TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718

Thread: T2 FM: What've You Found Little Fly. 5 July 2012

Hello, Xorak - no error message at all - only the popup that "Thief2 The Metal Age has encountered a problem and needs to close". One more weird thing, the space where I last tried to create a hard save now says . I can't quick save, either.

I think I may be playing an older version

Downloading from Southquarter now, and will start again fresh

Downloaded and optimized to 119 - so far everything running smoothly. Except one funny moment with a sleepwalking guard ...
    http://s251.beta.photobucket.com/use...ab0fe.mp4.html

You're not supposed to wake up sleepwalkers - so I put him into deeper sleep

Jeepers, this fm is haunted! I threw some things down the chute that I guess is used to feed the wolfman when he's in his cage. Whatever you throw down there, never shows up in the cage below. Is that supposed to happen? Where does it go?

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Jeepers, this fm is haunted! I threw some things down the chute that I guess is used to feed the wolfman when he's in his cage. Whatever you throw down there, never shows up in the cage below. Is that supposed to happen? Where does it go?
    Hmmmm.... sounds to me like you are just past the sleepwalking guard ?
    The 'chute' close by is good for nothing.
    I guess no one ever bothered testing what would happen if someone would try to put stuff inside.
    But indeed I also wondered why it is there at all, but it seems like I forgot to ask about it while testing.
    So, feel free to ignore it.

http://s251.beta.photobucket.com/use...ab0fe.mp4.html
    What a dumb ass ! He even snores !
    Thanks for this entertaining video ! I have never seen anything more ridiculous like this in Thief2 ever.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 7th Feb 2013 at 17:52.

Stuck again - I got the lights on, but Crust never showed up. He isn't in the room with the power switch or anywhere between that room and the embalming room. So without his key, I can't get past this point?

Gnartsch: yeah, I forgot to mention about the snoring ... I've seen even more ridiculous things than that - wonder if there is a Thief bloopers thread somewhere?

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i tried this mission last night on expert and i had no problems,but i am curious what is the cannon ball for?
    Which cannon ball? Did you find a hidden item somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Stuck again - I got the lights on, but...
    You did that before and there were no problems right? You said you optimized the level for NewDark, maybe something went wrong with that. That seems likely, after seeing the way the other guard is sleep-walking. Did you Compute Pathfinding Database and Build AI Room Database (and make sure the entire mission was selected with the area-brushes)? Crust probably is there on the other side of the door but either his patrol route doesn't kick in, or he's trying to eternally walk through the door without opening it and is just stuck there.

The wolf's chute was supposed to be for a puzzle idea, but like gnartsch, I completely forgot it was even there and never even looked at it again. The brushes don't line up on the inside, so anything you throw down there probably gets stuck half-way.

Yes, it's possible optimizing caused a problem, but I don't know why that should be. I could always download again and start fresh without optimizing. It's worth one more try, I think!

Stuck

OK. Where is the goop?

What's a "goop"?
    I can't find it in my dictionary, so I don't know what you're looking for.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

From Dictionary.com:

goop
    noun, Slang.
    a viscous or sticky substance; goo.

Check storage room at end of hall behind armoire.

I appreciate the replies.

What storage room at the end of what hall?
    Do you mean the locked metal door?
    I don't have a key to that.

WALKTHROUGH is in this volume.

Go HERE for all walkthroughs.

Thanks, Ricebug.

I see that I have all the keys I should have at this point, but I still can't open the metal door.
    If it's not the storeroom, then I don't know what is.
    Maybe something is not working properly. I have searched the place thoroughly.
    I'll either restart or give up. I hate giving up. I've been playing fan missions since they
    first became available years ago. I might lose interest in a poorly done mission, but I do not let them defeat me!

It's wonderful that the community is still so active, with many new "faces" at that.

Xorak's missions are well thought-out and fairly difficult, thanks to the puzzle factor. When I finish the walkthrough I'm currently on, I'll go take a look at Fly

Go to the large room with all the columns and colorful sparkly effects. Take the hall that branches off to the southeast. Go all the way to the end. There's a door on your left. Inside this room you'll find a table with some paintings piled on it. The Foul-Smelling Goop is in this room.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 26th Sep 2014 at 13:38.

Playing this again, on Expert. I'm trying to find the key to Mortus' jewelry box...

Hint: check the suites on the west side of the manor. In the OM, there was a secret on the upper floor; here, it contains a note that should help you narrow down the key's location.

Outright spoiler: outside of Versaw's bedroom in the west suites, peek behind the curtains under the stairs and examine the shelves.

replayed this last night amazing

but i was able to sword the door a few times with max hit and it opened to secret crypt,bypassing metal mold and hammer

just wanted to let the author know

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmauden View Post
    Hint: check the suites on the west side of the manor. In the OM, there was a secret on the upper floor; here, it contains a note that should help you narrow down the key's location.

Outright spoiler: outside of Versaw's bedroom in the west suites, peek behind the curtains under the stairs and examine the shelves.

Thanks! Finally finished, what a ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    WALKTHROUGH is in this volume.

Go HERE for all walkthroughs.
    I'm definitely going to need a walkthrough for this FM. I managed to climb up onto the walls near the start and made my way to a large courtyard with a large skull in a pit. I don't think I was supposed to go that way.

btw the ambients seem to change in so many random places.

I just played your FM Xorak! I have to say: IT'S FREAKING AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't believe it's your first mission...Brilliant work!

5/5 stars is a rare vote from me

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718