TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM campaign "Reunion With Basso" (08/30/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Zappen, these missions are awesome
    I love the blow of the horn and the candles which can be blown out. Tere's is so much new stuff in there.

The objective of the Hammerite doesn't tick off, even though I found him right after the start and I went to look for him again near the end.

In the mine, swimming under water to a new part, am I not supposed to climb out of there? I shot rope arrows in the tree up there, but I never made it up.

Shoot the arrow really high in the tree and you can climb it and get out. Then, just walk around until you find Basso.

For the Hammerite objective, there are two Hammerites you must find, one is in the sewer near the tavern, the other is in the mine - look for a place to rope up early on. Details are in earlier posts in this thread.

- prjames

d. 2014
    mission 3 could someone please tell me where the tavern is,a wine place with a cellar, the spitting burick, and the hostel,nothing there no tavern please help

Thanks prjames

Hawk: Did you shoot a rope arrow into the small wooden building/shed, up a wall? Climb over and you'll get to a whole new area to explore.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    mission 3 could someone please tell me where the tavern is,a wine place with a cellar, the spitting burick, and the hostel,nothing there no tavern please help
    I guess he means the hostel 'Beer Wave', not the access to the round path at the mission's beginning.

You can access the hostel from the new quarter: Near the church/cemetary turn right and then go west. Look for a wooden door leading into a cellar. Once in there turn left and look for a ladder ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Zappen, although I find your mission(s) great I have a crytical remark: On the end of part 3: I roped up to the tree high, higher and highest, using 2 vine arrows, but I still get dropped back or get stuck on the ledge. This shouldn't happen.
    I normally don't have any problems climbing out "stuff".

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

BANNED
    Just finished and enjoyed every minute of it, thanks very much, zappen.

Zappen, although I find your mission(s) great I have a crytical remark: On the end of part 3: I roped up to the tree high, higher and highest, using 2 vine arrows, but I still get dropped back or get stuck on the ledge. This shouldn't happen.
    I normally don't have any problems climbing out "stuff".

While I managed to get out of the hole eventually, i had to put my arrow in the right place to get away from the edge of the hole and gain enough height to jump to the edge of the hole. A few times i was 'caught' on the edge of the hole - not been able to climb out but neither falling back into the hole.

This situation was mild in comparison to crouching and walking through the hole in one of the lower chambers in mission 2. There was a slight 'lip' on the ground and i kept getting stuck on it, so couldn't walk through the hole. I tried many times in frustration, backing up, letting Garrett's height bob to it's lowest, but to no result. Eventually I tried a few times by trying to walk up along the sloped sides i managed to get though, but it should not have been this difficult. Maybe it's just me, but in Thief, little 'lips' and edges, like that can cause Garrett to get 'stuck'.

This reminds of another recent mission, I tried to climb out of a pool of water, but instead of straight sides, the edges of the pool are inverted inwards and this made climbing out of the pool very very hard.

I do understand, that the builders are trying to make good looking realistic terrain, but sometimes, the physics of the game engine just results in getting Garrett stuck and massive frustration on the part of the player.

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Sorry Clearing, if you have left the house of the magician once there is no way back ... he turned his servant into a rat and closed every access.
    How did you get out? i'm trapped

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    How did you get out? i'm trapped
    Hint: Check all areas again, but look UP!

Answer: On the level with living quarters, one of the rooms has an attic you can rope up to

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Hint: Check all areas again, but look UP!

Answer: On the level with living quarters, one of the rooms has an attic you can rope up to
    Yes found it,thanks awesome fm though

Thanks!

zappen,

Very nice missions!
    Thank you!

Hi Zappen,

I was looking forward to playing this game, but it super buggy for me. I guess I am the only one getting issues so far. It freezes if I get near any objects.

I uninstalled both darkloader and thief itself and reinstalled without any extra patches or enhancements hoping that would help - still I get long freezes and game aborts. Never had this problem with other FMs, so I just don't know what is wrong with this one.

I really hope no one else has these same issues. Are there any recommneded patches to run? Maybe it's just in the start.

Regards,

Bjack
    Last edited by bjack; 8th Sep 2012 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I was looking forward to playing this game, but [...] It freezes if I get near any objects.
    If your Thief and DarkLoader installation always worked right I'd recommend to reload and install the FM ZIP file again - maybe it is corrupted?

Good luck ...

