TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM campaign "Reunion With Basso" (08/30/2012)

Ghost
    Actually I had entered it; didn't realize it was the same place I could see through the circular window.

Got it now, starting on mission three...

Thanks!

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    If your Thief and DarkLoader installation always worked right I'd recommend to reload and install the FM ZIP file again - maybe it is corrupted?

Good luck ...
    Turned out to be a bad video card after all. I posted another thread about the trial of trying to get a Mac to play Thief. HA! I am lucky and my older windows box has built in video too, and it is not too shabby, so I may be able to play this yet. I really hope to, since it was pretty fun between the stalls. I guess that says something. I wanted to play this enough to slug through failing hardware

Cheers,

Bjack
    Last edited by bjack; 18th Sep 2012 at 19:53. Reason: dead hardware

Ghost

Locked doors in mission three...

I'm in Damien's mansion. I got the shield already, but there are two locked doors I cannot open: One is in the garden with the (possible) treebeast; the other is in the room with the ghost guy contemplating his huge pot of stew. Both doors unpickable, haven't seen any keys in there. What's up with that?

Edit: I figured out that those two doors lead to the same cylindrical tower. At the bottom of the stairs, there is a non-frobbable door; I can't say for sure, but I'll bet that leads either to the tower or outside the mansion. The trouble is that I haven't a clue how it opens... can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 16th Sep 2012 at 01:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    I'm in Damien's mansion. I got the shield already, but there are two locked doors I cannot open: One is in the garden with the (possible) treebeast; the other is in the room with the ghost guy contemplating his huge pot of stew. Both doors unpickable, haven't seen any keys in there. What's up with that?

Edit: I figured out that those two doors lead to the same cylindrical tower. At the bottom of the stairs, there is a non-frobbable door; I can't say for sure, but I'll bet that leads either to the tower or outside the mansion. The trouble is that I haven't a clue how it opens... can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Hint: Look up in one of the rooms

Answer: The level with living quarters, the room with the stack of books on the table, guarded by the wooden scary tree thing, look up, there's an attic, with a magic wand

Ghost
    I'm currently in the mines, but I have two uncompleted tasks: First, I found only one of the escaped Hammers, the one in the sewer. Second, I found only five of six listed secrets. Judging from an earlier post, I think the last secret is the Easter Egg (unless that doesn't count as a secret). At least, I know for a fact I didn't find the Easter Egg; and since I have five secrets posted, it seems logical that's the one I didn't get.

Can someone nudge me in the right direction? Must I leave the mines again? Yeesh!

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    I'm currently in the mines, but I have two uncompleted tasks: First, I found only one of the escaped Hammers, the one in the sewer. Second, I found only five of six listed secrets. Judging from an earlier post, I think the last secret is the Easter Egg (unless that doesn't count as a secret). At least, I know for a fact I didn't find the Easter Egg; and since I have five secrets posted, it seems logical that's the one I didn't get.
    The easteregg is not one of the secrets.
    Sorry, but I don't recall any details, but for sure I did not find the EE either.
    As for the second Hammer: he escaped the mines, but did not get very far.
    Hints: His escape route is not the way you came in nor the way you would proceed to Basso.
    Hint: keep your eyes open and rope arrows handy

I'm almost done the third mission of this really fun campaign but I'm short one secret. It's the one listed as Tomb of the Two Kings. (torch switch). Can anyone tell me where it is?

Ghost
    Thanks, Gnartsch; found him. Complete spoil: down a short, dark mineshaft almost due south of the elevator.

Hey, Nightwalker. I think I may be looking for the same lost, last secret as you; at least I don't recollect seeing anything that could remotely be described as "Tomb of the Two Kings (torch switch)!"

Dafydd

Secret

Well, go to the cemetary. Behind the pyramid there is a tomb build like a small house with stained glass which shows the two kings.

The torch switch is at the opposite site above the statue.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Thank you, zappen! I thought I had looked over every inch of that cemetary.

These missions are excellent and have given me a number of hours of interesting game play. Very nicely done! Thank you very much.

Please, in mission 2, where are the mechanists that I follow (first objective)? I arrived at the ruins, but I have not found yet.

Thanks in advance

Just keep exploring. You don't really follow them for most of the mission, more follow their trail.

Okay, thank you. Go ahead ...

Flash Arrow Disappears

I'm in the magician's house but I can't get out because it seems I'm supposed to use the flash arrow I found in the attic on one of the light balls behind the banners in the basement. But the flash arrow isn't in my inventory anywhere, even though I picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Rat View Post
    because it seems I'm supposed to use the flash arrow...
    You 'seem' wrong. Sorry I am not been insulting , but no, you must do something else to the balls of light.

Hint: Look up in the rooms on the level with living quarters

Answer: One of the rooms has an attic

Thanks shadows, I worked it out now

zappen, All 3 of these FMs were fantastic and fun! I especially liked the changing faces on the paintings! I had a great time playing them, which took just under 2 hours each (expert).

Thanks very much!

Wow, thanks for all your compliments ...

Well, here's the walkthru, I know it is only in german but illustrated with many hints and loot details. I guess Ricebug will soon make his 2012 walkthru edition including my campaign in english.

This will be followed soon by some Cure Souvenirs, then you can sneak an' grab all the new objects and texture families of my campaign in the DromEd section of this forum.
    Last edited by zappenduster; 4th Feb 2014 at 10:40. Reason: Added the "Cure Souvenirs" URL

I would like to know exactly where the library key is. I found the note that said it was lost near an opening over the lava pit but there are LOTS of openings over the lava pit. A post on this thread said it was the opening over the fire skeleton but there are several of those. I have been high and low. No luck. I'm standing in front of the library door and cannot go further without it. I'm not sure it's possible to backtrack.

Nice campaign Zappen. Im stuck on mission 3

How do I get into the magicans house? I can get in to the front garden area via the graveyard but the front doors have a cobweb over them and cannot be frobbed.

Edit: Typical! I spend an hour trying to get in and as soon as I ask for help I find the answer when I go straight back into the game lol.
    Last edited by Sir Taffsalot; 29th Sep 2012 at 14:55.

Quote Originally Posted by glwhalen View Post
    I would like to know exactly where the library key is.
    Just go back into the temple. Then head into that northeast tunnel which leads to the big lava hole with the fire skeleton inside.
    On the right side of your position under you you'll find the key which Brother Sosages lost when he almost fell into the lava (as you read in his notes).

This was a very nice campaign that seemed to have a strong emphasis on fun. My favourite bit was the magicians house at the end. Especially the scary paintings. Great work Zappen. Thank you for making this campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Just go back into the temple. Then head into that northeast tunnel which leads to the big lava hole with the fire skeleton inside.
    On the right side of your position under you you'll find the key which Brother Sosages lost when he almost fell into the lava (as you read in his notes).
    Thanks! Found it. This has been quite a fun set of missions.

Mission 1 - Fountain

In the Main Hall there is a Fountain which Highlights ..... is there an action you can do ???
    I thought it would be nice to put some Salt in it .... but ... no ...

Is there something I can do with this Fountain ???

Mission 1 - Fountain

Quote Originally Posted by gitb View Post
    In the Main Hall there is a Fountain which Highlights ..... is there an action you can do ???
    Sorry for the late answer ... but as you can expect in a cure facility - it's a healing font.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast