TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 510151617181920

Thread: T2 FM: What've You Found Little Fly. 5 July 2012

This is from my vague notes of this mission:

Inner Tunnels: you need to place furnace chess piece into chessboard and go through curtain.

Angel Blood: In Inner Tunnels you need to frob mask, then find and frob ape head on ceiling. Then go to golden child and he will take you to another room and finally you will be able to use switch to get angel blood. Also you need newer scripts for this task to work correctly. So if interaction with mask doesn't show subtitles, then you need to install new scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    you need newer scripts for this task to work correctly.
    This may well be Lady Taffer's problem, which new scripts are you talking about, I'm playing via ND 1.29e so should have the latest scripts anyway but still want to check if the table in the Creature Observation room become active only once you have activated the mechanical cherub, and I'm nearly there

This is weird, this line in your post only appeared when I replied with quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    So if interaction with mask doesn't show subtitles, then you need to install new scripts.
    Edit: got to the cherub bit and works correctly, cherub walks into room, looks at bookcases in corner, turns towards table, which then becomes frobbable, which once moved reveals the lever behind.

Lady Taffer must have older scripts installed, probably easiest to patch with latest T2Fix, but will need to restart mission as old save won't work with updated T2Fix.

Edit 2
    : Have discovered a potential serious issue with the cherub however, from the moment onwards after frobbing the monkey head against the cherub, I couldn't save, if I did the game CTD when next loaded that save, something to do with excessive ''[dynarray.h@384] Index out of range'' according to monolog, have sent report to Glpher, so players are advised to hard save before you use the monkey head on the cherub and check the mission crashed once you have used the monkey head, if it doesn't you should be Ok.

Good news Glypher has also been playing today, knows about all the issues and hopefully we’ll be able to release a dml within a short time.
    Last edited by fortuni; 27th Nov 2022 at 22:10.

I think you're playing with T2Fix v1.27e applied, and that has NVScripts v1.2.9. I guess this should be okay, but I have not yet done that which gives me access to the inner tunnels.

By the way, some weeks ago, a new version of NVScript surfaced. Check out this thread. Thus, if v1.2.9 of the scripts doesn't work, we could also try the newer v1.3.0 ones.

P.S.: Now wait... the Readme of the mission (v1.1) does not talk about NVScripts, and the FM archive only contains tnhScripts, and the newest ones I know. That does not seem to be the problem.

However, the Readme touches the subject of crashes and script-made subtitles. Seems like Lady Taffer's scripts may not exactly be the problem here, but maybe an old and never fully fixed bug. Glypher to the rescue!
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 26th Nov 2022 at 13:21.

Yeah my bad, it's ND_1.27e

Did you read my warning about not saving once you have activated the cherub?

Yes, I read that. But so far, I have not activated that cherub. I'll save right before I do it, and then see whether the recommendations in the FM's Readme do help. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    PS. Where the heck are the Inner Tunnels?
    The entrance is secret in the library\music room. It becomes accessible after putting the chess figure on the board and hidden behind the curtains, so it is hard to find even after the chessboard activating.

Thanks for that but finished this mission a few hours ago, but am replaying it as I'm writing a very much more comprehensive walkthrough (for all difficulties) than Ricebug's, I agree that one is really not good.
    Last edited by fortuni; 27th Nov 2022 at 22:10.

is also broken
    I finished it yesterday, everything worked flawlessly for me. 1.1 version.

And that is what also happen with baeuchlein, weirdly he discovered my save of the CTD I posted at Shadowbox did not cause a CTD with him, so I loaded that same save onto my spare laptop and hey presto no CTD, but on that occasion the cherub walked past the occasional table that you need to frob and stops in front of anther bookcase and looks at the Craybeast cage, this means that the table did not become frobbable, which is exactly the problem Lady Taffer initially encountered.

So what the heck is going on I can't say, but Glypher also played this mission yesterday and discovered many many issues that need addressing including the final goal reversible, so there will be a dml in the near future.
    Last edited by fortuni; 27th Nov 2022 at 22:11.

Glypher had found the problem of the cause of the CTD, it's caused by the DromEd Deluxe gamesys, which this mission employs. Unless explicitly removed, this gamesys will have the "M-AlertCapHigh" metaproperty added to any object descending from the "Creature" archetype upon receiving either the "ProjStimX" or "AlertStimX" stimuli. These are never removed, so some objects end up with hundreds of the same metaproperty.

This issue will not occur if you have T2Fix 1.27e installed together with T2FMDML, since dedx.dml (MODS\T2FMDML\dbmods) fixes this issue.