I have a crytical remark: On the end of part 3: I roped up to the tree high, higher and highest, using 2 vine arrows, but I still get dropped back or get stuck on the ledge.
    You're right but this is a dark engine problem with that poly brush, it occurs at/in the small lake in Mission 1 too but for optical reasons I couldn't use a square brush for a lake or hole like this.
    Even I sometimes had to try several times in the test ... the only advice I can give you is to shoot the first arrow as high as you can (behind the leaves) and then make a real big jump ... then welcome to Basso's new home!
    Last edited by zappenduster; 8th Sep 2012 at 16:26.

This turned out to be a very good mission. A player could get the bejesus scared of them without having to reload a saved game. Abbots lab skeleton comes to mind. I picked a patroling guards key to the basement and he couldn't unlock the door. Nice touch. I thought I would be clever and lock out the guy standing next to the locker. I went on my way only to be attacked by those Hammers by the main gate. I re opened the door and later found the novice back by the locker and the Hammers at peace again. From blowing out the candles to the entertaining traps everthing was very well done. What was with that guard walking through the chapel? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    Ok, I made it down there again, managed to progress with a few more attempts. ended mission 2. nice ending.
    Could you tell me exactly where the key is? I went into the hole across from the pit where the plank breaks. I found a fobbable statue's head that opens and underground room. I also found a brick in the wall that I could remove to reveal some loot, but alas no key

found it!
    Last edited by Paulie007; 9th Sep 2012 at 06:23.

mission 3 question

I am looking forthe hammers. found one in the sewers, but if there are more, not found them yte. can I get a hint?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I am looking forthe hammers. found one in the sewers, but if there are more, not found them yte. can I get a hint?
    The other one sort of managed to escape the mines. But he did not get very far.
    Neither did he leave the way you came in, nor did he get wet feet and didn't proceed in Basso's direction either.

Be vigilant and keep some vine-arrows ready.

mission 3 ... hint as to where the tomb of the two kings is ... thanks and great job on this fm kudos

d. 2014
    Thanks prjames

Hawk: Did you shoot a rope arrow into the small wooden building/shed, up a wall? Climb over and you'll get to a whole new area to explore.

thanks gloria,how i missed that i dont know, mission compleated

Hmm ... did nobody find the easter egg in mission 3 so far ?!?

Didn't think that it would be that difficult ... you don't have to climb or press any button ...

You mean Alfred E. Neuman?

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    You mean Alfred E. Neuman?
    Phew OK ... usually the first one to find it posts it in the forum ...

Ghost

Crown and scepter...?

Mission 2, trying to find the crown and scepter.

Shadows replied to a previous poster: From your start position, you go right to the back as far as you can go. There's a hole in a wall leading to a balcony like area and you look down into a 'courtyard'. Go down the stairs, then down a ladder and you're be in a room with lava running through the cracks in the floor. Proceed through the hole, there's a fire haunt and fireball. Go forward and on your left crawl through another hole, then mantle up into a opening, where the floor is lava and go around the ledge. Woila!, the King's Chamber.

My start position? In the mountains? If not, which room do you mean by "start position?"

Edit: All right, I found it: There is a tall chamber with a lava lake at the bottom, where a flaming skelly stands on one rock in the middle of the lake, and a second rock is empty. From that empty rock, you can jump either to the right, which leads ultimately to the Time Tunnel; or you can jump to the left, which leads either to an exit back into the ancient city or to the King's Chamber. For the King's Chamber, jump from the rock to the left entrance; turn right; and head through the hole at one end (the farthest end) of the the fire elemental's patrol (the fire elemental on the lower level; not the one that goes up the stairs). Thence, as Shadows describes. (You can also get there the way Shadows original put it; but by "start position," I think he meant from where you first stumble across the ancient city.)

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 13th Sep 2012 at 20:29. Reason: Added further directions.

Ghost
    Mission 2, expert: I'm having trouble finding the third secret, the one involving "the temple" (whatever that is) and fire arrows or flares.

Where/what is the temple?

I may have found the temple, but I don't know how to get inside it. I see a small circular window-hole, through which I can see the head and shoulders of a statue; but there seems no way in. I can get on top of the building, and atop many surrounding buildings, but that doesn't seem to get me anywhere. Is there a secret entrance? Something I must do to open some hidden door? I tried shooting a fire arrow through the window-hole into the statue's head, but that achieved absolutely nothing!

Of course, I could be totally wrong about that building being the temple. Yeesh.

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 14th Sep 2012 at 00:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Mission 2: I'm having trouble finding the third secret, the one involving "the temple" (whatever that is) and fire arrows or flares.
    Where/what is the temple?
    Dafydd, after all you wrote it seems that you still didn't enter the watch tower in the map's southwest corner. Just climb the cutten palm tree which leans at the tower, there's all you need and you'll find a way to the temple.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast