TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: T2 fm-Cathedral of St.Vincent-6/18/2012

I mean, it's highly unlikely that players will encounter this issue. The key you need to retrieve your blackjack has loot right next to it, so you'd have to deliberately skip that loot in order for this to happen (and who skips loot in a Thief game?).

Alternatively, you could set the "Find out who framed you" objective to be visible from the start, which would guarantee that players have an unfinished objective when they pick up the blackjack.

Thank you Grandmauden, that gave me an idea to fix that in a simple way, iīll put the black jack and the purse inside a footlocker as well as a key to the door prison, so in order to leave the prison the player needs to frob the footlocker that includes the blackjack, the purse and the key... updating the mission now...

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Good thinking, Pedro!

I just went through over 220 fms that I have to make sure they all still load and only ONE crashed... Cathedral of St. Vincent. I am not disabling any enhancements or anything like that so I guess I will be deleting this one. It just seems strange that this fm would be the only one out of hundreds that crashes when trying to load.

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    I just went through over 220 fms that I have to make sure they all still load and only ONE crashed... Cathedral of St. Vincent. I am not disabling any enhancements or anything like that so I guess I will be deleting this one. It just seems strange that this fm would be the only one out of hundreds that crashes when trying to load.
    It's the first time i hear someone having a crash with this mission, it's not very hard to disable the ep, after you finish the mission re-enable it. Otherwise youīre skipping a high quality team production.
    Last edited by Cardia; 14th Feb 2018 at 05:57.

I played it years ago and yes it is indeed an excellent mission. However, when I tried recently to replay it with the newest version of the dark engine, it crashed when loading.

I played it years ago and yes it is indeed an excellent mission. However, when I tried recently to replay it with the newest version of the dark engine, it crashed when loading.
    Do you have your NewDark updated to 1.25? Have you try to install the mission via darkloader?

Yes, i am on 1.25. I am using the mission loader that installs with Tafferpatcher. So strange... I just uninstalled the mission and reinstalled it and it is working fine now. That was weird...
    Last edited by cavador_8; 14th Feb 2018 at 22:03.

Yes, i am on 1.25. I am using the mission loader that installs with Tafferpatcher. So strange... I just uninstalled the mission and reinstalled it and it is working fine now. That was weird...
    Iīm glad the mission works now for you

i'm looking for vault key nr 6 and where can i find the evidence of my murder charge?

For the vault key 6 i don't remember, there are several evidence you'll need to find along the mission.
    I did walktrough videos that can help you out to find these items:

My old notes for this mission say that most of the vault keys are being carried by the thieves. I did not write down anything more specific for any of these keys. I dimly remember that some keys were carried by people in a large mansion located in one corner of the map, at one end of the river flowing through the city. Other thieves were present near a machinery house ("Water Utility Management", maybe?) close to the river and the bridge towards the cathedral. Some other villains could be found in the sewers leading from the city towards the cathedral. Yet some other thieves might be found near the main entrance to the mansion I mentioned; this is more or less in a central position in the city area.

To prove your innocence, you need a black book ("Black Bones Ledger Evidence") from the thieves, the killer's fingerprints (taken from the clock found in the river), the clock from the river, and finally a grammophone or victrola with a recorded conversation between the Mayor and two of the thieves. This recording most likely can be done or obtained in the mansion I mentioned above.

The book probably lies in the thieves' hideout in the sewers. Getting the fingerprints is a bit more work: First, you have to visit the morgue and steal some vessel in which found objects can be stored. Go to the channel with the vessel, climb down and look for the clock there. Use the vessel on the clock, and you should have a piece of evidence that still has the killer's fingerprints on it, but not your fingerprints as well. Carry the vessel back to the morgue and look for a machine that can take fingerprints off of objects. Use it to obtain the prints from the clock.

Once you have all these things, place them on the appropriately named table in the morgue. A man clad in brown should appear and confirm Garrett's innocence. He drops a written certificate for that somewhere here, and you should take that certificate. Afterwards, you can watch something outside the morgue: The Mayor is put in a cell and whines that he wishes to be freed. However, even if you unlock his door, thus doing exactly what he whined for, he will still continue to stand in the cell...

This was a fun mission even though I forgot a key and things and had to run back and forth a lot.
    Time: 3 hrs 1 Min
    Loot: 5171/5466
    Pockets Picked: 19/20
    Secrets: 5/5 though I had to come here for help, I somehow completely missed the passage up by the hammer and used slow fall potion to get back down originally.

Iīm glad you enjoyed this team project , and congrats for finding all secrets

This mission has been updated to V 1.9:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q6D...ew?usp=sharing

changes in V 1.9:

-all lights have radius
    -loot goals are easier to complete
    -all objects illuminated have shadows
    -paintings and vitrals size have been adjusted to fit the widescreen format
    -other fixes
    -texts fixed by Mat99
    -sounds edited by Mat99
    -blocked areas not supposed to be explored.
    -textures replace 0, 1 and 2 removed.
    Last edited by Cardia; 21st Mar 2020 at 09:12.

Wow this is such a nice mission, I loved to play through it!! the cathedral was so well done, I had to memorize the ways so to not get lost inside it. The maps were also very well done and easy to read.
    I also loved the system with the 8 keys you have to find before you can open the vault. The only thing I did differently as it was supposed to be, was that I blackjacked the hammerite in front of the alarm shut-off button and pressed the button myself, cause I went into the belltower before I went to the vault anyway
    It was also pretty damn cool that it was a two-part mission: town with finding evidence, cathedral with finding the hammer

Amazing job and a big thanks to the authors cardia and darthslair!!

Thank you for playing it Samantha, iīm glad you enjoyed , it was the only abandoned mission i ever worked on, someone proposed it to me to take it and finish it, i accepted, i changed completely the outside appearance of the buildings, even added new interiors and new buildings, changed the atmosphere to a cloudy sky, added music and also decorative elements, then Darthslair gave life to this map, set up the gameplay, ai creatures, storyline, secrets and other things...

pity he can no longer be here, otherwise we would have done more team work missions. I always loved to work with him.

Great! Well done you two! oh I didnīt know darthslair isnīt here anymore, thatīs sad :/ maybe heīs coming back one day

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Great! Well done you two! oh I didnīt know darthslair isnīt here anymore, thatīs sad :/ maybe heīs coming back one day
    Unless there's a way for him to recover his eye-sight i don't see how he could return to us.

Easter Egg

Very nice campaign. I wanted to comment and point out that this was a very nice touch:

https://flic.kr/p/2jVP1HK

Thank you Moatazeman, iīm glad you enjoy it. Yes back then when searching for Renaissance paintings i stumbled upon those ones and said to myself it would be funny to use them in the mission.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011