If you do not have FMDML package installed the problem can be fixed with this dml

Code:
    DML1
    //T2 FM: What've You Found Little Fly? by Christopher Lafond (Xorak) / Fixes: cplrun.gam.dml

-ObjProp "Projectile" "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp "M-SilenceEffectX" "Fungus"
    -StimSource "Flame" "FireStim"

Receptron "Creature" "AlertStimX" 0020010A
    {
       Effect "add_prop"
       {
          "Prop Name" AI_AlertCap
       }
    }
    Receptron "Creature" "ProjStimX" 00200148
    {
       Effect "add_prop"
       {
          "Prop Name" AI_AlertCap
       }
    }
    Receptron "Human" "AlertStimX" 002000F7
    {
       Effect "add_prop"
       {
          "Prop Name" AI_AlertCap
       }
    }

As for the issue with the cherub walking past the table and looking at the Craybeast instead, this issue is yet to be resolved.

In the meantime I have written a new walkthrough for this mission, Ricebug's walk has limited information and as commented above is next to useless in some respect.

Walkthrough
    Last edited by fortuni; 29th Nov 2022 at 17:37.

How do I know if I have T2FMDML installed?

And with what file name do I save the DML?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    How do I know if I have T2FMDML installed?
    You would have checked it's box when you installed T2Fix, but you can check if you have installed it in your Thief folder/MODS folder, should be there as T2FMDML, if there make sure it's also in your cam_mod.ini Mod Path, but it should be there automatically.

; these are normal mod paths which are applied after the active FM in the search order
    ;mod_path MyBowMod+.\TexturePack
    mod_path .\MODS\Thief2 Fixed+.\MODS\Subtitles+.\MODS\T2FMDML.

If you didn't load the FMDML package when you installed T2Fix you'll need to repatch with the latest T2Fix, make sure you check BOTH the Common Scripts Module as well as the FMDML package, if you do not install the Common Script Module you won't install the FMDML package.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    And with what file name do I save the DML?
    The file name is there, it's cplrun.gam.dml
    Last edited by fortuni; 29th Nov 2022 at 16:07.

i repaired the red and yellow cables , but what happened after this ?

Read the scroll outside Embalmers Crust's room, it tells you he doesn't like the lights on, so find a find to put them out.

i left the room after repairing the wires on the left side and run to the room with the 3 generators. there is a lock ,which i can't open and therefore the little sliding door above don't open ??

Look for the key then!

Look for the key then!
    please a little hint

No, because it's on plain sight, but it is close, very close.

There you go a little hint.

[QUOTE=fortuni;2494609]No, because it's on plain sight, but it is close, very close.

close in the room where i repaired the wires or close in th room of the generators?

Close to the generators' room. The key is easy to miss if one does not look for a key there. If, however, you already have a key, and somehow it doesn't work, check whether you also pushed back the machinery which covered the place where the wires had to be repaired. I do not know whether this is required for proceeding, but I do know that the piece of machinery lights up if one comes near, even after repairing the wires, and if the player right-clicks on the machinery to "use" it, it slides back in its place over the pit with the wires, and then becomes "unusable" (not frobbable).

Another little hint, to identify the key if you already have it in your inventory: The key is labelled with the name of its owner, for example: "Gandalf's key". If you do not have such a key in your inventory, then you have not found that key so far.

thx bäuchlein for your patience

i have pushed back the machine . and now i searched for about an hour for the key. i have only two keys in my inventory stobbs key and the basement key. but no key to open this sliding door

i don't know why ,but after the third approach it works
    Last edited by radogoal; 4th Dec 2022 at 01:37.

Unfortunately, it is possible to stand in the way of the door which tries to open, and if one does this, the door might not completely open.

I remember my brother and me, more than 20 years ago, making jokes about Garrett having the imprint of a doorknob in his face from all these doors that opened right into his face when he was kneeling before them and fumbling around with the lockpicks...

Is this the cherub bug? I installed T2Fix_1.27e_with_mods.exe, and am playing on Expert. When I use the demon soul within a lifeless monkey head on the metal cherub, he first turns to face the corner behind him then walks to the Creature Observation room, walks past the two bookcases on the right wall, turns left, and stops level with the right edge of the bookcase nearest the burrick head trophy. I believe the small round table in the corner he has just passed should become frobabble, but no furniture in that room becomes frobbable. The lights in that room are off, and I killed the crayman earlier.

Yep that's the one, I can upload a save with the table being frobbable, but due to the other bug I encountered you may not be able to load again without the game crashing, but if you are playing with either the dml installed or have FMDML package active then things maybe OK.

Thank you for the offer of a save game. But I think I have lost interest in the mission. I liked the start, but when I got to the part where I had to put a sleeping burrick that looked like a dead one on an elevator platform, and send it up, in order for someone to come downstairs and leave the gate open behind them...I thought credibility had become too stretched. I now have quite a few objects in my inventory which I'm sure will have to be combined in ways which, despite the clues in readables, seem largely random to me, and unfortunately the desire to continue has faded.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 510151617181920