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

HAH! The "have George Zeits as a stretch goal" schtick has become a meme over at Codex.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_t72x_9pik
    The Fall is looking for donations to fund development. It's a story-driven game with "metroidvania"-esque exploration and puzzle-solving inspired by Monkey Island and other Adventure games. The story and gameplay deal with working within and around the constraints of Issac Asimov's 3 Laws of Robotics and fighting for emerging civil rights in a sci-fi world where artificial intelligence is beginning to become self-aware.

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 4

verbose douchebag
    I think I will be kicking the living shit out of Pulsar: Lost Colony.

5-player co-op sci-fi ship and planey exploration with randomised galaxies and crew permadeath? Sign me up!

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by ToolHead View Post
    Prototype gameplay footage. The stylised art direction is very pretty, IMO.
    <param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/U8VsTvEDoIY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/U8VsTvEDoIY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

The Kickstarter is in its final week and could use a hand to get over the $200,000 goal. The Occulus Rift stretch goal was moved forward and they now plan to implement it if they meet their initial funding target.

Yeah; it's not looking too good w/r/t/ the financing of this project. A shame; they probably shouldn't have waited until 8 days from deadline before showing us the first gameplay footage.

Taking the Death Toll
    Been wondering this myself.

verbose douchebag
    The KS website is awful to browse, so I'd also be interested.

In good news, Pulsar: Lost Colony reached its goal
    That makes about 10 projects I've backed now - none of which I've played yet

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by ToolHead View Post
    Yeah; it's not looking too good w/r/t/ the financing of this project. A shame; they probably shouldn't have waited until 8 days from deadline before showing us the first gameplay footage.
    I'd be surprised if The Long Dark it DIDN'T get funded. It probably hasn't been fully funded by now because peoples' wallets are suffering "Kickstarter fatigue", i.e. there's been a lot of BIG KS campaigns recently like Mighty No. 9, Shantae and Hyper Light Drifter.

Regardless of the Kickstarter's success, the game is happening since they got a $1m loan from the Canadian government. The KS' purpose is deliver the additional funding that they believe will help bring their full vision to fruition.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...a/posts/607852
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 9th Oct 2013 at 21:06.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville - I loved Rebuild 1 & 2. Really fun flash games. This one looks like it will cross the line + hit some stretch goals. If they do a PC port I might chip in.

Asking for: 25k
    Raised: 20k
    Days Left: 22
    They're absolutely doing a PC version, have a read of the KS campaign page.

Probably the thing that caught my eye the most is the fact that developer is married to the Incredipede guy, Colin Northway. That game is probably more infamous for its storied trip onto the Steam marketplace than anything else.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/09/no...dipedes-story/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/06/ho...ed-onto-steam/
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 10th Oct 2013 at 03:39.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The Long Dark has raised $190,000/$200,000 with 4 days to go. Probably gonna make it.

Jennifer Hale (Femshep) is voicing a character! Also starring Elias Toufexis (Adam Jensen) and Mark Meer (Broshep) as the protagonist Will Mackenzie.

Beautiful:-
    <param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/TdHTl2E2ajY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/TdHTl2E2ajY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast